• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Your Top 10 Anime?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I just thought it would be interesting to hear what people's favorite anime are. It doesn't have to be 10 if you don't want, or it could be more than that, whatever.

I'll make my own post later (if this thread doesn't immediately die, lol).

sadorange

Awards
Here is mine))
One Piece

Soul Eater

Fate/Zero

Fullmetal Alchemist

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure

Hunter x Hunter

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Berserk

Vinland Saga

Mob Psycho 100

Seasaltrio

Awards
1 My Hero Academia

2 Robotics;Notes (so underrated)

3 Hunter x Hunter

4 Handa-kun

5 Ascendance of a Bookworm

6 Silver Spoon

7 Last Exile - Fam, the Silver Wing

8 Barakamon

9 Pokémon (for nostalgia purposes)

10 Yu-Gi-Oh (beautifully cringy [like when his grandpa is rolled to the freaking hospital on a stretcher with a respirator because he lost a card game])

So...that's mine.

Elysium

Awards
1. Sailor Moon ~ I suppose the fairy tale aspect of the show has a lot to do with it. It was the first anime I'd seen, so it has that in its favor, too.
2. YuYu Hakusho
3. My Hero Academia ~ My energy about the show has diminished a little, probably from waiting so long for the story to progress, but I still like it (and I still love the first two seasons in particular). Admittedly, Bakugou is my favorite thing about the show, there's a lot of nuance there and I love the character's design / the voice acting. I enjoy the show most when it accentuates the whole of class 1A.
4. Fairy Tail ~ The show is admittedly very fanservice-heavy and sort of cookie cutter anime in some ways, but, I don't know, I like almost the full cast of characters. Natsu, Usagi, Yusuke, and Tanjiro are probably my favorite anime protagonists. I feel like this show centers around friendship similar to the way Kingdom Hearts does--but it does it much better than KH has managed, imo.
5. Soul Eater ~ I love this, partly because you so rarely see great female chessmaster-type villains like Medusa in anime (or good female protagonists like Maka either for that matter). Crona is adorable and Soul / Maka are a great central relationship on top of it all. I do find Black*Star annoying, but he doesn't ruin it or anything. I hope they one day make another anime with the complete story.
6. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba ~ The series has *gorgeous* animation... And Tanjiro is a great protagonist. I've loved the voice acting for the main three male characters.
7. Tenchi Universe / Muyo ~ Pretty much the ones where Ryoko is the endgame. (I hate Ayeka.) Muyo has the best animation, but I'm generally more attached to Universe. The ending with "Dimension of Love" in particular gives me nostalgia.
8. Bleach ~ I haven't seen all of this one--I have seen around 70% of it though. I guess I would've made more of an effort to finish the rest of it if the full manga had been adapted, but knowing it doesn't end in full sort of killed my buzz. I really enjoy it though.
9. Digimon Adventure / tri. / Kizuna ~ I don't really have any use for the other seasons / spinoffs besides those original characters.
10. Inuyasha ~ This show is very repetitive thanks to so much filler, which is why I almost put Outlaw Star here instead, but I do enjoy the characters a great deal in the story-centric episodes. I always hated revived!Kikyo and Miroku though.

I've recently been trying to watch some of One Piece. There are just so many episodes..... When I first started Fairy Tail a couple of years back, I though it would take me forever to see it all, but One Piece is like 5X longer.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Dunno if this is bumping, but I'll give my list. I'm bad at ranking though so it'll be in no particular order.

Hunter x Hunter - Amazing characters, writing, and emotional impact. Kurapika has one of my favorite character arcs in all of media. The Chimera Ant arc is occasionally criticized for being too long, but personally the length is what made the pay off worth it. Animation holds up to this day.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - This anime has helped me during a dark place. Even though many of the scenes are philosophies are incredibly fucked up, it gave me comfort knowing that you're not alone in your dark, messed up thoughts. The art style is beautiful and the characters are relatable in their own way.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - This anime feels complete. It has a complete story and complete character arcs, and that's surprisingly unique for an anime. It ties up loose ends perfectly. I also love the progression of time in this show. You can see the characters age as it progresses.

Gurren Lagann - This show has a beautiful message. It has helped me find a bit of self-esteem within myself because it makes you believe that you can do anything. It is absolutely impressive how they made such a convincing story in only 26 episodes (not counting the recap, obviously). And who doesn't cry at that ending?

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - This anime was ahead of its time. It paved the way of dark magical girl anime. It has a compelling storyline and Homura is one of the most complex characters I've seen. I love the story structure and especially how it ends.

Code Geass - This anime has a lot of faults, but I was a massive sucker for its plot twists and shock value. It has a very melodramatic style that seems reminiscent of older 90s/80s fantasy drama anime back then. The intellectual battles, as well as the real ones, were very engaging to watch. Also loved that ending.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - This franchise was my shit back during 2019-2020. I read the entire manga series up to Steel Ball Run and I'm enjoying Part 6 now especially. This show is always fun to watch and the battles are engaging!

Toradora - This is my favorite love story in all anime. It was super cute to watch and the comedy/drama is perfectly balanced out. The characters have their own individual arcs that separates them from other anime tropes, the main two especially.

Samurai Champloo - Everybody loves Cowboy Bebop, but Samurai Champloo was more of my style. The hip-hop/samurai combo was a delight to watch aesthetically. I also love the main three. They are hilarious characters with their own special episodes that make me root for them. The ending has also made me satisfied. This was a fun "journey, not destination" story.

Attack on Titan - I have not seen the recent season yet, but Attack on Titan just has so much of my respect. It knows how to keep watchers engaged because the story always has something new to offer. Anytime a secret is revealed, its followed by more secrets and mysteries to discover. I was definitely on the edge of my seat watching this show.

Awards
My list will also be in no particular order.

Death Note

Steins;Gate

Future Diary

Tokyo Ghoul

Fullmetal Alchemist

Attack on Titan

Cowboy Bebop

Ghost in the Shell

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Trigun

lizayong

Awards
Death Note (Favorite but not best, regardless of some bad second half choices) FMAB (Best but only close to favorite) Steins Gate (My heart is in this one) Haikyuu (Motivation and Hype).

Last edited:

Elysium

Awards
I've recently been trying to watch some of One Piece. There are just so many episodes..... When I first started Fairy Tail a couple of years back, I though it would take me forever to see it all, but One Piece is like 5X longer.
Well, I've finally finished one whole arc anyway, lol. The Fishman Island stuff that recently aired on Toonami. I think it's safe to say this'll overtake Inuyasha to be part of my top 10 eventually. The look of the show is what used to put me off in the past, but I think it's sort of cute as time goes by. And it's pretty funny most of the time--"Alpacacino" is the most recent thing that did me in.

Back