• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your Reaction To KH3 Ending?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I know a lot of people on here hated KH3, so I was wondering what was your reaction to the end video? The endings from KH1-3 have all made me tear up, but KH3's own especially did that, so I was wondering if anyone on here even felt that way or did you guys just skip scene, then return KH3 to the store/throw it in the bin?

WhinyAcademic

Awards
It was nice to see everyone get their happy ending, and to be honest Isa’s return completely blindsided me and remains the biggest shock of the ending for me besides Sora getting Snapped, since I hadn’t read the Secret Reports. Using the original orchestral Hikari was great too.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Surprised. I kind of assumed one of the heroes would get screwed out of a happy ending(Terra was my best guess) but I would have never guessed it would be the main character. What's funny is it was spoiled to me that something bad happened to Kairi and for a few days I thought she had died for good, lol

I was also shocked that Isa survived? I thought he would make a sort of redemptive sacrifice

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nothing in KH3’s ending was shocking looking back.

I figured Isa would be redeemed, I just didn’t know it would be a sacrificial one or a second chance kind of end. I figured everybody would reunite. We all expressed hopes for a beach party.

Sora getting snapped might be the only thing that was “shocking”.

Did I like it? I guess? It’s been four months and I still have no honest opinion over the ending. I got spoiled so I was mostly angry so I can’t say I got to react to the ending in an organic manner.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Empty. Not a lot of strong emotions toward it, negative or positive. Really, the ending just felt hollow and rushed to me when I first saw it, and still does today if I ever feel bored enough to watch it again.

Not much of a resolution I guess? It left me with numerous questions regarding the cast and how they delt with certain issues, and the interactions themselves felt incredibly stiff and unearned (especially for characters like Riku and Roxas, who have nothing but bad history with eachother, and zero reasons for hanging out to speak of). Like, many of the groups mix and intertwine in the ending, which is nice, but it would've had more impact, meaning, and weight if we as the players actually got to SEE these characters establish these new connections and relationships rather than imagine how things went off screen (which was one of the primary reasons many fans, myself included, were excited for this title to begin with). This extends to situations like Isa properly apologizing to Roxas and Xion, and Riku making amends with Roxas. It's also a bummer Kairi didn't get to interact with Namine after some of the only good diologue she had in the game was directly pertaining to her. Other than that, whether or not Aqua's Keyblade and armor was retrieved is never once touched on despite it being a very important factor for the character's future (as well as a defining thing from the character's past) and necessary to give her satisfying closure imo. I never really liked the whole ambiguous shot of Sora and Kairi on the tree since that was just a head scratcher and not really a strong way to tie a scene of "conclusions" together.

Sooo yeah, lotta problems.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Nothing but interstitial rage within me. The whole time i'm watching the credits I'm saying things like "what the **** happened to Demyx?!?" and getting frustrated at the fact that they HAD to end off on a cliffhanger. KH 2 still has a more satisfying ending, everyone's home, and all you need to send em back out is a letter from the king, that's how the first 2 games ended, but not this one. On a slightly related note, I hated how every disney world, in terms of the plot "power of waking" was pointless, the end of each one gave a bit of the overarching plot but nothing more.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Meh. I was spoiled the ending so seeing it how it happened made no difference.

I only got emotional when I saw RAX and friends sharing sea salt ice cream, after that it was all downhill.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The only thing that confused me about the ending was if Sora returned with Kairi before or during the celebration party. Felt a bit ambiguous

Awards
I felt a mixture of hope and sadness at first. I thought KH3’s ending was absolutely beautiful. Even the sad part was beautiful, and was very reminiscent of how Kingdom Hearts as a series is. The war against Xehanort was not without its sacrifices, and I think that is just so beautiful, even if it is sad. I will admit that I felt my heart sink a bit when I realized what happened to
Spoiler Spoiler Show
However, I do feel that with any war, there are events that drive people to do unexpected things. In that character’s case, it was his way of coping with what happened. Even if there was no chance he would succeed in finding
Spoiler Spoiler Show
, I think it was something he felt he needed to do anyways. If I had lost something or someone that important to me, I know I would probably do something unexpected too. I was very satisfied with everyone else’s endings too, as most of them were very
Spoiler Spoiler Show
So, overall, I’m just fine with the ending of KH3. After all, Kingdom Hearts III isn’t a conclusion to Kingdom Hearts. It’s just a conclusion to the Dark Seeker saga. I’m personally very excited that there’s more to come.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Wow. I didn't realize there was actually so much hate towards it. I was kind of joking in my first post.

I was spoiler free mostly and only knew what was in the trailers (up to the 100 Acre Wood trailer). When I saw Kairi die, I didn't actually think she was dead and only at the end when Sora was like he needs to save her did it really hit me, so I was hopeful that maybe the giant monster battle (customary in KH final bosses) was going to happen (in Kingdom Hearts maybe) and we would save Kairi. When Hikari (Orchestra Version) started to play, I teared up 1) nostalgia and 2) I realized it was the end of the game. The whole sequence made me feel so happy (especially seeing Roxas and Xion having ice cream again), and then Don't Think Twice started (was kind of hoping for a Passion orchestra version section) and I broke down in tears of joy. I didn't hear the full version of Don't Think Twice, I was waiting for the ending to be my first time hearing it. Seeing everyone happy on the beach, I didn't expect that AT ALL. I loved that scene so much and then I was over joyed to see Sora and Kairi HOLDING HANDS on the tree and then... Sora vanished, and my heart was crushed. So I really loved the ending and it made me so hyped to see the secret video (or whatever would be after the credits). And of course that had me surprised.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The only thing that confused me about the ending was if Sora returned with Kairi before or during the celebration party. Felt a bit ambiguous

It was intentionally vague. We aren’t supposed to be certain of anything in that last moment besides the fact that Sora is gone.

Wow. I didn't realize there was actually so much hate towards it. I was kind of joking in my first post.

I was spoiler free mostly and only knew what was in the trailers (up to the 100 Acre Wood trailer). When I saw Kairi die, I didn't actually think she was dead and only at the end when Sora was like he needs to save her did it really hit me, so I was hopeful that maybe the giant monster battle (customary in KH final bosses) was going to happen (in Kingdom Hearts maybe) and we would save Kairi. When Hikari (Orchestra Version) started to play, I teared up 1) nostalgia and 2) I realized it was the end of the game. The whole sequence made me feel so happy (especially seeing Roxas and Xion having ice cream again), and then Don't Think Twice started (was kind of hoping for a Passion orchestra version section) and I broke down in tears of joy. I didn't hear the full version of Don't Think Twice, I was waiting for the ending to be my first time hearing it. Seeing everyone happy on the beach, I didn't expect that AT ALL. I loved that scene so much and then I was over joyed to see Sora and Kairi HOLDING HANDS on the tree and then... Sora vanished, and my heart was crushed. So I really loved the ending and it made me so hyped to see the secret video (or whatever would be after the credits). And of course that had me surprised.

Wow, I wish I could have felt that level of emotion. It really sounds wonderful.

The ending just didn’t resonate with me at all, even the stuff I wanted to happen or expected to happen didn’t really trigger any strong emotions in me. Least of all the Sora and Kairi moments, for a number of reasons that have been made clear before (wasn’t earned, etc etc) It’s crazy because every KH game has made me feel something strongly, especially the more recent ones had me in a content state of satisfaction. KH3 just didn’t do that for me.

I think people who had these viscerally strong emotions at the end are lucky because something about the story resonated with them and that’s really wonderful. For a lot of us...it just wasn’t there.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Dickheads on this forum spoiled it for me so my impression was based on quick reaction rather than the story as a whole and how the story leads towards that conclusion.

In the end, and this is something I have made clear many times, I was let down by how the ending wasn’t a conclusion at all. There were many character threads left dangling, and moments that should have been explored weren’t (such as Namine waking up in a room surrounded by three of her abusers) and I hated that the ending jumped actual story to deliver a stupid twist (ignoring how Sora traversed worlds to find Kairi’s heart, how long Sora had in the worlds or if he even had time left to spend because it was frustratingly vague and time jumped).

I also hated how future focused the end of the game was. Stupid Union X bullshit.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It was intentionally vague. We aren’t supposed to be certain of anything in that last moment besides the fact that Sora is gone.

Wow, I wish I could have felt that level of emotion. It really sounds wonderful.

The ending just didn’t resonate with me at all, even the stuff I wanted to happen or expected to happen didn’t really trigger any strong emotions in me. Least of all the Sora and Kairi moments, for a number of reasons that have been made clear before (wasn’t earned, etc etc) It’s crazy because every KH game has made me feel something strongly, especially the more recent ones had me in a content state of satisfaction. KH3 just didn’t do that for me.

I think people who had these viscerally strong emotions at the end are lucky because something about the story resonated with them and that’s really wonderful. For a lot of us...it just wasn’t there.
That's what makes me sad. I wish the community could have enjoyed the ending or been that emotional (in a good way) about the ending. I never heard of negative feedback to an end video in a KH game until now which saddens me.

2 quid is good

Awards
I wasn't spoiled in the slightest for the end of the game, but when the cgi started I was just very neutral on it, confused mostly. If I look back on it now I probably won't be angry, just still quite puzzled on why they included so many scenes which just serve as fanservice and have no build up to it at all. Like Isa being all chummy with Roxas and Xion. I will find it incredibly awkward if we get an interaction with them in KH4 that shows them being best buds. It's just very meh.

Phantom

Mostly indifferent, but also somewhat disappointed by Sora's fate in the end. Since this was the end of the Dark Seeker saga, I was hoping they would have more "conclusive" ending without any cliffhangers.

allenleonardo

Awards
Well I spoiled myself (willingly) about Soras death thus it might have hit a bit less but I still teared up. The whole last part of the game was a rollercoaster of emotions (not necessarily negative ones) and then seeing the endings of all these characters got me again.

I was a bit surprised on why they are doing a party with Sora not there until I saw him and Kairi on the tree (and then I hoped that this was not a shipping moment) and after he disappeared I teared up even more but also questioned why he did not at least get to be with everyone by his side and why nobody was in panic.

Thankfully the other endings kept me happy because I could at least see that he was alright, otherwise I would have been wondering if he truly was death (seeing how Nomura did have less connection with him)

My only change (if he even was there at the island) would be, to see him with all friends, ending it with him going to Kairi and then vanishing.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don't think it was intended to be vague, but Sora and Kairi landing being skipped in favor of better timing with the song.

Everyone does look like they're watching Sora and Kairi returning, and I can't see how Donald acts as anything else but spotting, wanting to run up and welcome them back, only to be stopped by Goofy and Mickey so the two can have some alone time.

Back