• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your Opinion on the (U)X-story?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
So, I've come to realize that a lot of people don't actually like the story - so I just wanted to create a thread to see some opinions on that!

Personally, I absolutely love the X-lore and story. At first I couldn't stand it, but thanks to having rewatched and replayed many quests yesterday, I just began to love it. I like the newly introduced characters, like Ephemer or Skuld. I love this sense of mystery. Heck, I love how much character development Player has! And even Chirithy, who's, in the grand scheme of things, just a side character!

There's a lot of foreshadowing and when you actually play all the story-relevant missions one after another, you just… it just clicks. It really does, and that's when the plot progression is absolutely amazing.

I could do without billions of filler quests, but hey, nothing is perfect. :) I'm super glad we got introduced to KH(U)X.

What's your opinion?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I like the general lore of it all. I've always wanted to know what happened during the keyblade war and we got it but... I hate how the story is distributed. For whatever reason I was fine with/predicted that Ventus is from the past, but these "hints" and "clues" that the [Chi] story is deeply tied to current events make me uncomfortable. I just wanted it to be a contained story separate from what's going on in the present day.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
i like khx, unchained and back cover.

love the characters, the more understated/subtle form of storytelling, the sort of modern fairy tale feel to a lot of it.

mom is amazing character and personality wise (tho not a fan of how he basically undermines all of ava's agency as it was set up in khx >.> ) and a welcome addition to the series (finally a villain with like, actual personality!)

the khx ending is like legit strong and emotional and i love it.

have not liked pretty much anything from union cross yet, really, tho.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
I like the story well enough as it is, and I definitely agree on the sense of mystery--I'd stay up each maintenance hoping for word of a story update back in the Browser X days, haha. Watching the Player break their (mostly) silent protagonist status to give that spiel before the second Foreteller fight for the first time in Browser X was pretty amazing, too, though I'm still waiting on some more character development for Ephemer and his squad. I still cried a bit when the KHx ending hit though
As much as I have problems with the way Nomura handles some things, I gotta hand it to him for keeping the X/UX story interesting enough.

That said, I sometimes do wish that it could've been kept a self-contained story. It could've been interesting to play a campaign through the war as Xehanort describes in one of his reports in BBS:
Xehanort Report IV said:
A whole spectrum of thought was swept into the conflict, and the worlds that did not go to war found the war brought to them.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I think the story elements are alright ,the characters are interesting enough and the game has some interesting lore but things seem to be a bit too based on shock value and I'm worried how much the X-saga's story is gonna play into KH3. With the amount of lore X has established, it seems to be drowning out a lot of stuff from the previous games. Not to mention that a mobile game shouldn't have this amount of story relevance.

It's almost as if KH3 will be dealing with 80% X lore and 20% other games. The true crime is that it was mentioned that it was stated that the HD remixes were the key to understanding KH3's story. Nope.

On the plus side, the X-saga has given us some of Nomura's best artwork.

Hirokey123

Awards
I like a lot of its ideas but I hate the overall thing and let me get into why.

On the surface Chi is a great idea. A fantastical fairytale retelling of the ancient war we've known about since the first game. A story that manages to not ruin the mystery of the past by using familiar figures and places to sub in for the actual ones. The idea that places like Agrabah and people like Alice weren't really there, they were just being used to represent things that were. That's what was billed to us and when it was just that it was great, it was simple, and we didn't really need anything more than that. We had a group of mysterious figures in animal masks revealed to be the ones who organized the armies that fought the keyblade war and we just needed to steadily move towards the war. Ultimately we could have had a nice self contained story that would have brought new light to a much wondered about period in the series's history, but Nomura is never happy with just leaving things.

Instead of having a natural conflict of people loving the light then eventually fighting over it to the point their greed escalated to a world destroying force, we have this weird and largely unnecessary future element brought in. Now instead of a regular human conflict we have this weird concern with the fact they know the world will be destroyed hundreds of years into the future. Like I mean that's what makes this the most bizarre is their worry first and foremost is about stopping the second keyblade war. The first war that is written in the book doesn't even seem to be on their mind until near the very end. I mean if this was maybe 20-30 years in the future or at least at a point in time where it was going to affect them soon that be fine, but no this is so far removed it's like how we are told the heat death of the universe is inevitable and instead of just accepting that one day everything has to end we start spending our lives fretting away our days trying to stop something so far beyond our control, something that won't affect anyone alive at the time for hundreds of years. It's just such a weird thing to have them focus on and make the upcoming much more immediate war that will only "nearly" destroy the entire world and will kill them basically an afterthought. Which all ties into the bigger problem of how because they go to great lengths to justify how everything even the disney worlds are literal the past no longer has any real identity of its own, that's lame. Just like how it's lame that the keyblade graveyard apparently was ALWAYS a barren war torn wasteland.

From this everything spirals and gets worse. Apparently they were collecting lux in order to save the future but how was this going to save the future? It's never explained and while we later learn lux can summon Kingdom Hearts it turns out that was forbidden and thus not the goal any of them were knowingly working for most of this. Was there even a plan or were they just doing what the MoM told them to do? And oh man the MoM that is just where things go from bad to worse with the foretellers. None of the Foretellers show any sense of will or logic of their own. They know their master can see the future ergo he already knows who the traitor is, he knows Ira is going to fail, he knows everything is going to become a hot mess...and yet not one of them questions it. Ira doesn't question being putting into a position of leadership that he is destined to fail in or the Master's complete indifference to the upcoming destruction, Invi doesn't question the ominous remarks the master says about being left behind and how things have to change, Gula doesn't question why the MoM didn't just write down the traitor's identity nor does he question the Master's plan of "take out the one who doesn't follow their role" when we later learn at least a handful or roles were kept secret, Aced doesn't question why he is literally given a task that literally is betray Ira if he doesn't think he's doing a good job, and Ava doesn't question why everything about the dandelions have to be hush hush. She at the very least questions what the point of keeping the unions is but the MoM dodges it and again she doesn't question it. Like what it boils down to is none of the foretellers had any agency of their own they were just really cool dressed robots. It makes Backcover ultimately a rather unenjoyable watch because you keep expecting maybe a little humanity, maybe even a glimpse that there is substance to these people, but instead they just blindly listen their Master's every word and react in base and predictable manners. Also don't get me started on Nomura's blatant lie "I decided to leave it clear who the traitor is in Backcover" no at best he made the MoM the most likely suspect but he did a horrible job telling us who the traitor is.

It just doesn't stop there though because we have increasingly more weird things. The nightmare chirithy subplot that goes nowhere, Chirithy being a dream eater not having lead to any sort of meaningful reveals, and on the subject of Chirithy that's just one more thing the foretellers don't question. The master can see the future, he should already know that creating the chirithy leads to the nightmare chirithy, and thus no one stops to question if that is worth the risk of the cute little creature existing as their helpers. Compound this with just how badly written the whole bangle thing was. Alright a bangle that is billed as capturing darkness and converting it to light is not a bad idea, the idea that they get spread around and were actually a trap to make union wielders use darkness so nightmare chirithy are born and wielders start to descend into darkness is also not bad. But what is bad is how they write the foretellers in response where apparently they knew about the bangles and even though they knew it was the same as using the power of darkness they allowed it and deemed it okay...because why? Why is that a good idea especially when NONE of you know where those bangles came from how on earth could you possibly screw up THAT bad just a few weeks after your master vanishes? A more competent way to write them would have been for them to worry about the bangles, say it's not okay for the union wielders to use them, but then go on to say it's already too late. The bangles are out there all over the place so it's too hard to bring them back now, a nightmare chirithy already exists, and the last thing they want to do is stir unrest in the unions by announcing the truth of the bangles. But no they just allowed something completely counterproductive to their cause with no clear origin scott free and then start panicking like chickens with their heads cut off.

The stuff with Ephemer, Skuld, Chirithy, and the player are all interesting and well written. But how I wish when the past is struggling with holding onto a little bit of its own identity they would stop slapping characters from present day into the age of fairytales. Like I wanted answers about Ventus and Marluxia's past but what I didn't want is to get those answers in a slow burning phone game that is going to have now come up with SOME kind of complicated excuse as why these characters are alive in modern times if they were from the fairytale times. It's doubly insulting when they introduced an interesting new female character, gave her a week's worth or so to exist in our hearts, and then replace her with a character who again really shouldn't be here. Also as said by many in other topics even if she does come back it doesn't change that killing off one of our few KH female characters for shock value was really cheap and totally unnecessary.

There is also other minor grips I have where this story seems to be retconning a lot of stuff. The keyblade war was fought over the X-blade and Kingdom hearts...except both of those elements are completely absent during the actual war. The keyblade was a tool created for conquering the light and using it to defend the light came later is completely contradicted by the fact all the keybladers at the start were using the blade to defend the light and conquering it came later. There is also an absence of any regular people in the past...like part of what made the keyblade war story so good is that implication that after these super powered wielders went and ruined things killing themselves in the process it was up to regular children and the few remaining wielders to rebuild the world. But we don't see a single real regular person in Chi, they can't all have been wielders so is it so hard to at least get a few regular people so the world feels a bit less...small?

If we could just do away with the prophecy nonsense, the tome of prophecies, the MoM being behind all the foreteller's actions, the past allowed to have its own identity, for things to line up with what little we knew about the war, and some proper explanation for things instead of everyone being a walking frustrating question mark then I'd like Chi a lot more. Alternatively one of my best friends made a Backcover abridged that pretty much covers exactly why I don't like Chi's plot.

https://youtu.be/JvZGXpIJnBE

But that's just my feelings on the matter I don't mean for anyone who likes the story to take that as an attack.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In a general sense I've mostly to agree with The Dark Mamba and Hirokey.

On its own, Chi's story and characters are interesting and endearing, but what does water it down and needlessly complicates it is all that prophecy bullshit and shoehorning in modern characters into something that should be only the stuff of legends.

Like Hirokey said, of course it should be a good thing to get backstory and ideally more characterisation for characters like Ventus and Marluxia, but why has it to be done in such a roundabout and needlessly overbloated manner?
Dear Chirithy, one doesn't need to stick a character literally into a totally different era in order to make them interesting or give them a compelling backstory.

If we speak about solely the Union Cross story though I will reserve my judgement for later as all we got so far from this "season 2" is two or three story updates where the potentially interesting characters are just chilling on the Keyblade Graveyard and another one is unceremoniously stuffed into the fridge.
The rest is all boring and time-wasting filler material.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The general idea of the lore is alright, I guess. I like the fact that we're finally getting some original charactees without ties to anyone.
I'm just absolutely "meh" on the way the story is told, and I don't like Back Cover at all.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Piling mystery over mystery =/= good storytelling and compelling narrative. The reason why I kinda stopped discussing about KH III (who's the 7th guardian, who are the 13 Darknesses etc) is because everything is unclear, something Nomura seems to almost take pride on according to some interviews. There's no fun in my opinion in discussing over things when you obviously feel that you still don't have all the informations and things like time travel and how the world of dreams works are so unintuitive you can't discern what could happen and what could not. In the end almost every argument has to end with "well, I guess we can't rule this out, we'll need to wait and see".

X suffers from roughly the same problem: some things might be fun or interesting, but everything is still too unclear. I guess I like the story, not how the story is narrated, and I'm obviously not talking about the fact that you need to wait for the update everytime.
The stuff with Chirithy at the end of X (not sure how spoilery can we get here) was visually great, but I feel like it needed more context, either before or after the fight. As things stand now, it was just another boss I had to fight, albeit much cooler looking.
"But the possible implications!" is not a good substitute over knowing exactly what happened for me.
Same for... well, many things. X/Ux is basically a bunch of mysterious people doing mysterious things mysteriously.
In a mysterious place too, because the whole "this is a dream, this is an illusion, this is real life or it's just fantasy" shtick is also not user-friendly at all.

I think putting Ven in was a good idea-- the fandom was already theorizing about his origins, and I think it can be a good way to expand upon why was he able to forge a X-Blade-- Lauriam a little less.
Agreeing on the fact that X should've been its own story, like a some sort of Expanded Universe for KH, I would've liked it to focus more on the "daily life" of the players. Like, how do they live, more interaction between them (and that could've been great for the main story: imagine how much more impact seeing player from different factions fighting each other would've had if the game started with you interacting with everybody regardless of the Union).
I really like the feeling X gives, this whole journey through the Book while using arcane powers with characters from the other games and movies, a celebration of the franchise(s), and I wish it was more of that. Obviously this concerns the gameplay as well, so it's a complicated matter.

X/Ux is... something. A lot of good ideas, some of them not expanded upon as much as I would've liked, and it suffers from the same old issues late KH titles have in their narrative.
The moment I'll get more explanations on some of the big events I'll decide whether it is a solid experiment or a bit of a wasted chance a la Days.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
χ is my favorite story in the franchise.
It bums me out that it's delivered through such ephemeral means. I hope Nomura will find a way to preserve this story for the future.
Especially since it's increasingly obvious that this story will set the stage for the saga to follow KHIII​.

Placing it so far outside of the scope of the "main" series lets it breath as its own entity while also drawing ties to the future, so I can enjoy it as a story about Player, the Foretellers and the Union Leaders just as much as I can enjoy it as a story about the origins of KH.
In a lot of ways, it almost doesn't feel like a KH story. The lack of a strong hero or villain might be a big part of that; I love the shades of gray it draws as a prelude to war, where nobody's "right" or "wrong," just pushed through circumstance.

I love all of the characters. The Master of Masters easily became my #1 in the series after Back Cover. He's so interesting and fun to watch. More than any other "mysterious" character in the series, Nomura really outdid himself with clouding the Master's intentions from the audience.

So far I'm loving the Union χ[Cross] plot and I can't wait to see where it goes, but even without it, χ[chi] and BC are more than enough to solidify this story as a high point for Kingdom Hearts.

Caxinuld

Awards
I think KHUX is driving me away from KH in both gameplay and story. The idea of exploring the prelude to the apocalypse sparked my interest and when I started, I was expecting the plot to go like this: Union leaders let their egos get in the way and command their wielders to fight for them, the conflict escalates and due to the keyblade wielders fighting each other, the darkness is allowed to multiply and they all lose their hearts, with the few remaining wielders who weren't attacked forming the keyblade graveyard and following their own paths.

Instead, the book of prophecies served to be a reminder of the time travel concept which I did not like at all, Ventus's appearance felt like Nomura pandering to the fanboys without considering how the plot gets screwed up by his existence and despite Skuld and Strelitzia actively driving the plot, their personalities are non existent. We don't learn anything about them except they're keyblade wielders. I think the event that made me drop KHUX was Strelitzia dying just so Nomura could add some shock value and cater to the Marluxia fanboys.

Combined with how frustrating KHUX's gameplay has become, I think I've decided to stop playing KHUX for now. Maybe I'll return to it someday.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm in love with this story. Granted, the Smartphone application format of its distribution has garnered mixed reception for justified reasons, but eliminating the presentation and application, you have an engaging story. These Union leaders are being pulled like puppets by their Master, their Master is a wacko in the most lovable and comedic way and the Dandelion Union leaders are my favourite group to date. They're more interesting than Organization XIII ever were.

Ventus's appearance felt like Nomura pandering to the fanboys without considering how the plot gets screwed up by his existence and despite Skuld and Strelitzia actively driving the plot, their personalities are non existent. We don't learn anything about them except they're keyblade wielders. I think the event that made me drop KHUX was Strelitzia dying just so Nomura could add some shock value and cater to the Marluxia fanboys.

Except that Ventus origin story was intentionally unexplained in Birth by Sleep. Ventus past before being found by Master Xehanort had to be elaborate somewhere, and I honestly feel that his X placement is the perfect means of doing so. I'd hate to see Ventus origin story be delved on in Kingdom Hearts III: that cut into exposition that could be better utilised. Like, I'd be down for seeing a Young Terra and Aqua training with Eraqus seeing as we're already seeing flash backs of Xehanort and Eraqus in their younger years. Ventus on the other hand was never with Terra and Aqua from the beginning so that'd have to be two standalone flashbacks.

And you say that Skuld and Striletzia were never developed, but you forget the fact that Skuld arguably had just as much screen time with Player as Ephemer did, and whilst Striletzia was short lived, her personality was distinct and her motivations were clear, plus people resonated to her. Now Marluxia's somebody being in this era is where I can see people drawing the line, because unlike Ventus who had connections outlined in Birth by Sleep to The Keyblade War, Marluxia presented absolutely no indications to his connections to the X era.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
As others have said, Union X has been super lame so far. I mean, overall its just been character introductions. I realize we need to wait, but to be honest how slow the story happens is one of the biggest problems with both the original and UX. I wish some more plot stuff could happen in the Disney worlds? I never would want Disney to be removed, but they literally made them all the definition of filler lol. And the stories are less interesting to me than, say, Chain of Memories which basically did the same thing.

​That new Disney world would maybe help at least create some hype for the filler lol.

For the Season 1 stuff, like I said its too drawn out. Oh, and why does it clash SO much with what we heard about the Keyblade War. It wasn't even remotely people fighting over the light cuz they were all jealous and stuff. I guess I could see how that part could become bastardized since they did collect light overall. But then the X-blade....literally had nothing to do with it. At all.

Other than that, the main plot points are fine, I like the Player, Chirithy, Ephemer, and Skuld quite a bit. Especially Chirithy and Skuld. I like the Foretellers because of Back Cover a lot too. I really did enjoy Back Cover. I just didn't enjoy how it brought up more mysteries and no answers again...the constant mysteries are a bit forced at times lol.

Veevee

Awards
I don't like Ux the way it is now and the direction it is going. I already had my issues with Back Cover - as Hirokey already mentioned, not a single one of the characters ever really questioned what happened (or precisely, not enough to change something and maybe prevent the apocalypse waiting at the end of the road). Yes, it's their master and stuff, but that's what makes it even more fishy. The MoM seems to pit all these characters against each other and everything is escalating, but they still don't consider it an option just to listen to their heart and mind instead of the master's orders. Those people are not some stupid children listening to their father, but judging on their voices and appearances, adults who could make an own choice once in a while. Seeing that things were going downhill and everything was just outright shady (only one person has the last page; they obviously didn't know all of their roles; some roles were just crazy - like "hey Aced, if Ira fails, go ahead and overthrow him while Invi will spy on all of you"), they SHOULD have questioned their doings, but no. Like when Aced strongly denied the possibility of a traitor and just a while later (it might be months, but it certainly doesn't feel like that), he is angry because they don't even know who the traitor is. I thought you didn't believe there even was a traitor? What made you change your mind? I really hated how mindless these characters acted and how the story plays out after that. "Hey, let's kill off those hardly introduced characters and replace them by five kids who are given the exact same task which again they'll probably never question." Strelitzia lived for how long? One week? Thanks.

What bothers me on top of that is how the story is forced into KH3. I liked the story for what it was supposed to be a long time ago, some nice little sidestory about the keyblade war, the people involved and how it all played out. If you're interested, play it, if not, you won't miss anything. This was all screwed over when Ventus was put in and later Lauriam (for shock value?) and we'll get more amnesia and time travel stuff. It just doesn't feel natural to me. In general I don't like if content is left vague on purpose just to have the chance to dive into that later, Lauriam being the perfect example. Now Nomura has to retcon him without killing his appearance in CoM. If a character's background is planned for a long time and finally plays out, it's nice, but all those more-or-less-working retcons in KH tire me. Best example is 2.9 where Goofy says "may your heart be your guiding key", followed by the statement Master Yen Sid always said that before they went on to some important mission. Sorry, he NEVER said that in 1 and 2, none of us would have missed that statement and this way it's just trying to be imprinted in our heads by force, not naturally. In general I think Nomura is trying too hard to connect everyone and everything. The games and people ARE already connected in some way and he's already struggling to develop the existing characters and their ties to each other, the lore doesn't exactly need more underdeveloped connections. Keep it simple and clean, for once.

I also would have preferred them to release story updates every now and then, maybe every two or three months and to leave out those horrible filler quests taking place in worlds we already have visited a thousand times. I do not even want to start on how they are milking us for that story they made important for the lore out of cash reasons (at least that's how NA handles it).

Now to some good points:
I like how you can customize your character, the art is charming, the key arts are wonderful. The music is nice, I love the character designs a lot and I basically like the characters besides the mentioned points. I like the gameplay, it's quite deep for a simple mobile game and if you're trying hard enough you can do a lot with the medals you have. I like pondering over how I might clear this or that quest. Even if it is frustrating sometimes, it also feels quite rewarding. I basically like union cross, too. I like the basic story about the keyblade war and that we get to know a little more about that, I just don't like how it is played out.

This might sound like a very harsh opinion, which it probably is, but I like Kingdom Hearts quite a lot and that's why this bothers me as well as keeping me up. I have the faintest wish that it might go in a direction I like better or actually resolves in a way that is comprehensible to me, but till then I'll further lament on this. Sorry. ;)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i love ux lore and story and what doing yeah i do agree some of this stuff they did was not needed but it got me thinking which is what i think what nomura wanted to do i don;t want a simple story this plot this is the bad guys and this is they bad guys he wanted us to think think in which i appluaud nomura

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What bothers me on top of that is how the story is forced into KH3. I liked the story for what it was supposed to be a long time ago, some nice little sidestory about the keyblade war, the people involved and how it all played out. If you're interested, play it, if not, you won't miss anything. This was all screwed over when Ventus was put in and later Lauriam (for shock value?) and we'll get more amnesia and time travel stuff. It just doesn't feel natural to me.

Look, I'm respectful about opinions, but this is assuming plot elements just to fit your explanation. How can you confirm that Ventus and Lauriam are there because of time travel? Granted, Lauriam's placement is arguably questionable, but Ventus on the other hand is far from questionable. In Birth by Sleep, his backstory was left to be vague and mysterious. His introduction through this game not only provides his backstory, but he's not even center stage of this story. Judging from the 2nd Anniversary artwork: Ephemer, Skuld and Blaine seem to be the characters that would get the most attention. Characters that derived from the X narrative to begin with.

Hirokey123

Awards
Look, I'm respectful about opinions, but this is assuming plot elements just to fit your explanation. How can you confirm that Ventus and Lauriam are there because of time travel? Granted, Lauriam's placement is arguably questionable, but Ventus on the other hand is far from questionable. In Birth by Sleep, his backstory was left to be vague and mysterious. His introduction through this game not only provides his backstory, but he's not even center stage of this story. Judging from the 2nd Anniversary artwork: Ephemer, Skuld and Blaine seem to be the characters that would get the most attention. Characters that derived from the X narrative to begin with.
They aren't saying they are there because of time travel they are saying that because they exist in present day that means there WILL have to be some form of time travel as well as some form of memory erasure to make the characters as they are in present day make sense. Older versions of them exist in present day but Chi takes place in the ancient past time travel is now unavoidable even if it's some kind of weird "unchained realm exists outside of time and so it can exit into any time" type deal. Also didn't you just say they shouldn't assume things to fit their own narrative while then ending off your paragraph with assuming due to placement on artwork Ephemer, Skuld, and Blaine will get the most focus?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
time travel is now unavoidable even if it's some kind of weird "unchained realm exists outside of time and so it can exit into any time" type deal.
*cough cough* Realm of Sleep *cough cough*

Veevee

Awards

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear on that point. Like Hirokey said, I meant some form of time travel, not necessarily time travel itself like Xehanort does. Maybe it's connected to the dream worlds / sleeping worlds, but it is a form of time travel for me if a character is present in the age of fairy tales and 100 years later also because he / she is traversing through time in a way. I'd love the three original Ux characters take the main focus of attention, that would be nice.

By the way, I am not sure if the realm of sleep would be a logical explanation. The chamber of waking is already bothering me since Ventus doesn't age - Sora fell into a similar coma and DID age so CO doesn't prevent aging. Just because the chamber of waking cannot be accessed by someone else than Aqua, that doesn't mean it is unaffected by time. A heart can sustain for a while without a body, but a body without a heart should still age (best example are the Organisation members).
I always suspected that the sleeping realm is some kind of time loop (I didn't find DDD very clear on this point), but how do you end up there and - better question - how do you get out? Why do you get amnesia from that (as we see in BBS)? (No really, I can't explain that in a way that makes sense, fill me in.)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
By the way, I am not sure if the realm of sleep would be a logical explanation. The chamber of waking is already bothering me since Ventus doesn't age - Sora fell into a similar coma and DID age so CO doesn't prevent aging. Just because the chamber of waking cannot be accessed by someone else than Aqua, that doesn't mean it is unaffected by time. A heart can sustain for a while without a body, but a body without a heart should still age (best example are the Organisation members).
I think there's a difference in the behavior of a Nobody versus an empty body. Nobodies are imprinted with a "life" leftover by the heart, but in the case of Ventus (and Kairi in KH1), the body is completely dormant.

The only Nobodies we know to age are Xemnas and Zexion. Xemnas could very well still have Terra's heart, leaving Zexion as the lone mystery. We don't know when Lea or Isa were turned, and Naminé is just a cheater.

I personally think age is tied to hearts, so a body without a heart can't age. Age is a function of life, and technically such a body is not "living."

I always suspected that the sleeping realm is some kind of time loop (I didn't find DDD very clear on this point), but how do you end up there and - better question - how do you get out? Why do you get amnesia from that (as we see in BBS)? (No really, I can't explain that in a way that makes sense, fill me in.)
The Realm of Sleep is a place where real time does not flow. In effect, the worlds and people in that Realm are in a stasis. The worlds dream of the events leading up to the time they fall to darkness, and this set of events loops until they are woken up.
Because of this stasis, the sleeping world and people will return without missing a beat--like having a movie paused, then pressing play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back