• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yozora Hint From Before KH3 Release?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
"Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy. If you can imagine a world, believe in it... and dive in."

I was rewatching the Toy Story trailer for KH3 and I noticed this quote. I didn't really think about it before, but this doesn't really apply to anything in KH3... except for Yozora. Was this some sort of reference to Yozora? It was probably used in all the trailers (I can't remember), but it's interesting that it was used in the Toy Story one - the world where Yozora debuted.

Could it be that Shibuya is some sort of dream world (at least the version of Shibuya that Sora is in)? That would explain why Nomura insists that it's not the one that The World Ends With You characters are from. Maybe it's some sort of universal plane that people sleeping/dreaming in different worldlines can meet/travel? It would explain Luxord's appearance in the secret video. Either he knew Yozora all along and introduced him to this sleeping Shibuya or after he was recompleted, he went to Yozora's worldline through that Shibuya to find Yozora for some reason.

Any thoughts on this? I know it's pretty random, but I just find it interesting that quote was used in a trailer and was never really referenced in the actual KH3.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Nomura said that quote was more a line spoken to the fans and not meant to be in or about the game itself.

I think it is fair to analyze it in this context, though.
I didn't know that he said that, but as news is dry right now I'm just looking at old stuff and trying to make theories.

I definitely would like Shibuya to be some sort of hub world that everyone's dreams/imagination can connect to, and thus allow jumping through worldlines. Although, it then begs the question - if Shibuya in the KH3 ending is not Neku's own, then why did Riku dream it and why is Yozora/MoM there?

What really gets me is the reference to Traverse Town in Shibuya. Traverse Town is described by Joshua as a world that only appears when someone is "in need of shelter". Perhaps Shibuya is a world that appears when someone dies? Like Traverse Town and Shibuya is like a pair of special worlds?

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I'd take it with a grain of salt...make that barrels of salt + an ocean of salt, because Nomura.

I'm still not sure if Nomura did say they're not the same Shibuya, because the translation goes that their promise is not directly related to the secret ending, not that they're not the same world.

Then again, TWEWY!Shibuya doesn't have Scala script on their billboards.

At this point, anything goes until we have something more concrete. I am awfully more interested in Yozora than the foretellers though.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yozora's foreshadowing may have been done before that in KH3D by Joshua:

Minute 3:10
OMFG! I always thought that Joshua was referring to Neku or someone from The World Ends With You. It would be amazing if he was referring to Yozora. I can just imagine a scene with Riku and Joshua in KH3D2 where Joshua introduces Yozora as that person with the powerful dreams. It really would make sense for Yozora's power to be over dreams (maybe the realm of sleep?)

astertide

Awards
I thought it was either Neku or Sanae Hanekoma, but Yozora makes 10000x more sense.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It's been years since I played TWEWY, but I don't remember anyone from there to fit Joshua's description.
Well in the context of KH3D, you would just assume that it was Neku since Joshua called him a friend and from the characters in KH3D, it would be either Neku, Shiki, Beat or Rhyme with Neku making the most sense.

But now with Shibuya connected to Yozora... it's possible that it could be Yozora.

Chie

Awards
I mean if the line WAS some random meaningless thing Nomura put in a trailer "to the fans" despite that having even less relevance than it has to the series, I would think that was really stupid of him to do so, like a "sounds meaningful" empty line put in on autopilot. So I'm not inclined to believe Nomura at all there, especially after stuff like "Verum Rex has no relation to Versus XIII :)". It means something to him at least.

Back