• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Young MX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Is this guy the original Young MX from the guy we see in BBS at the start or is this an alternate timeline version of him

this is confusing

billyzanesucks

Keep in mind that one of the rules of time travel is that you can't change the past. Yet we see Ansem informing YX of the plan. This means that all changes to the past already occurred, and can never be taken back or modified. There is only one timeline.

Ronove

See, I don't get that, how can you not "change the past' if the reason for all of YMX's actions is explicitly a time traveler trying to change the past?

Mr Yippie

See, I don't get that, how can you not "change the past' if the reason for all of YMX's actions is explicitly a time traveler trying to change the past?

because he goes back and gets mindwiped to go on to become regular old MX

he can mess with the future but it doesn't change what already happens

billyzanesucks

He did change it, in a way. At least Ansem SoD did. It's difficult to fully comprehend. With time travel, the cause can be in the future and the effect in the past. It creates an endless loop. It doesn't change time, simply because he was always meant to change it, and he retreads his steps over and over into infinity.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Lets make this easy

the time traveling idea sucks and is an awful plot device and that shows me how Nomura's running out of ideas. also that whole xehanort splitting his heart is stupid too. like we need a bunch ofclone Xehanort's running around. great, voldemort all the way.

Straythe

There is only one timeline.
No there's not. Since Xemnas and Ansem are back. MX wouldn't be back if they're from the past. So is Terra, and Mx counts him on his side so he's back too.

Xemnas + Ansem = Terranort, if one in this equation is from the past, the whole thing is a paradox.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
You can time travel and change the past, but when that happens you CAN'T go back to that time. What happens, happens and becomes part of that ONE timeline. Xemnas and Ansem are in the RoS, not brought from the past. Also, funfact. To travel back in time you must forfeit your body.

Samhain

Bronze Member
You can time travel and change the past, but when that happens you CAN'T go back to that time. What happens, happens and becomes part of that ONE timeline. Xemnas and Ansem are in the RoS, not brought from the past. Also, funfact. To travel back in time you must forfeit your body.

what makes you think Xemnas and Ansem are in the ROS??? thats not proven. it IS shown via cutscenes that young mx said that all his forms are going back to their OWN time. sooo that means Xemnas n Ansem were bought back from the past

again this time travel plot device is just a way of showing that nomura has no idea what else to do with the story. anytime u put in time traveling garbage in a series u know ur losing ur touch

JustSnilloc

There's not a paradox or separate timelines... SoD also didn't change anything...

When SoD informed YMX of the plan that's all that happened, everything went down the same

Also, cleary MX is not from the past... It's pretty hard to miss that he's either from the present or future

Straythe

There's not a paradox or separate timelines... SoD also didn't change anything...

When SoD informed YMX of the plan that's all that happened, everything went down the same

Also, cleary MX is not from the past... It's pretty hard to miss that he's either from the present or future
MX and Terra can not exist while Ansem and Xemnas are here. It's impossible.

So they can't all be from the present or future.

Terranort HAD to disappear so Ansem was created and travelled back in time to ask his young self to find the XehanortS, he he can't be from the past.

As for Ansem and Xemnas, they can't be from the past or MX (and Terra) would not be able to come back, and THEY DID.

So obviously there are different timelines.

And the person has to discard his body only once from what I understood, YMX didn't have to do it since he was "Ansem SoD". He can only go to a place he was in his past, or will be in the future. I guess Terra really wasn't within Ansem after all, and it also makes his encounter with Sora more intriguing.

I'll laugh if Terra can time travel too.

Waves_Blade

I'll laugh if Terra can time travel too.

This leads into something I've been wondering about Terra and MX.

I can't help but wonder if Terra picked up some tricks from MX while they've been having their mental struggle.

billyzanesucks

No there's not. Since Xemnas and Ansem are back. MX wouldn't be back if they're from the past. So is Terra, and Mx counts him on his side so he's back too.

Xemnas + Ansem = Terranort, if one in this equation is from the past, the whole thing is a paradox.
All things that travel though time must eventually return to their original time. I don't see the paradox.

Golden Yak

I think Master Xehanort must be from the past - the present-day Xehanort that was revived after the destruction of Xemnas and Ansem would be Terra/Xehanort.

Master Xehanort, Xemnas, and Ansem must eventually return to the points in previous games when they cease to be - Master Xehanort at the end of BBS so he can become Terra/Xehanort and eventually give rise to Ansem and Xemnas. Then those two need to be returned to their respective moments of defeat, so they can return as the revived Terra/Xehanort. Terra/Xehanort is free to act out his plans without paradox as long as he ensures everyone from the past returns to their proper place.

I think, at some point, Young Xehanort will need to return to his own time, and this will happen before the ultimate plan of Master Xehanort is realized. This way, Xehanort will have a lot of knowledge of future events, but not yet know the ultimate resolution of his plan. This hole in his knowledge may be the one weakness he'll have going into KH3.

Seighart

Awards
I think Master Xehanort must be from the past - the present-day Xehanort that was revived after the destruction of Xemnas and Ansem would be Terra/Xehanort.

Master Xehanort, Xemnas, and Ansem must eventually return to the points in previous games when they cease to be - Master Xehanort at the end of BBS so he can become Terra/Xehanort and eventually give rise to Ansem and Xemnas. Then those two need to be returned to their respective moments of defeat, so they can return as the revived Terra/Xehanort. Terra/Xehanort is free to act out his plans without paradox as long as he ensures everyone from the past returns to their proper place.

I think, at some point, Young Xehanort will need to return to his own time, and this will happen before the ultimate plan of Master Xehanort is realized. This way, Xehanort will have a lot of knowledge of future events, but not yet know the ultimate resolution of his plan. This hole in his knowledge may be the one weakness he'll have going into KH3.

Brilliant. Simply Brilliant.

Crystal

Silver Member

Is Apprentice Xehanort/Terranort appears even MX, Ansem and Xemnas are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back