• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Yozora and his moveset

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
It's been a very long time since I've posted on here but this is the best Kingdom Hearts forum I know that will speculate and look at the details. I posted this on reddit but no meaningful discussion. If it isnt some sort of meme it gets overlooked :/

A few days ago I finally beat Yozora after taking a break from doing the data battles to play FF7R. Something about Yozora's moveset is interesting and I haven't seen any discussion about his moves. Now it could just be entirely a gameplay thing where he is just a comprehensive check of all the fights in Limit Cut, in which case then it's just purely coincidence but I believe that his moveset should have a focus and is worth discussion.
Yozora uses moves similar to the characters related to Xehanort but in his own style. Sort of how Dark Riku and Ansem SoD have a couple of similar attacks with the claws that come out during both fights and same thing with Master Xehanort having his clones from his younger self.
I have noticed that Yozora has moves from Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Terranort, Vanitas, Xion, Young Xehanort and Master Xehanort.

Ansem: Yozora usually starts with red laser attacks from a distance that you have to block. The first thing in the Ansem fight you have to do is block the lasers while Ansem is in the distance. Also the last part of Yozora's dm is similar to Ansem's "SHADOWWWWW" attack where if you get sucked in the bubble you either die or are at least one hit.

Xemnas: The unblockable blue lasers from his dm and his movement when he attacks. In the Yozora fight the blue unblockables are now part of his normal arsenal. Also there's an attack where he swings his sword at you in a similar motion to how Xemnas uses his kick attacks and the movement and blocking of them has the same awkwardness, but this part might be a reach.

Vanitas: After Yozora's 3 prism attacks, after the third one, Yozora will move in a similar fashion teleporting like Vanitas when he's throwing fireballs and says "Too Slow" before attacking with his sword. Also when he is charging up his sword and you attack him, after he retaliates he moves back in a similar reaction just like Vanitas does.

Young Xehanort: The constant clones that fake you out as if about to swing before the real one attacks you. Yozora does the same thing frequently in the second phase of the fight. Also just like Young Xehanort, Yozora can drain your health.

Terranort: When Yozora brings out the sphere and changes the field into a planetarium, the floor has the same effect as Terranort's "DARK TIMES AHEAD" attack

Xion: I know she isn't really related to Xehanort in any meaningful way but he does share attacks with her where if any of the pillars touched you, your health would be cut. Instead of blue pillars cutting your health down he charges up his weapon and will make slices that cut your health.

Master Xehanort: The second part of the DM the field turns white and clones attack you just like how Master Xehanort's field turns gray and shadow clones attack you from all over and it is almost exactly like Xehanort's shadow clones. Also there's a mixture of his and Xemnas attacks in the dm. Instead of Ultima Cannons shooting at you out of reach they are replaced by one red laser then 2 blue lasers in the exact same way the Ultima cannons are shot in Xehanort's fight and you either have to dodge forward or to the side.

Now like I said, this could all be a coincidence or just the game putting everything you've learned so far into one fight. But at the same time he has attacks from the Xehanort clones (and Xion) and no other data fight that I've noticed. Unknown has a snippet of Forze Del Male in his song to signify that he may be related to Ansem. Lingering Will had a keyblade, a move similar to Ars Arcanum, and locked you out of commands just like Unknown did in Kh1 to signify that he was related in some way. Mysterious figure had ethereal blades just like Unknown, instead of locking you out of commands, he scatters them, uses Doom like Marluxia and uses Raging Storm like a keyblade wielder to hint that he may be related to some characters we knew, so it isn't out of the possibility that Yozora's moveset isn't just a test for the player. Especially when he can take Sora's keyblade and uses it in his own style.

I don't really have any theories on who he could be or why he has these moves but I just wanted to throw it out there that even though it could be a coincidence for the player to use all past knowledge up until Yozora, I think there's something more to it and him being able to take Sora's power may be a start, hence the "Your power is mine" quote. Maybe the trials he went through were his own versions of data battles and that's how he's able to use moves like that? Maybe after every fight he acquires something new to use? I don't think he is a Xehanort or related to him, at least not yet but it's interesting that he uses similar moves from the Xehanort clones in his own fashion.

Awards
I think it has more to do with what you said about the game testing you on all the different attacks you've faced before.

I doubt there's any narrative significance to his attacks being slightly similar to org 13 bosses.

But also, this is Kingdom hearts so literally anything could be possible

sakonan7

Awards
I think it might be a coincidence because Yozora seems more connected to the Master of Masters than Xehanort because he has a blue eye that looks like the Gazing Eye
I think Yozora is designed to counter strategies players often use.
His combos have delays in them to throw off players who spam guard, like Xemnas' combos in the Data Fight. And he specifically teleports his sword behind Sora to get around his guard.
I think Yozora is what Lingering Will is to Kingdom Heart 2, though
He's a new character who has similarities to Sora and is the hero or a version of a hero from another story
Yozora's similar to Sora in that they're both protagonists and thrown into weird stuff

Last edited:

WonderfulJacket

It's been a very long time since I've posted on here but this is the best Kingdom Hearts forum I know that will speculate and look at the details. I posted this on reddit but no meaningful discussion. If it isnt some sort of meme it gets overlooked :/

A few days ago I finally beat Yozora after taking a break from doing the data battles to play FF7R. Something about Yozora's moveset is interesting and I haven't seen any discussion about his moves. Now it could just be entirely a gameplay thing where he is just a comprehensive check of all the fights in Limit Cut, in which case then it's just purely coincidence but I believe that his moveset should have a focus and is worth discussion.
Yozora uses moves similar to the characters related to Xehanort but in his own style. Sort of how Dark Riku and Ansem SoD have a couple of similar attacks with the claws that come out during both fights and same thing with Master Xehanort having his clones from his younger self.
I have noticed that Yozora has moves from Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Terranort, Vanitas, Xion, Young Xehanort and Master Xehanort.

Ansem: Yozora usually starts with red laser attacks from a distance that you have to block. The first thing in the Ansem fight you have to do is block the lasers while Ansem is in the distance. Also the last part of Yozora's dm is similar to Ansem's "SHADOWWWWW" attack where if you get sucked in the bubble you either die or are at least one hit.

Xemnas: The unblockable blue lasers from his dm and his movement when he attacks. In the Yozora fight the blue unblockables are now part of his normal arsenal. Also there's an attack where he swings his sword at you in a similar motion to how Xemnas uses his kick attacks and the movement and blocking of them has the same awkwardness, but this part might be a reach.

Vanitas: After Yozora's 3 prism attacks, after the third one, Yozora will move in a similar fashion teleporting like Vanitas when he's throwing fireballs and says "Too Slow" before attacking with his sword. Also when he is charging up his sword and you attack him, after he retaliates he moves back in a similar reaction just like Vanitas does.

Young Xehanort: The constant clones that fake you out as if about to swing before the real one attacks you. Yozora does the same thing frequently in the second phase of the fight. Also just like Young Xehanort, Yozora can drain your health.

Terranort: When Yozora brings out the sphere and changes the field into a planetarium, the floor has the same effect as Terranort's "DARK TIMES AHEAD" attack

Xion: I know she isn't really related to Xehanort in any meaningful way but he does share attacks with her where if any of the pillars touched you, your health would be cut. Instead of blue pillars cutting your health down he charges up his weapon and will make slices that cut your health.

Master Xehanort: The second part of the DM the field turns white and clones attack you just like how Master Xehanort's field turns gray and shadow clones attack you from all over and it is almost exactly like Xehanort's shadow clones. Also there's a mixture of his and Xemnas attacks in the dm. Instead of Ultima Cannons shooting at you out of reach they are replaced by one red laser then 2 blue lasers in the exact same way the Ultima cannons are shot in Xehanort's fight and you either have to dodge forward or to the side.

Now like I said, this could all be a coincidence or just the game putting everything you've learned so far into one fight. But at the same time he has attacks from the Xehanort clones (and Xion) and no other data fight that I've noticed. Unknown has a snippet of Forze Del Male in his song to signify that he may be related to Ansem. Lingering Will had a keyblade, a move similar to Ars Arcanum, and locked you out of commands just like Unknown did in Kh1 to signify that he was related in some way. Mysterious figure had ethereal blades just like Unknown, instead of locking you out of commands, he scatters them, uses Doom like Marluxia and uses Raging Storm like a keyblade wielder to hint that he may be related to some characters we knew, so it isn't out of the possibility that Yozora's moveset isn't just a test for the player. Especially when he can take Sora's keyblade and uses it in his own style.

I don't really have any theories on who he could be or why he has these moves but I just wanted to throw it out there that even though it could be a coincidence for the player to use all past knowledge up until Yozora, I think there's something more to it and him being able to take Sora's power may be a start, hence the "Your power is mine" quote. Maybe the trials he went through were his own versions of data battles and that's how he's able to use moves like that? Maybe after every fight he acquires something new to use? I don't think he is a Xehanort or related to him, at least not yet but it's interesting that he uses similar moves from the Xehanort clones in his own fashion.

I have a very similar theory actually. I didn't link the move set to this though just a strong feeling. I believe Yozora is Young Xehanort. Or at least Young Xehanort is using Yozoras body as a temporary vessel. Yozora said he accidentally stumbled across this place, that he was told to go through some trials, perhaps it was all part of his Mark of Mastery Exam. Sora and Riku were sent back in time to take their Mark of Mastery Exam but being that Young Xehanort had experience already traveling to the future perhaps it wasn't intended for him to go to the future. Master Xehanort is gone at this point so young Xehanort can no longer travel to the future looking like himself unless he has another body to inhabit. I know Master Xehanort is gone but I feel Young Xehanort has a longer lasting role in the KH franchise.

Back