• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Young Justice: Compilation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Okay, so I don't know if people on this forum like Young Justice or not. Either way, I just wanted to have a place to put all my fics in (other than tumblr and the occassional fanfiction.net).

It doesn't matter if you like DC Comics, Young Justice, or not. It's just a matter of reading something enjoyable :3 I wrote these on a whim; I wrote them after the airdate of an episode; I wrote them, and sometimes I didn't finish. Sometimes I just wanted to articulate all the feels I had into one fiction (and I'm sure you've done it too).

But enough of my little schpiel. Expect this OP to be updated with my Young Justice fics c:
C/C is welcome and appreciated from whoever, whenever!

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Gravity
Characters: Wally, Artemis (SPITFIRE)
Chapters: TBD
Word Count: 602 (so far)

~ And so, we fell ~

“Have you ever had that feeling—when you feel like you can’t run away?” She asked, her eyes narrowing in thought.

“Honey,” the ginger began, placing both his arms behind his head. “Look who you’re talking to. The fastest man alive, here?” A soft chuckle escaped his lips. Still, despite his response, an unwelcomed tension still lingered in the air.

Lately, things just didn’t seem the same. Ever since he became the Flash, he noticed how Artemis became more and more reluctant to be around him. She became reclusive. Of course, becoming a superhero was a hard gig—having to join the League and constantly quell whatever havoc arose—but it was even tougher knowing that he was gradually losing Artemis in the process.

Wally was constantly trying to make ample time to be with her. He took her out to dinner; he took her to meet his family; he took her to the movies; he listened to her; he loved her, and he did all the things necessary for a normal relationship.

But this wasn’t a normal relationship. They were both heroes and, sometimes, things had to give. Wally often wondered how Uncle Barry managed to keep it all together... He furrowed his brow in thought and let the silence consume them both for a moment before breaking it. “What’s wrong?”

“You wouldn’t understand,” she snapped. Wally pursed his lips, taken aback by her brash response. He watched as she seemed to struggle with her thoughts. She ran her hands through her long blonde hair, sighing along the way as he took her into his arms. To his surprise, she stiffened in his grasp unable to relax into his embrace like she had done numerous times before.

Something was definitely wrong.

“Artemis, really?” He responded, trying his best not to sound entirely hurt. He released her from his grasp and softly shook his head. “Who are you?” He remembered asking the same thing when he first laid his eyes on her, but back then it was in an entirely different context. “You’ve been acting so odd lately and I just can’t keep up with all of these cryptic questions.” He gingerly took her face in his hands and brought hers close to his. “Help me understand what I can do to help.”

For a brief moment, he felt his heart skip a beat as her warm eyes locked onto his. Having her so close to him, in this quiet, intimate moment (no matter how short it may have been) reminded him why he needed her so much—why he loved her so much. But it all shattered in a moment’s notice.

“I just—I think I need some time to myself. Alone.” Her voice was hoarse as her eyes began to water. Her gaze left his as she seemingly searched for a sign of reassurance off in the distance. She slowly pulled away from the speedster before her, avoiding direct eye contact. Artemis couldn’t stop the tears from streaming as she took his hands in hers. “I just can’t do this anymore. I’m so sorry.”

Wally blinked his eyes repeatedly, hoping—wishing really—that maybe she didn’t mean it, that maybe she wasn’t leaving him. He couldn’t help his chest from tightening at the thought of losing her; it all just seemed surreal. He noted how she eagerly anticipated a response, but he couldn’t muster one, especially now. He clenched his jaw and removed his hands from hers. So this was it. This was the end.

“I hope you’ll find the answers you’re looking for. Until then, don’t come back.”

~*~

A/N: Okay, so as you might be able to tell, I'm just not anywhere near finished with this (or at least as finished as I want to be). It'll definitely be updated when I add more to it. But for now, think of it as a little sneak peak :3 Again, comments and reviews would be appreciated. And I wanna know if you're interested. Work in progress, I know, but we all have to start somewhere right?

I wrote this while everyone was speculating who would Rise, who would Fall, and who would Die. Clearly, you can see that Wally has risen to take up the mantle as the new Flash; however, what does that mean for the other two statements? o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back