• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your favorite Kingdom Hearts Writers?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who is your favorite KH Writer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye91

What is your favorite Kingdom Hearts writer and Why?

You can vote more than one writer.

Full list of KH Writers: (If these writers worked other writing projects that is not on the list, please list them)

Tetsuya Nomura (COM, KH2, FFVII, FFVIII, FFvsXIII)
Daisuke Watanbe (All KH Games, Some FF Games)
Jun Akiyama (KH1, FFXII)
Kazushige Nojima (KH1, COM, KH2, FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, FFvsXIII)
Yukari Ishida (358/2, Coded)
Tomoko Kanemaki (358/2)
Masaru Oka (BBS)

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Ishida, Kanemaki and Watanabe all did a bang-up job on 358/2 Days (best written game of the series, in my opinion) so I'm inclined to say that, as writers, I would love to see Kanemaki and Ishida back at any time.

Obviously, though, Watanabe and Nomura (even if he's not writing the individual games) are key to maintaining the continuity of the series, and that's no easy task given its complexity. Much respect. Also, Watanabe has such a range to his writing; I think he alone is responsible for any actually funny jokes that happen to stray into the KH scripts, but he also has a great grip on characterization and can bring characters to their lowest points without losing sight of their personal sensibilities and motivations. His ability to tailor his work to the ethics of his (many) co-writers is equally impressive.

It's hard to have a definitively favorite scenario writer, however. They all deserve credit for what they've brought to the series. One of the things I love about KH is how it can differ pretty drastically from game to game, even if they're all part of the same story. The tones of BBS and Days are totally different, and that's a good thing. I loved Oka's flair for the dramatic (Blank Points = perfection), but I couldn't really reconcile that with the lacking (or maybe just rushed) character development that detracted from my enjoyment of the story (Aqua being the exception as her character was superbly written). So, yeah, no hate here. All of the writers do a good job with what they're given. Even coded, being the weakest link in the series, was not badly written: for what it was, its script was effective and got the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back