• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Young Xehanort Time Travel Question (Sorry)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khspartan14

In KH 3D, Young Xehanort says he is going back to his time, to live the life he's supposed to, and become Master Xehanort. He says he's going to lose all his memories and experiences gained in the events of 3D. My question is, how will MX get his younger self there for KH3? If he lost all his experiences and memories, wouldn't he not be able to time travel, and even know about the final clash in KH3? And at this point, can Ansem SoD still go back in time, because he has a body now.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well all the seekers share a part of MX's heart and Young Xehanort himself is the most pure of them as he IS MX himself just younger.
Because of all them sharing a part of MX it's likely they just know, MX has done shown he can take possession of his vessels in DDD so information is also likely shared via this connection.

Though that's just my, most simple, explanation/guess as to how they'd know what to do in kh3.

--------------------------

It should also be noted that Ansem wasn't the source of time travel but MX was. It was MX's discarding of his old body that led to AnsemSoD being able to go back in time and grant YX the power.

— What about Xemnas and Ansem, essentially they weren’t inside anyone, was it due to circumstances of the worlds of sleep?

Nomura: First off, when Young Xehanort made contact with the Brown Robed Figure, that is to say, the Xehanort who called himself Ansem, his abilities were transferred to him. As a result of Master Xehanort tossing his physical body, he was able to exceed time, and this power was carried into the Brown Robed Figure. Thus when Young Xehanort made contact with him, he gained this power. Possessing this power. Young Xehanort functioned as a “portal”, summoning Xemnas and Ansem each time they appeared. That’s why Young Xehanort was there whenever they appeared. Additionally, when Sora and Riku dropped into the worlds of sleep, simultaneously Young Xehanort himself goes into the world of sleep.
source: KH3D Famitsu Weekly Interview Translated! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Seeing as how Ansem himself is a time traveler at this point, not a present version, so it's kinda hard to answer who'll be pulling Young Xehanort to the present.

khspartan14

Well all the seekers share a part of MX's heart and Young Xehanort himself is the most pure of them as he IS MX himself just younger.
Because of all them sharing a part of MX it's likely they just know, MX has done shown he can take possession of his vessels in DDD so information is also likely shared via this connection.

Though that's just my, most simple, explanation/guess as to how they'd know what to do in kh3.

--------------------------

It should also be noted that Ansem wasn't the source of time travel but MX was. It was MX's discarding of his old body that led to AnsemSoD being able to go back in time and grant YX the power.

source: KH3D Famitsu Weekly Interview Translated! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Seeing as how Ansem himself is a time traveler at this point, not a present version, so it's kinda hard to answer who'll be pulling Young Xehanort to the present.

Thanks, so I guess it's just a wait and see, not much room to hypothesize question. Maybe they'll make Merlin a seeker and use his time travel powers.

Awards
It should also be noted that Ansem wasn't the source of time travel but MX was.
This is kind of splitting hairs but by shedding his body, Xehanort becomes the villain we face in Kingdom Hearts 1. Master Xehanort, going by the name Ansem, without his body is the Robed Figure. The only difference between "Ansem" and the RF is the addition of Riku's body.

Gram

Banned
Awards
This is kind of splitting hairs but by shedding his body, Xehanort becomes the villain we face in Kingdom Hearts 1. Master Xehanort, going by the name Ansem, without his body is the Robed Figure. The only difference between "Ansem" and the RF is the addition of Riku's body.

It's not splitting hairs it's a fact listed in the interview link I posted above. They are all Xehanort but variations of him, no two are exactly the same and while all are predominately influenced by the same man they function under separate mindsets.

The only hairs being split are in your post and it honestly teeters on the edge of semantics that should be avoided because such topics never get resolved because they are just that, semantics.

I'm going by the quote I provided and to me that holds more merit than any hair splitting.

Last edited:
Awards
The only hairs being split are in your post and it honestly teeters on the edge of semantics that should be avoided because such topics never get resolved because they are just that, semantics.I'm going by the quote I provided and to me that holds more merit than any hair splitting.
When I was talking about split hairs, I was refering to my own post. I was trying to add a possibly interesting yet ultimately unimportant detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back