• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yosuke Matsuda: Kingdom Hearts III to release within "the next three years or so"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

An outline for Square Enix’s financial briefings for the fiscal year (which ended March 31, 2017) was released online (the briefing occured on May 11, 2017). In it was a slide showing off recently released Square Enix titles including World of Final Fantasy and Rise of the Tomb Raider, as well as unreleased games such as Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3.

According to GematsuSquare Enix president and CEO Yosuke Matsuda commented on this slide saying "this slide shows our release lineup for FY2017/3 as well as for FY2018/3 and beyond. We plan to launch each of these upcoming titles in the next three years or so.”

Don't bring out your pitch forks just yet! While it is disappointing to even think that Kingdom Hearts III might not even be out until 2020, it's worth noting that 2020 should be the latest it could release by. There's still the plausible option of a 2018 or 2019 release since Square Enix's collaboration series with Marvel, which was announced in January 2017 and will not have any information released on it until January 2018, was also listed and it stands to reason that Matsuda's comments could be refering to that game being the one that could release in 2020.

Hopefully a clearer release window for Kingdom Hearts 3 will be provided at E3 2017. We also weighed in on what we would like to see from Kingdom Hearts 3 at E3 this year! Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
this is intresing but not really news at i do think chaser kh3 relase year will be annouce at e3 next month

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
this is intresing but not really news at i do think chaser kh3 relase year will be annouce at e3 next month
On the one hand you have the notion that it should be out by a certain time. On the other, there's the potential for that time to be three years from now so it's news but sort of crappy news too.

I felt awkward writing this up because personally I don't feel that Kingdom Hearts III needs another three years of development time. I believe his words are broad enough to cover the Marvel title which was only just revealed and won't have any information on it for a year after it's announcement. I ultimately decided to write it as I felt it necessary to give a space on here for people to discuss and dissect his words and what it could all mean.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
On the one hand you have the notion that it should be out by a certain time. On the other, there's the potential for that time to be three years from now so it's news but sort of crappy news too.

I felt awkward writing this up because personally I don't feel that Kingdom Hearts III needs another three years of development time. I believe his words are broad enough to cover the Marvel title which was only just revealed and won't have any information on it for a year after it's announcement. I ultimately decided to write it as I felt it necessary to give a space on here for people to discuss and dissect his words and what it could all mean.
yeah true lol i do wonder about that marvel game though im curious about it it suck we see any info until next year

Muke

whatever
Awards
Bleugh.

I really don't think KH3 will need 3 more years of development. I'm expecting it to release by 2019 at the latest, 2020 is really ridiculous. And if it does come out 2020, I'm really expecting it to have no bugs, no glitches, no nothing.

I do think 2018/19 is the most plausible, but 2020 is really reaching the point where I'm getting kind of mad?
I understand it was announced too early and they had to change engines, etc. but that still isn't an excuse if you ask me.

Let's hope for the best. :S

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
A strange life sucking void opened up in me when I read this at first....

Eehh, at least it will be a polished product I guess.

notnow123487

Awards
Bleugh.

I really don't think KH3 will need 3 more years of development. I'm expecting it to release by 2019 at the latest, 2020 is really ridiculous. And if it does come out 2020, I'm really expecting it to have no bugs, no glitches, no nothing.

I do think 2018/19 is the most plausible, but 2020 is really reaching the point where I'm getting kind of mad?
I understand it was announced too early and they had to change engines, etc. but that still isn't an excuse if you ask me.

Let's hope for the best. :S

Yea that's certainly reason to be pissed if it's not out until 2020. That's just about eight years of development if pre production started at the end of 2012 and seven years since announcement. That's nearing FFXV/versus development time length.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
After reading this, I genuinely believe Jose's rumour leaks now. Judging by the order of the slide, Kingdom Hearts III is taking priority for fiscal year 2018, with Final Fantasy VII Remake after that. All the images alined in descending order for fiscal year 2017 released in that very pattern.

Muke

whatever
Awards
After reading this, I genuinely believe Jose's rumour leaks now. Judging by the order of the slide, Kingdom Hearts III is taking priority for fiscal year 2018, with Final Fantasy VII Remake after that. All the images alined in descending order for fiscal year 2017 released in that very pattern.
Why are you so persistent about "Jose's leaks"? They still are things anyone would've guessed and things that have largely been suspected by the fandom since like 3 years. If those 'leaks' do come true, well... whatever? It's not like that matters at al.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Assuming they are good at PR, they must feel there is a realistic chance that 2020 is a possibility. I don't think they will release such a statement if they expect the game will be out in 2018. But I can easily be wrong.

notnow123487

Awards
Also I think if we get a trailer at e3 and it still says "now in development," I think we can safely assume 2018 isn't the year either. If they have an internal 2018 locked down, they would want to get the year announcement out there at this point to calm fans. Also no way this is before fall/holiday 2018 at the earliest regardless.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Why are you so persistent about "Jose's leaks"? They still are things anyone would've guessed and things that have largely been suspected by the fandom since like 3 years. If those 'leaks' do come true, well... whatever? It's not like that matters at al.

Muke, pretty sure you say "anyone could have guessed it" for any leaker. I'm sorry but Jose has a good track record, and insider contacts in the industry. And it does matter if they become true because there's some concerns with Nomura's ideal creative vision for the game, and deadlines to please consumers and shareholders.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Also I think if we get a trailer at e3 and it still says "now in development," I think we can safely assume 2018 isn't the year either. If they have an internal 2018 locked down, they would want to get the year announcement out there at this point to calm fans. Also no way this is before fall/holiday 2018 at the earliest regardless.
i wouldn't be surprise if this does come out on march 2018 just becuae i think square and disney wants this game out sooner or later plus just becuase is does say now in devlopmet it could still come out in 2018 though with the release date being anoouced for late 2018 either way i do think kh3 will come out in 2018

Muke

whatever
Awards
Muke, pretty sure you say that for any leaker that "anyone could have guessed it". I'm sorry but Jose has a good track record, and insider contacts in the industry. And it does matter if they become true because there's some concerns with Nomura's ideal creative vision for the game, and deadlines to please consumers and shareholders.
No, but saying "it's coming 2018" is nothing groundbreaking. As I said, many members of the fandom already said it's probably gonna be 2018 years ago.
you know what? Let me quote Audo.

this isn't even saying anything really new or anything that we couldn't guess ourselves.

KH3 at E3? Aiming for 2018? I figured we all kind of thought that at this point.

Development being hard? We knew this.

Not everything that was planned will make it in? Nomura said this himself like two years ago.

Okay, then tell me more about his "track record".

notnow123487

Awards
i wouldn't be surprise if this does come out on march 2018 just becuae i think square and disney wants this game out sooner or later plus just becuase is does say now in devlopmet it could still come out in 2018 though wuth the reaale date being anoouced for late 2018

You're out of your mind. There's not enough time we've barely seen anything from this game. If this game was releasing 9/10 months from now, Disney would have started promoting this months ago.

And what I'm saying is I don't think they're even shooting for 2018 internally if they're not ready yet to just say '2018' in a trailer. That's how these things work at e3. If the game is being announced and coming out next year, they'll say next year not now in development. There's no reason for them to continue using now in development if they know they're shooting for 2018.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I wonder how many people out there are now freaking out thinking KH3 won't be out till 2020?

Like, saying they plan to have all of those titles out within that time frame doesn't mean they're dumping them all on us in the last year. XD

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
You're out of your mind. There's not enough time we've barely seen anything from this game. If this game was releasing 9/10 months from now, Disney would have started promoting this months ago.

And what I'm saying is I don't think they're even shooting for 2018 internally if they're not ready yet to just say '2018' in a trailer. That's how these things work at e3. If the game is being announced and coming out next year, they'll say next year not now in development. There's no reason for them to continue using now in development if they know they're shooting for 2018.
who to say that havent been proting kh3 latley isn't odd that kingdom hearts social media being so active latlely it almost telling dont foroget about us we get hugh news to share so stay tuned

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
FFXV and Duke Nukem Forever are great examples of games that spent too much time in the oven. It'd be a shame to see KH3 join their ranks. Pretty crummy stuff.

Muke

whatever
Awards
who to say that havent been proting kh3 latley isn't odd that kingdom hearts social media being so active latlely it almost telling dont foroget about us we get hugh news to share so stay tuned
The KH social media accounts being active =/= promoting KH3, though? And no, it's not odd they are being active lately. They are posting stuff, yes, but only so fans stay occupied and don't forget this series even exist (because I do sometimes).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If they said its coming out within three years then hopefully an actual release date is soon. Righf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back