• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

You know what'd be sick? A Kingdom Hearts remake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

toniostarke

Awards
Who else would be down for a Remake of KH1? Not like an upgrading of assets like the Demons Souls, but like a full on re imagining like FF7. Like I dont mind playing through most games in the series a second time, but I can legitimately say I have no interest of re playing Kh1 within this life time. Which is a shame cuz I really like how the game is after Hollow Bastion. But I just can't stand the thought of slogging through all the other worlds just to get to that point.
HOWEVER, if they were to redo the worlds and make them big and open like in Kh3 (And that games gummi system wouldn't hurt either) I'd have no problem playing that again. Like a full on re imagining, not just keeping the same room layout, but complete redoing of the worlds would be awesome. And they totally could, it's not like the story has any real location specific events. All the old audio could be used and none of it would be out of place with redone locations. Can you imagine, exploring an ACTUAL Wonderland forest instead of just boxes with grass painted on, a legitimate city sized Agrabah instead of like a strip mall, and this beautiful underwater city with KH3 swimming controls, god I'd be SO down. Does anyone know if theres a chance Nomura would notice a petition

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd be down with a remake of the first game. But only after phase 2 finishes. You can do a FF7 like remake 5-10 years after the series has a proper conclusion

toniostarke

Awards
As far as I'm aware, every single KH game has been made in response to a petition, so that's a pretty epic idea OP

I'd be down with a remake of the first game. But only after phase 2 finishes. You can do a FF7 like remake 5-10 years after the series has a proper conclusion
Dude, I was already too old for the series by the time KH3 came out. I swear the only reason liked the game so much is primarily because of like 10+ years of repressed hype. I fear that by the time that happens I'll be too old to go to the bathroom properly, much less enjoy a children's game (I know this is more than just a series for kids, but age definitely had me skipping a few cutscenes in 3). Honestly, I feel they could safely sneak this in either a year or two before the final game or sometime after Verum Rex, which I'm almost positive is gonna be the next game. That could definitely serve as a good refresher for newbies as well as a quick cash grab

I could definitely see it happening at some point down the line. And if done right it could be cool, but to be honest I hope the remake craze dies down before this happens.
Not a big fan of remakes?

Attachments

• ezgif-3-c9f987c34944.gif
    ezgif-3-c9f987c34944.gif
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 3

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I re-play KH1 all the time. Warts and all, it's still my favorite KH game.

That said, I'd be 100% here for a re-make, as long as the dialogue / story stays the same. I'd love to have KH3-sized worlds and graphics for Mermaid, Aladdin, Halloween Town, etc. The only problem would be Deep Jungle... That world would have to be replaced with something else. The Jungle Book maybe?

Last edited:

toniostarke

Awards
I re-play KH1 all the time. Warts and all, it's still my favorite KH game.

That said, I'd be 100% here for a re-make, as long as the dialogue / story stays the same. I'd love to have KH3-sized worlds and graphics for Mermaid, Aladdin, Halloween Town, etc. The only problem would be Deep Jungle... That world would have to be replaced with something else. The Jungle Book maybe?
Oh crap, your right! I totally forgot they can't use Tarzan. I mean honestly, not too much happens in that world, so the story could go on by cutting that part completely. And I dont think Jungle Book would work as a replacement just because they'd probably have to record new audio and dialouge for the world, and I'm like you, I'd want the original dialouge with little Soras voice. I guess they could pitch shift Haley Joel Osments voice match his younger voice, but that could end up sounding weird. Or they could pull a Sopranos and splice together old voice clips to form some unholy abomination of dialogue, but I think they could just do without. It's what they did in COM and Coded

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Alternate worldlines are a thing so there's a canon justification for a Kingdom Hearts remake.

That being said, I kindly request one amendment to Sora, Riku and Kairi's outfits.

6_iP_640_1136.jpg

toniostarke

Awards
I wouldn't say that, but I always prefer originals over remakes.
I feel you. Normally id rather stick with the original over a fresh HD coat of paint, especially for Ps2 and earlier games cuz I have a soft spot for those earlier graphics, but when a remake reworks things so much that it's almost a completely new game, I can definitely appreciate that. Unfortunately that doesn't happen as much as I'd like it to.

Alternate worldlines are a thing so there's a canon justification for a Kingdom Hearts remake.

That being said, I kindly request one amendment to Sora, Riku and Kairi's outfits.

6_iP_640_1136.jpg
Thatd actually look pretty sick. Itd be cool if hed actually put on his hood too. And like a secret boss would be Riku from the current timeline still looking for Sora

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

6_iP_640_1136.jpg
Seeing Riku in a Green Shirt, gloves and tan pants reminds me of Goofy's duds. Kind of distracting

Vulpes XIII

Awards
It would be cool to have a KH1 remake, however if any of the Kingdom Hearts games are getting remastered/ remake I think it should be 358/2 Days. I know it would be a lot of work but it would be awesome in my opinion, although if they do any kind of remaster or remake for any of the games I would rather they wait until Phase 2 is finished.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't really want a remake. The original is being made available to everyone nowadays, so there is no complaint that they can't play it.

If the series ever did have a final, actual conclusion then I would say 5-10 years after that. I'm not saying this just because I don't want a remake, rather for the franchise's sake. People already complain that the story is too "confusing". Imagine having a remake of KH1 in a series that just introduced multiple "world lines". It's a recipe for disaster, especially knowing Nomura.

I do want KH3 sized worlds for Atlantica, Halloween Town, Agrabah, NeverLand (maybe actually go ON NeverLand) etc. However that can easily be rectified by revisiting those worlds in future games, which I can see happening.

May-Jor

Awards
I really love the idea of a remake/reboot if it means it'll improve on the original. But then there's also an issue with the sunk cost fallacy and how the plot has progressed so far.

Dark Rot

Awards
KH1 is highly playable imo, and so good and precious that I wouldn't want an actual remake, though more definitive remasters are welcome. But, I really do want a reboot/sequel in a new worldline that uses KH1 as an outline, like a new telling of an old legend. Similar story and characters and some of the same worlds, but otherwise a distinct experience, with a big twist for the final act. Even new sound effects and UI/HUD design so it feels alien.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Realistically speaking, I feel that DISNEY will interfere with a KH1 remake. The worlds selected in KH1 are far from being recent films and DISNEY sees KH as an advertising tool. They wouldn't want to waste a world on Wonderland when they can advertise some new film. Also, they may not like the liberties taken with KH1's DISNEY content (like Genie and Tinkerbell actually accompanying you).

I wouldn't mind seeing a "remake" of KH1 from the Quadratum Sora's point of view (or basically tell KH1 from the Quadratum side). That way you can have similar events happen, but change it around and not affect the main game storyline. Some worlds can be swapped out and/or redone - like they can reuse La Cite des Cloches.

I just don't think a remake of the actual KH1 we know would be the best thing to do. There's something about that game - the graphics, DISNEY, Final Fantasy, playstyle, storytelling... it's all so perfect and ethereal. Like the way KH1 is right now, it is just a joy to play and explore. All the little details like the NeverLand clock tower or the rare citizens in Agrabah or the alternate cutscenes etc. make it have such depth for a game 20 years old, that trying to replicate that in a modern remake would feel like a disservice. Like yeah, we can add more stuff now and had 20 years to learn what will make KH even better, but it's kind of nice looking at KH1 and seeing it as this beautiful and unexpected piece of art.

Back