• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your Favorite Disney Videogame?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It's been years I haven't played an actual Disney game. Back in the PS1 era; I had rented A Bug's Life for the N64. It was quite amusing. I was able to finally own it for the PS1. Using fruits to bring down insect enemies and finding the puzzle pieces for FLIK. There were a few boss battles here and there.

I also had two activity centers. One was Disney's Tarzan and the second one was A Bug's Life.

[video=youtube;go4E3lY8kkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go4E3lY8kkM[/video]

[video=youtube;g5M9ZKAw5mE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5M9ZKAw5mE[/video]

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Pretty sure I won't be the only one to say this, but Spectrobes is definitely my favorite Disney game. I never actually finished it since I was borrowing it, but man, I spent hours in that game just messing around having fun.

I would like to actually purchase it, as well as the sequel, in the future to play all the way and own. Those games are gems and I'm surprised they never made more. Maybe they just didn't sell.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Spectrobes. I owned all three at one time, first two for Christmas, never finished the first but I beat the second, and in fall of '09 when origins released for Wii I bought it for $50 at toys r us. Loved every minute of it, actually hoping they bring it back for Wii u or n3ds (despite not owning the latter) and I never got the chance to try the multiplayer but that could be just as easily implemented in the drop in/drop out style.

you should be more specific because there's that obvious answer in our URL lmao. Also, my family had bugs life, Tarzan and Hercules for ps1 back in the day. Can't remember shit about them other than Hercules was a very short game and was like a highlight reel of the movie.

(omg, just remembered the can level in bug's life. Don't know how I could forget)

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Spectrobes. I owned all three at one time, first two for Christmas, never finished the first but I beat the second, and in fall of '09 when origins released for Wii I bought it for $50 at toys r us. Loved every minute of it, actually hoping they bring it back for Wii u or n3ds (despite not owning the latter) and I never got the chance to try the multiplayer but that could be just as easily implemented in the drop in/drop out style.

you should be more specific because there's that obvious answer in our URL lmao. Also, my family had bugs life, Tarzan and Hercules for ps1 back in the day. Can't remember shit about them other than Hercules was a very short game and was like a highlight reel of the movie.

(omg, just remembered the can level in bug's life. Don't know how I could forget)

Well, I meant "Disney" in general; not including Kingdom Hearts lol. I remember that Can Level, it was when you're going against the big fly bully and while the can was spinning you had items crashing onto you.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Disney games at one point were really awesome.

World of Illusion was my favorite of that series..
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Aladdin for the Sega Genesis was also a classic
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
World of Illusion was my favorite of that series..
Spoiler Spoiler Show

This. I played the shit out of World of Illusion on my Mega Drive.

Also, I've never even heard of this 'Spectrobes' until I read this post.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This. I played the shit out of World of Illusion on my Mega Drive.

Also, I've never even heard of this 'Spectrobes' until I read this post.

Oh my god this breaks my heart. If you like kingdom hearts and own a ds/3ds, get spectrobes and its sequel, (psure its called "beyond the portal"), if you have a Wii or Wii u, get spectrobes origins, which, despite the name, is a sequel. Those games captivated be in between kingdom hearts entries for a few years. I was really hoping for a sequel but there's been no info on the series since SO came out in '09.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I consider Kingdom Hearts a Square Enix game, because it really is in every single way except property wise. They're developing it. They're the masterminds behind it. There is no way Disney could have pulled it off on their own.

Granted, most good games using Disney characters were not made by Disney themselves :p But I'm going to draw the line at "games that were made for Disney" since Kingdom Hearts is more of a collaboration than Disney outsourcing development of a planned move tie-in game.

I do remember having lots of fun with the Hercules game as a kid, although I'm not sure if it holds up that well today.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
@re:Magnus well spectrobes were developed by Jupiter, not sure about origins. That would render all spectrobes discussion in this thread moot and I find it to be the meat and potatoes of this thread (probably the best Disney only game).

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Well, like I said... Disney themselves can't develop to save their lives lol. But I do think it's fair to refer to games that are based on Disney's ideas "Disney games". Kingdom Hearts is obviously a Square Enix project creatively speaking. I'm not sure about Spectrobes, but isn't the actual content something Disney came up with? Like how Bravely Default is definitely a Square Enix IP with their ideas written all over it even though they outsourced its development?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Well, like I said... Disney themselves can't develop to save their lives lol. But I do think it's fair to refer to games that are based on Disney's ideas "Disney games". Kingdom Hearts is obviously a Square Enix project creatively speaking. I'm not sure about Spectrobes, but isn't the actual content something Disney came up with? Like how Bravely Default is definitely a Square Enix IP with their ideas written all over it even though they outsourced its development?

Ok, you're right. I see you meant whoever's creative input makes it their game. Kingdom hearts is a square game entirely, only it uses Disney characters and Disney owns the copyright.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
That's pretty much how I view it, yes. And I think Square got the short end of the stick in the long run. They really should have pushed for joint copyright on all original content. But the first game was made during a financially difficult time at the company and they didn't know whether it would just be a one-off collaboration, so I guess that's why they didn't. Nomura is in a similar situation to Kojima. KH is his baby, but if things go sour Disney will just find another company to develop the games and chances are it will be a Western one that turns it into a Disney Infinity project with subpar games being churned out at least twice a year because kids will eat it up regardless. But I digress. I think the best games that have Disney attached to them have all been developed by Capcom.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I really hope they treat Nomura right and don't pull a konami/capcom. These companies have to respect the little people who make them, money is nice to have and mass-producing shit games that make millions sure is easy, but nothing can replace quality art. Once the Nomura leaves and the quality diminishes, the fanbase will go the way of the flamingo and they will have to rely entirely on parents peddling trash to their kids.

however, Nomura did say he planned for the series to entertain for decades to come so there could be a successor to Nomura as director who could do the series justice. Lol I can imagine all of us 30 years later reminiscing, referring to the original games as the "nomrua era".

Anagram

Banned
Ducktales yo. Not only was it a fun simple game but even just letting it sit at the start screen for the theme song was enjoyment.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I played a lot of Disney games when I was younger. Off the top of my head I remember Ducktales(NES), Aladdin(NES), Peter Pan(PS1), Bug's Life(PS1 and I still own this one actually), and Monster's Inc. (PS1). I also had a 101 Dalmatians demo on one of those PS1 discs that had several demos on one disc. I think they were called Jam Packs?

Ducktales yo. Not only was it a fun simple game but even just letting it sit at the start screen for the theme song was enjoyment.

Ducktales was amazing. I'm so happy they remade it last year (it helps that the 8-bit music is unlockable too).

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Mickey Mouse Magic Wands or some crap like that. I played it forever ago and I loved it as a kid

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Also not exactly a favorite but I enjoyed that Mickey mouse game for the original gameboy, I think it was a racing game with adventure elements or vice versa, really can't remember too well.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
All the Disney games made by Capcom back in the day are golden. Magical quest is my favourite though, never been able to finish it though. I tried it again a few years ago and I was terrible at it, I just couldn't get past those tomatoes without losing so many lives. I never used to be that bad. D:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Wanted to ask you guys. If any of you have any of the Activity Center games or Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2nd Edition. Have you tried installing them onto your current version of Windows Vista or anything ahead? I recently installed Millionaire and whenever I start opening the game, I get a "Unable to use DirectShow". Any thoughts about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back