• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

You know what's strange?...I'm actually excited for this!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'm seeing a barrage of "what if you don't like KH3?", "what if KH3 doesn't meet your expectations?", "what would ruin the game for you?", and I felt obligated to offer a contrast for both ya'lls sake and mine!
So why is it strange that I'm more and more excited for KH3 as the days pass? Well, to be blunt, I haven't given a hoot about this series since Chain of Memories. I pine for the days of KH1's endearing simplicity, and CoM so far remains the only time I could buy Organization 13 as a genuine threat (one of KH2's biggest follies as a narrative).
While my love for the series took a sharp nosedive after its increasingly apparent need to over complicate plot happenings, it's not something I've ever felt bitter about, so much as merely disappointed. Which is to say, "eh, this series' direction isn't really my thing, but folks seem to be having fun with this nonsense, so what the hey, I'll go along with it". Heck, I ended up enjoying what I recently played of BBS (I can certainly see why Aqua's a fan favorite)!
But there's something about KH3 that's felt...different. I've felt a real sense of enthusiastic energy to it that I simply haven't felt with the series since the original.
I assume the story will still be the same convoluted laughably pretentious fiddle-faddle I've come to look forward to laughing at since the glory days of "I guess you think you can psyche me out by saying random stuff", and at this point, I'd have it no other way.
But it's little things that have caught my attention. One example I want to point to particularly is how the villains actually seem to be making a difference in the Disney world plotlines! What the villains are doing actually seems to matter! Apparently Ventus (or whoever that faceless dude is) is doing something that's endangering Monsters Inc as a company (judging by Mike's temper), and it seems we'll actually SEE it instead of just being told of off-screen antics! Larxene's probably going to really screw with Elsa's psyche! Even with Tangled following KH2's unfortunate "recreating Disney scenes point-for-point", at least it seems as though Marluxia's presence will make something of a difference!
Or how the cutscenes seem to have much more of a vigor to them. A lot less lifelessly standing around with blank stares and a bit more dynamic action with even the dialogue exchanges, little characteristic touches. I grasp a lot of this is of course due to the new fancy PS4 hardware, but it's appreciated all the same.
There's more to talk about of course in regards to why KH3 has further and further gotten my attention, but I'll keep this short for now!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah I'm pretty excited myself, lol. I really dont have any serious complaints so far. As you mentioned the Disney element seems prominent once again with the new PoH, Disney villains, and Organization members thematically fitting with each Disney world,

Foxycian

Awards
I'm seeing a barrage of "what if you don't like KH3?", "what if KH3 doesn't meet your expectations?", "what would ruin the game for you?", and I felt obligated to offer a contrast for both ya'lls sake and mine!
So why is it strange that I'm more and more excited for KH3 as the days pass? Well, to be blunt, I haven't given a hoot about this series since Chain of Memories. I pine for the days of KH1's endearing simplicity, and CoM so far remains the only time I could buy Organization 13 as a genuine threat (one of KH2's biggest follies as a narrative).
While my love for the series took a sharp nosedive after its increasingly apparent need to over complicate plot happenings, it's not something I've ever felt bitter about, so much as merely disappointed. Which is to say, "eh, this series' direction isn't really my thing, but folks seem to be having fun with this nonsense, so what the hey, I'll go along with it". Heck, I ended up enjoying what I recently played of BBS (I can certainly see why Aqua's a fan favorite)!
But there's something about KH3 that's felt...different. I've felt a real sense of enthusiastic energy to it that I simply haven't felt with the series since the original.
I assume the story will still be the same convoluted laughably pretentious fiddle-faddle I've come to look forward to laughing at since the glory days of "I guess you think you can psyche me out by saying random stuff", and at this point, I'd have it no other way.
But it's little things that have caught my attention. One example I want to point to particularly is how the villains actually seem to be making a difference in the Disney world plotlines! What the villains are doing actually seems to matter! Apparently Ventus (or whoever that faceless dude is) is doing something that's endangering Monsters Inc as a company (judging by Mike's temper), and it seems we'll actually SEE it instead of just being told of off-screen antics! Larxene's probably going to really screw with Elsa's psyche! Even with Tangled following KH2's unfortunate "recreating Disney scenes point-for-point", at least it seems as though Marluxia's presence will make something of a difference!
Or how the cutscenes seem to have much more of a vigor to them. A lot less lifelessly standing around with blank stares and a bit more dynamic action with even the dialogue exchanges, little characteristic touches. I grasp a lot of this is of course due to the new fancy PS4 hardware, but it's appreciated all the same.
There's more to talk about of course in regards to why KH3 has further and further gotten my attention, but I'll keep this short for now!

i can't say im not excited cause i really am just hope the last 2 trailer give me what i want

kaseykockroach

Awards
I used to be a little iffy about the idea of having every single party member with you at once, not switching anyone out. I was concerned about visual clutter, as well as having a lot of characters to keep up with gameplay-wise!
But the more about it...the more I'm excited about the idea of not having to switch anyone out. Everyone gets their time to shine, you get to have the guest around to spice up the action while still getting to spend time with D&G without having to give either of them a break!

kaseykockroach

Awards
Negatively is an armor. Sincerity leaves a person vulnerable to danger.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
That's cool, everyone's entitled to their take on the material.

Personally I don't fall in with the mentality that's like, "It's just an incredibly stupid game series you should never take seriously or hold to any standard because of how incredibly stupid it is and has always been! And if we just don't think about anything that's happening it's enjoyable." That's not my camp, but if that's what keeps a certain segment of the fanbase contented, more power to you.

Negatively is an armor. Sincerity leaves a person vulnerable to danger.
Just because someone dislikes what they've seen doesn't mean they're being insincere. I would love to feel vulnerable and emotionally involved with KH3, nothing would please me more. I don't, because the big narrative choices which have been showcased thus far-- as they stand-- are generally boring, predictable, or bad. I don't disagree that there are some details that seem like positive gestures (I'm generally excited to play through Monstropolis), but the fact that the broad strokes are so underwhelming makes that seem increasingly unlikely.

For real, get as excited as you want, but if there are concerns and doubts being voiced within the community, there's a reason for that, and it isn't the kind of cynical disinclination to "just enjoy things" that a lot of fans like to use as a method of evading the conversation. That's such a subjective metric to begin with.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I refer not to those who articulate their reasons for lack of enthusiasm with some level of emotional maturity, sanity and dignity, so rest assured, you don't count. ;)

Seadrin

Awards
I have to agree! I’m extremely excited. Counting down the days with my wife. She will be playing through the series with be after Christmas.

I have been surprised by some negativity, although I understand it though. I find it’s really, really easy to find myself on the negative persepctive side of things, in general. Sobit can been strenuous to be around the forums, at times, when you are excited, it can feel a little poisonous. But that’s my own thing, not necessarily anyone else’s problem!

I haven’t actually played a KH game hands on since KHII. I’ve followed the story very closely, though. There isn’t a detail I haven’t kept up on. Thanks for your positivity! It matters!

Squall Strife

Yeah it's definitely exciting we're in the end game now.

Personally, I've forgotten most of the details about KHs with the exception of the main plot points which is great because now I can replay the series & it'll be refreshing to play. With KH3 being less than two months away, people who don't remember the little details about KHs can replay them in anticipation for KH3.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Part of why I don't give a hoot about details is because Sora, Donald and Goofy are probably about as lost as the average player is! Might as well go along with them, eh?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'm super excited! After endless side-games, it feels so right to finally play a numbered title. I will always love KHI and, despite its problems, KHII. BBS also had the "epic" numbered-title feeling. There's something about the scale of it all I can't help but be pumped.

I'm sure there's going to be some dumb shit, but hey, that's Kingdom Hearts for you. Hoping we will get some long awaited pay-off on some drawn out plot-lines, too.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, people have been cynical as of late, but I'm 100% confident that this will be the best and my most favorite KH game to date, and that's not just because of world choices!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
i can't say im not excited cause i really am just hope the last 2 trailer give me what i want

Can you just accept that Kingdom Hearts III is not going to submit to all of your expectations.

I wanted Treasure Planet, but you don't see me having a tirade, because shocker, I haven't played the game yet or seen walkthroughs.

Aurora Lark

Awards
I’ve been excited since I finished KH2 it’s taken a really REALLY long time even I liked pretty much all the side games. I was kinda salty about having to wait so long but now it’s so close and looks pretty dang AWESOME it’s like I forgot how long it’s been and now I’m just so frickin READY that I’ve pretty much forgotten I was salty in the first place. Which is how it should be!!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Beyond the content, I’m incredibly excited about the experience of KH3. For the first time in 13 years, I have a new adventure to go on with Sora, Donald, and Goofy that I get to share alongside my friends, family, and KH community. Even if the game has aspects that disappoint, there are still going to be memories made and fresh discusssions to be had. We’ll have a whole new Shimomura score and two new Utada songs to listen to. There will be a host of new material to derive fan art from. And the memes. There will undoubtedly be glorious memes.

You see, many of my favorite films, games, songs, etc. aren’t my favorite because they have the most original plot, the most satisfying gameplay, or the most evocative lyrics, but because the experience and memories connected to them fill me up with joy. That’s what I’m looking for in KH3. A memorable and joyful experience that I can hold on to for years to come just like my experiences with KH1 and 2.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I've been super excited. Honestly, you just get to a point where you tune out everyone else's opinions and focus on your own, because it's your experience that you're gonna be focused on, not anybody else's. So to me, I genuinely don't care. Everything I've seen so far has gotten me in Critical Hype Mode, and I'm confident that KH3 will give me an excellent experience.

Sure, is it perfect? No, nothing is. And maybe there are things that are perfectly valid criticisms. But with that in mind, I'm not going to worry and psyche myself out before the game gets here, that's a bridge I'll cross when it's time to cross it.

TheMostRad

The only reason I'm not exploding with excitement at every waking moment for KH3 is solely because that would be an untenable amount of enthusiasm.

But that's how I actively feel at my core~

The world is dark and full of terrors, but this lil' chunk of light and plot catharsis is dangling within my grasp, and that's something to feel happy about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back