• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your KH2 Import Impressions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Were you one of the lucky few on our forums to import the Japanese version of KH2? If so, congradulations! But it's time you shared some of the love. ^_~ Why not post what you thought about the Japanese Version of KH2 to give us a better understanding of what to expect?

TRY AND ANSWER SOME OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:

1. What did you like about the game?
2. What did you dislike?
3. Anything particular you'd like to point out.
4. In what ways does it improve over the original Kingdom Hearts?
5. How much have you been enjoying it?
6. Did it live up to the hype?
7. Are you lovin it?
8. Feel free to share anything with us!

BUT PLEASE TRY TO KEEP IT SPOILER FREE! ANY POST WITH SPOILERS WHICH DO NOT USE THE SPOILER TAG, WILL BE DELETED.

This way, those of us waiting can hear what YOU think of your brand new copy of KH2!

Last edited:

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards
1. Gameplay, the storyline, and the gummi ship battles.
2. How everything can be dun with just the press of the triangle button, and also sometimes the camera angle giving a disadvantage. Loading is a bit longer.
3. Alot of mini Games
4. Gameplay, graphics (sometimes), better mouth syncing (Unless it's someone unimportant taking) better music, much longer, more interactive with Mini games, Gummi Ship, command system. ect.
5.Been enjoying it alot really, besides some points where I get stuck on, but that's my fault not the game's.
6. Can't say it fully did, but it took more then enough of my overall satisfaction for it. Although once I make it to the orgs, I'm sure it'll overtake what I expected.
7. >> Why wouldn't I?
8. Somestuff can only be done once, that you would love to do over and over, which is a bit sad, cause I had to save in a different slot file for replaying those bits that I liked. But this is a game for both KH1 fans, FF fans, Disney fans, or any new person, as KH1 is explained a bit more detailed along the way as well.

9.4/10

Last edited:
X

XEDELAS

o gettin it in 2 days so ill posyt my expressions cause i wont stop playin it so ll be up to the org in like 1 day

L

Lord Xehanort

bought it got it played it almost done omg almost done its amazing and im ready to cry cuz im so excited!!! AGH!

B

bettermanlamia

*sighs LOUDLY* i dont get it till 12/27/05!!!!! FREAKING DHL!!! :( I REALLY HATE THEM RIGHT NOW

P.s. monkeybutt, u spelled answer wrong :(

Last edited:
X

XEDELAS

hey what a coincedence i get it the same dy as u bettlemanlamia

lol im so gonna win it in like 4 secs

EnigmaticShell

1. What did you like about the game?
I'm liking the gameplay, and what I can make out of the story (I can't read japanese). Though it is still what I consider a button masher, the enemies are far more agressive than they were in the original game, and the added/revamped features, like drive mode and the gummi ship, make the game more entertaining as a whole.
2. What did you dislike?
My biggest gripe so far is that the menu has to be controlled with the D-pad. i'm so used to using the R-stick for controlling the menu that when I want to drive or summon, I end up rotating the camera, but that is just a minor gripe.
3. Anything particular you'd like to point out.
I love the changes that were made in Sora's animation. Not only did square make him look older, but they also managed to make him look more confident in the handling of the keyblade. The story in the first segment, I feel, is also very well put together, in a design sense.
4. In what ways does it improve over the original Kingdom Hearts?
The added drive system makes battles more interesting. The Gummi ship is by far improved (though it is still missing a little something). They did a lot better job of managing the plot, I feel.
5. How much have you been enjoying it?
Quite a bit.
6. Did it live up to the hype?
Yes and no. Story-wise and graphics-wise, yes. Gameplay-wise, sort of. Though the gummi ship is still vastly improved, it looks like it is mostly a cosmetic change, where the only thing that they did to improve it was to speed up the enemy ships and add some camera effects... but I'll have to keep playing to find out if more has changed. Also, I was hoping for the fighting to be made a bit deeper, so that you couldn't win by just button mashing, but that's my gripe with any battle system like this.
Don't get me wrong, it has so far exceeded my expectations, but there are some things that I would have changed, if I were given the opportunity to.
7. Are you lovin it?
Yep
8. Feel free to share anything with us!
I just saved some money by switching over to Geico!

And for the person above, I had a homie up in japan overnight it to me. I was going to open my website up with a review and gameplay footage, but I left my video capture card across the country :(.

Last edited:
X

XEDELAS

LOL SO COOL i just played my friends version i had some gries? with it

there was one the fact that ther is 2 menus makes it hard but i got used to it but playing kh1 to train urself dosent work cause everything is much more fast paced but when the heartlss are gone its cool to ust look around

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
XEDELAS said:
hey what a coincedence i get it the same dy as u bettlemanlamia

lol im so gonna win it in like 4 secs

Seeing as the game is over 40 hours long...Shut up with the lieing. It will take you at least a week

I personally will wait for the game to come out for me. That way I can UNDERSTAND what is going on

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
When my student gets it,tells me stuff I don't know and lets me play it,I'll answer the questions.And I WILL be able to understand some stuff,thanks to my student,but not all the stuff.I hope I will though :D

Proud Ninja of the Night

sora_barzahd

Ultima Keyblade said:
Seeing as the game is over 40 hours long...Shut up with the lieing. It will take you at least a week

I personally will wait for the game to come out for me. That way I can UNDERSTAND what is going on

According to Nomura, it's like 4 games in one, so it will take you a hell of a lot longer than a week

X

XEDELAS

lol i was only jokin gosh

it will take me forever and i will be exploring forever aswell

Zeke

Website
www.kingdom-hearts.com
It's a lil thing called "LIVIN IN JAPAN!" or they are Japanese and they moved here and have Japanese Systems and just imported it!

Last edited by a moderator:

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
So yes, I'm loving the game and all that, but I have one question about the Dark Form- does anyone know when exactly you are supposed to obtain this?
I am a bit confused, as Sora Drove into the Dark Form instead of Master Form (as I had intended) in the fight with Demyx in Hollow Bastion. I haven't seen any references to it prior or after the event, so I suspect it might have been a bug. Anyone?

Froger

question to the guys with the game:
are u playing with any translation?

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I really need an answer to my question above, it's starting to freak me out. >_>;;
EDIT: So it happens when you use Drive too much? Makes sense...

And no, there are no translation 'guides' or similar available yet. I know some basic japanese, so I can keep up somewhat with most of the dialogue if I try.
I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to "get" what is going on without any knowledge of japanese, although figuring out what the different Abilities and Items might be a problem...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back