• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your happiness!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
Tittle says it all, guys. In your post you should answer 3 things. What is the state of "happiness" to you? If a single item/person/place could bring you your happiness, what would it be? and why?

Example(This is just an exmaple, not my personal view):

1- Being happy is feeling at peace with every aspect of my life.
2- A cello.
3- Because i would play it endlessly.....almost maniacally.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Happiness to me is a combination of time, place and mood.
Having the house to myself is one another time would be during summer at that exact moment before it storms or rains when everything is calm and cool, not a sound, animal or bug to be heard or seen.
There's something about that moment very calming for me.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Happiness, for me, is to see somebody else being happy.

One object that allows me to be happy is my camera. With it, I can capture somebody else's happy moments (with their consent, of course) and be able to see their smiles and laughter in the picture.

Kali

Being happy is accomplishing goals. Big or small, easy or complicated, doesn't matter, because in the end, some kind of effort was put into accomplishing those goals.

My family (there's no way I'll be able to pick one person) will always bring me happiness because I love them just as much as they love me.

Hope some of my family that live in the Philippines are okay...

Zven

1. To me happiness is the perfect state of the soul, the absence of chaos, when things are when and what they should be. It usually lasts very little periods of time, and my objective in life is to extend that time and try to be as happy as I can. There are many things that make my soul go to that place, most of them include experiencing various forms of art.

2. Ron Swanson drunk and dancing.

3. It's just so awesome it puts a smile on my face every single time.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
1) Food.
2) Food.
3) People smiling, preferably over food.

Shawty

Awards
1) Food.
2) Food.
3) People smiling, preferably over food.

I second that.

But generally, happiness to me is living in the present and not having to worry about your future and not dreading over the past. Very simple answer, really.

(also tv shows, music, and video games)

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Happiness is different for everyone as this great thread idea shows.

I'd have to say that mine is a mixture of friends, memories and the presence of hope that I always seem to grasp onto. Take some time to reflect just for like a few minutes a day or something, it does you the world of good or well at least it does me. :)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
1. To me, happiness is when, I have nothing to stress over. I can feel at peace, without having something weighing on my mind, or in my heart. And can get me to smile.
2. A story.
3. I can read this one particular story over and over, never growing tire of it. In fact, just the other day, I burst out laughing from reading it again. If I could thank this person for, writing these three brilliant story arcs, I would.

x37rnu4

Awards
What I love about this is that everyone's perception of happiness is different. I think it gives us another reason to get to know people better, and not judge on our own perspective who is happy and not. As for me,
1) The state of "happiness" exists for me when I can feel nothing but warmth radiate within me. Possibilities are endless. Hopes aren't only dreams. I think happiness can exist at any time where there is the belief that it's there.
2) At present, the one thing that can give me happiness is growth.
3) I always look for self-improvement, and I love the sense of accomplishment that I've "leveled up" somehow.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
1. To me happiness is the perfect state of the soul, the absence of chaos, when things are when and what they should be. It usually lasts very little periods of time, and my objective in life is to extend that time and try to be as happy as I can. There are many things that make my soul go to that place, most of them include experiencing various forms of art.

2. Ron Swanson drunk and dancing.

3. It's just so awesome it puts a smile on my face every single time.

This.

Plus good food, people being friendly with each other, realism over pessimism, and......other things. Too many to count.

In short, Happiness to me, is not the absence of conflict and negativity as concepts, but rather a world where such things are mostly limited to entertainment and fictional stories. Nobody has to agree on everything, but nobody gets upset when others disagree and a compromise is approached.

But mostly, it's an internal thing reinforced by some outside influences, such as friends.

Also a certain level of simplicity. I love complexities of spirit, but much of the usual like piling on household work or signing forms, I dont like, nor do many people it seems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back