• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

YouTube Redesign

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oberon

I think I will. I just can't believe someone would approve a layout decision like that. "Hey, guys, what if we put a distracting ad RIGHT IN THE VIDEO DISPLAY BOX!!" "That's the best idea ever, Jim! You get a raise!" I want to punch Jim.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
adblock, besides that one where you can type in memes and see their pictures, is the greatest app for all times.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
lol i agree with Oberon. and i think i'll that use adblock thing too. those ads are just completely annoying.

i like the avatar feature too. that's new right?

metrifyx

i like the avatar feature too. that's new right?

Sort of! They've always been on channels (and I think they used to be in the description boxes) but this is the first time they've been next to comments.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really like this redesign. Look like they are setting it up to match the look of Google+. Now they just need to connect YT to Google+ and I'll be happy.

It needs a bit more work: the suggested videos, the autoplay when you just want to play one person's video on their page, the channel customization, and I can't find my friends anymore...at least I haven't looked hard enough yet.

State

Awards
I've watched more than twenty videos (straight) and have yet to experience the ads next to the videos (and I have no ad blocking addons installed).

metrifyx

I've watched more than twenty videos (straight) and have yet to experience the ads next to the videos (and I have no ad blocking addons installed).

Well, are they partnered videos? Unless the channel partners with YouTube there won't be any ads.

edit: wait nevermind that makes no sense ;____;

Last edited:

State

Awards
Huh? I thought YouTube was Google's from the beginning. :|

blueheart

Bronze Member
I'm liking this format. It looks more lively.

Just put an ad blocker if you're having trouble with it. It can't get simpler than that. -_-

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Huh? I thought YouTube was Google's from the beginning. :|
You missed out on the news a few years ago that YouTube got bought by Google for like a billion dollars or something?

WaveK89

I've gotten used to the design so far, and I like it.

I miss the list of videos by the user which was above the video playing. I also preferred everything one page for the channels compared the new channel design.

I like the background of the video is grey which is less white to see and focuses on the video better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back