• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

You are the one who will open the door, err, thread.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Hey, guys n' gals. I'm Rydgea. The name's a simple twist on the original worn by Cid's captain in Final Fantasy XIII. I was in such haste to register I decided against adding any adjectives or numbers to use my favorite characters as usernames. I simply chose the path of least resistance, a minor character's name mispelled. BUT, you can call me Ben. xD I teach painting and like to dabble in av production on the side.

I've been registered on the boards for several months now and have yet to introduced myself, so here I am! Happy Belated New Years, btw! I can't wait to see how the year and new installment in the series will pan out.

A few basic things about me concerning KH. Riku is clearly my favorite original character in the series. I've played all of the American titles (even the CoM remake) since KH1's release in 2002 and Birth By Sleep is my favorite, with the original coming in second. I'm really excited about DDD; it's given me even more optimism about the series as a whole, and I truely cannot wait for its release.

One thing that concerns me about the forums, a few of its staff and members alike seem a bit stuffy when it comes to bringing some facts to light. Just as much as I don't like ignorance, I don't like the superiority complex grown from one's game knowledge used by hardcore fans to bully others.

Anyways, I hope we will be able to become friends. Seeing a large-scale community of Kingdom Hearts fans is incredible, and I definitely did not imagine this ten years ago when I fell in love with the first game. Like my sig says, I am currently taking requests for graphics if you need them. Alright then. See you around!

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
don't worry bro, it took me over a year to muster up the courage to post here.

One thing that concerns me about the forums, a few of its staff and members alike seem a bit stuffy when it comes to bringing some facts to light. Just as much as I don't like ignorance, I don't like the superiority complex grown from one's game knowledge used by hardcore fans to bully others.
I didn't like it at first either, but now it kind of turns me on.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Welcome to KHI, Rydgea! I hope you have fun and enjoy your stay :D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've seen you in a few places ^^ Er, here is your belated welcome?

I wouldn't call it "bullying" exactly ^^

But when you've been here long enough, you get tired of explaining the same things constantly to members who seem to skip over the basic learnings of elementary school (try to find a solution on your own, then utilize all of your resources, and then ask others as a last resort) to ask for answers to the simplest things that to which they could easily find within 5 seconds on your preferred search engine.

Or it could be that certain members have history with the "bully victims" as you're so calling them and genuinely dislike them.
Or it's just their online persona.
Or the reader just hasn't adjusted to internet life and tend to take offense at the smallest things.
A variety of reasons.

IN ANY CASE, don't read too much into it. It'll take a while, but you'll realize that 90% of the time, the posts are made not with the intention to be a douche.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Hey, Ridgea! Welcome.

Indeed. Hopefully we'll accrue more members that are willing to say this, because it's something that needs to be said. The bullies will continue to evade the notion that they're actually doing anything wrong, but if there's enough people telling them to calm down and stop acting so entitled, eventually it might get across.

Like my sig says, I am currently taking requests for graphics if you need them. Alright then. See you around!
I can't believe no one's said it, but how cool of you to come on offering this kind of thing. As someone who's totally incompetent in the realm of graphics, this is always appreciated. Perhaps I'll take you up on this. :3

x37rnu4

Awards
Don't feel bad about it being a few months later B) I never even posted an intro thread of myself; I didn't, ahem, know how to navigate forums then...

In any case, welcome! Nice to meet you~
That's cool that you teach painting *______* I wish I had an art bone in my body; alas, I'll stick with writing >w<
Don't be surprised if you get a PM from me sometime in the future to nom on dem sig/ava skills.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I appreciate the reception, everyone! :D

Sign, thank you for approaching this with some poise. I only mentioned it because (whether you were talking about me or not) I'm not new to the internet where things are bound to be taken out of context, but to pretend this place is quarantine from such "bully-like" behaviors would be an egregious error on all parties. If I have further issues with this I will take it up with you or another staff member.

alexis.anagram & x37rnu4, I'm thinking of leaving three "commission" spaces available at a time, so don't hesitate to ask if you'd like something. ^^

Back