• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your First Video Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
May it be Pong or Halo 3, we all had our first video game that led us to be the addicted gamers we are today. So why not tell the world, or at least the KHI community, what your first video game was?

Mine was a PC game that almost all of you won't know a single thing about. It was called, "English". Yes, English, like the language. It was a Platformer that had you match english words with its corresponding picture. You picked if you were either a Boy or Girl and then you were put in one of 25 levels with green sqaures with "?" on them. The first one you jump through gives you a word, lets say "Fork", and all the other squares turn into pictures. If you found the picture of a "Fork", you jump through it and get points. If you're dumb enough to jump through a picture of a "Dog", then a monster comes out, which causes you to hit the space button and call a "book warm" to slime him. You continue to do so until you get all the words/pictures and advance to the next level. Exciting game isn't it? I would guess the design of the game would be to teach the player English, unless you were a 6-year-old genious like me and pushed the Q button, causing the cheat-sheet to come up. And no, I learned nothing from the game except how to waste several hours sliming monsters. But it was fun.

My first console game was either Sonic, Street Fighter II, or X-men on the Sega Genisis.

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
Erm...I think it was this racing game for PS1. Or the original Spyro. That game kicked ass and will always kick ass.

Joy

Bronze Member
Well, I barely remember playing it, but I'm pretty sure my first ever game was the original legend of Zelda.

~Gunther~

Website
www.marriland.com
Not including those little lcd screen games you could get for $3, or that Mickey computer game me and my dad played, sometime in the mid or late 90's, the Playstation came out. My cousin who had a SNES at the time decided to give it to me since he got his PS1.

The first game I remember playing is Super Mario World (I picked it because Yoshi was on the cover and I remembered him from commercials). It took me ages to get the hang of things, but eventually I became addicted to that game. I didn't really get anything new until about 2001, when I got Pokemon Silver and a Game Boy Color. It was that that led me into becoming a gamer, I started learning about other systems, getting more games, that kinda thing.

Awards
Drifting along, with no destination in sight...
Well, I wasn't really a a genuine game, but I used to always play a Sonic learning game on a cheap kids system that I can't even recall. But I belive the games that got me addicted were Golden Eye and Final Fantasy VII simultaneously.

Oh and Pokemon Red and Blue and The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past got me into the handhelds.

S

Shadow Soldier

Ping Pong? It was called Pong.

First Game ever: Super Mario Brothers 3
Game that got me addicted to games: A Link to the Past
Game that got me hooked to PC games: Lemmings and Oregon Trail
Handheld game: Pokemon Blue

Blue

home is where the heart is
My first game ever was a PC game which is called The Day of Tentacle.

The game that really got me addicted was probably Seiken Densetsu III (SNES).

Rix

:)
Awards
My first game ever was Tom and jerry for Game Boy xD My first not hand-held game was Sonic 2 or The Jungle Book for Sega.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
My first game ever was a PC game which is called The Day of Tentacle.

The game that really got me addicted was probably Seiken Densetsu III (SNES).

How on earth Day of the Tentacle didn't get you hooked is beyond me

First game played - Asteroids (i felt so proud typing in the DOS commands when I was 3)
First game loved - Wolfenstein (the original)
First 'game as an art form' - Deus Ex
First Online Game - The original Counter Strike i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back