• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

You're playing the game wrong.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
True. However, the fact that this game can be beaten by just doing that is what annoys most KH fans. Mashing isn't so easy in KH1, unless you're higher leveled (60+) and the same could be said about CoM (in a way), since you have to think about what cards you use at times, along the sleights. BBS appears to be fairly similar to those two, if not closer to perfect. On top of that, RCs are sort of back in BBS, but they're much better than KH2's triangle-only ones. (square, circle, and x are also used)

even the joystick appears to be used in at least one battle[spoilers]Ven's final boss fight[/spoilers]

ZackFair

I can button mash ALLL i want and there aint nutin you can do about it. LOL. Hopefully BBS is more in dept and less mashing though. I would enjoy that.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
I don't mash.. I don't know all my abilities either, but i know in KH2 there are a lotta stuff assoicated with the "squarE" so i press square... ALOT. espcially when i'm in valor form.

and in CoM i have two very intresting decks that involve slieghts and an enemy card.

I put a powerwild into both of my decks, which reverses the valure of ALL of my cards. So i put a bunch of ones in one desk, hehe, and then for the second one:

Cloud, 1,1
Clould,1,1
Cloud,1,1

goes on... that's my stragety for beating enemies for leveing up.:DD

ReverseUnversed

Yep. Most guys out there don't know what [_] (Guard, Dodge Roll - KH2FM, Quick Run) and Triangle (Reactions) are.

LOL. Seriously, [_] could be essential to the Xemnas and Axel data fights.

Soxas

i get annoyed when i hear people say that because some people dont even equip every ability they give you.if you did you would be pressing every single button even the triangle.and not only do u press more buttons it actually gets fun when you hit a heartless in the air and continuously hit the damn thing for a straight hour without stopping or fallling off the ground.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Okay, a lot of you say all you do in KH2 is mash X. You are playing the game wrong. By the time the game gets a little more depth, you should have enough [_] actions to make a more interesting combo.
*grumbles on then jumps off soapbox*

Using Square? Im sorry but that makes KHII even easier. Using it on the ground just combos into more mashing square buttons. I know how overpowered they are too, they were a necessity on my level 1 run.

I do agree that saying it is too easy means they are playing the game wrong. If you want to make it hard, do a low level run or a no ability run (And yes you can do this without FM+). Beating Sephiroth with no abilities was a great day back before I had KHIIFM and beat him at level 1. I plan on doing both together eventually but I havent really wanted to play in the last week or so.

Last edited:

Jakek9

eh, mashing is sorta fun.

Though, I use a variety of magic.

Truthfully, I am a strategic masher. and I love these games for having just that, using magic is also quite fun though. Idk, its not playing the game wrong.

Though I wouldn't mind using a system like BBS' a lil more.

It's really an opinion sorta thing.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Okay, a lot of you say all you do in KH2 is mash X. You are playing the game wrong. By the time the game gets a little more depth, you should have enough [_] actions to make a more interesting combo.
*grumbles on then jumps off soapbox*

Oh of course, the ever interesting Square X Square combo. That is difficult to remember. And the dreaded X X Triangle! I could never memorize such complicated inputs.

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards
All KH2 is, is button mashing really. That's how it was made, and that's how it's meant to be. (BUT THERES MAGIC ABILITIES TOO) yes, but really none of those magic abilities are really helpful unless your driving. And when you're using wisdom, master or FInal form's magic guess what. You have to hit that same button over and over again to get it done right.

None of the enemies really need any skill to give a beat-down. If they flinch when you hit them, and don't have counters. (Which alot of them DONT) you can hit them as much as you want to, so you just mash X and you're set you win.

There's really no real skill needed for KH2 besides maybe Sephiroth and the FM+ bosses, but guess what we only have the normal bosses so KH2 really is just a game of button mashing. The game leaves itself too easy to be anything but button mashing. You know if you could have more combos in the game. (Such as adventure esque games like Devil May Cry, which uses only one button but you can string together different combos depending on the timing, or the directional button wen that button is pressed) then I'd say is not buton mashing.

NumberVIII

I mash. I admit it. >>;

I mash strategically though.

But yeah, we're all guilty of it sometimes. No need to complain to us that we're wrong. Sometimes, you just gotta mash, man.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
People know that there are other options besides pressing 'X'. It's the fact that those options are completely unnecessary that ticks them off.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Does it really matter? Pressing X can get you some pretty cool finishers and things like that. Besides a few optional aerial attacks and ground finishers, X has the coolest and most effective combos.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
My maximum ground combo: X times 4 (Guard break+ Explosion)
My maximum midair combo: Square times 4 (Retaliating slash+ 3 Horazontal slash), X times 4
My maximum combination: X times 3+Square once (Guard break + finishing leap), X twice (Aerial spiral), Square times 3, (Horazontal slash) Then Aerial finish (X times 4)
not exactly a button mashing of just X it's also square as well

Z

Zulkir

You know, final fantasy is mashing X and using the directional buttons too, you just press X a lot less and the directional buttons more.

On some occasion you might have to press triangle to open the menu, and circle to cancel an action.

αsiя

space coke
cmon only my x button worked on my controller and i still got 100% on KH2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back