• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yosuke Matsuda: Kingdom Hearts III to release within "the next three years or so"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Honestly, they shouldn't have announced it at all back in 2013 and went the Horizon way.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
The KH social media accounts being active =/= promoting KH3, though? And no, it's not odd they are being active lately. They are posting stuff, yes, but only so fans stay occupied and don't forget this series even exist (because I do sometimes).
true muke but these post are coming before e3 though if they did want to have fans not forgot abothe series they could of done this the whole year after all if the 15 anniversary still just the facts there post are coming before e3 make it suspicios

on a side are you guys worried that we minght hear ff7r until psx in december of this year since it close to the offical 3oth annivesary

Last edited:

ghostwarmen

Awards
I wonder how many people out there are now freaking out thinking KH3 won't be out till 2020?

Like, saying they plan to have all of those titles out within that time frame doesn't mean they're dumping them all on us in the last year. XD

Exactly. I highly doubt they are dumping all three of these titles on us in 2020. I still believe KH3 is next year's big Square game, and if it is then this E3 should have lots of info and that will give them the rest of this year and however long next year until release to promote and finish development. My money is on KH3 being 2018 and the Marvel game being the 2020 game. FF7R...I'd say 2019 but I have no clue.

horto12485

Awards
At least we need to give Square Enix at least 3 more Years to get into Development for this Game although i do want this game to keep work in Development.

Awards
If I were to make a guess, I'd say KH3 releases in 2018, with the Marvel game and FFVII coming in either 2019 or 2020.

Either way, at least we can narrow down the releases of these games to a specific timeframe now.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder how many people out there are now freaking out thinking KH3 won't be out till 2020?

Like, saying they plan to have all of those titles out within that time frame doesn't mean they're dumping them all on us in the last year. XD

I can tell you a good chunk of the italian fandom is going crazy right now, much to my chagrin.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Do elaborate.

Uh... a lot of people who appear to be fans or at the very least hold a moderate amount of interest in the saga known as Kingdom Hearts took the declaration pertaining the games coming out over the span of 2020 as a confirmation that Kingdom Hearts III will come out in 2020, and this bothers me since I happen to have to moderate a lot of them in my spare time.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I honestly do think Square Enix is also partially at fault. I know I sound like a broken record by now, but they REALLY shouldn't have announced it back in 2013 (and I'm aware Nomura said so himself).

I don't see any good reason why they announced KH3 back in 2013. They wanted us to know that there was gonna be a KH3? We all knew that. I don't really give a damn about "this game is in development now". I want to know when it will release.

Everybody wants a bug-free game, a glitch-free game, and a good game, etc. But that's what good games need. A plan. "We'll have this ready by then, we'll have that ready by then", and then those developers need someone to tell them "if the game isn't ready by X, you're gonna get into problems". My problem isnot that development takes a long time.

Guerilla Games did it the best way with Horizon: Zero Dawn- the game had been in development since 2011. And when did they announce it? No, not at E3 2011 with a rendered trailer that's "look at the cool stuff we're developing", but they announced it 2015 and released it 2017! Bam. They had their time when they figured out the right art-style, the right gameplay, and they had their time to develop at least half of the game to show something.

I don't know about you guys, but once a game gets announced, there is this "timer" for me. 3 years is okay, anything beyond is bearable and understandable - there will always be turbulences and problems that might lead to "delays" and it's completely fine. What really ticks me off is when they announce a game solely to say "hey, it's in development".

I don't care if it's in development now or not, the only thing I care about is when it'll release. We all knew KH3 would release sooner or later. Everybody knew there was going to be a Kingdom Hearts 3, they wanna know when it'll release. 2013, the announcement was about 4 years ago. Why announce something if there's nothing to show? I mean, it's great it's being worked on, so when will it release -- "no idea".

I'm giving them one more year. 2019. Anything beyond reaches the point where I don't even wanna wait anymore.

And just to clarify. My point is "announce your games when there is something to show", not "release the games quickly".
Those who announce their game and work on it for, say, 8 years are making fools of themselves. Those who secretly work on it for 8 years and announce it when they have something to show, win.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I honestly do think Square Enix is also partially at fault. I know I sound like a broken record by now, but they REALLY shouldn't have announced it back in 2013 (and I'm aware Nomura said so himself).

I don't see any good reason why they announced KH3 back in 2013. They wanted us to know that there was gonna be a KH3? We all knew that. I don't really give a damn about "this game is in development now". I want to know when it will release.

Everybody wants a bug-free game, a glitch-free game, and a good game, etc. But that's what good games need. A plan. "We'll have this ready by then, we'll have that ready by then", and then those developers need someone to tell them "if the game isn't ready by X, you're gonna get into problems". My problem isnot that development takes a long time.

Guerilla Games did it the best way with Horizon: Zero Dawn- the game had been in development since 2011. And when did they announce it? No, not at E3 2011 with a rendered trailer that's "look at the cool stuff we're developing", but they announced it 2015 and released it 2017! Bam. They had their time when they figured out the right art-style, the right gameplay, and they had their time to develop at least half of the game to show something.

I don't know about you guys, but once a game gets announced, there is this "timer" for me. 3 years is okay, anything beyond is bearable and understandable - there will always be turbulences and problems that might lead to "delays" and it's completely fine. What really ticks me off is when they announce a game solely to say "hey, it's in development".

I don't care if it's in development now or not, the only thing I care about is when it'll release. We all knew KH3 would release sooner or later. Everybody knew there was going to be a Kingdom Hearts 3, they wanna know when it'll release. 2013, the announcement was about 4 years ago. Why announce something if there's nothing to show? I mean, it's great it's being worked on, so when will it release -- "no idea".

I'm giving them one more year. 2019. Anything beyond reaches the point where I don't even wanna wait anymore.

And just to clarify. My point is "announce your games when there is something to show", not "release the games quickly".
Those who announce their game and work on it for, say, 8 years are making fools of themselves. Those who secretly work on it for 8 years and announce it when they have something to show, win.

hey!!!!!!

they're ​WORKING ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

yeah muke the true fault does go to square enix and you do have good points but i do belive kh3 will come out 2018 maybe late 2018 i think main fouc rus right for sqaure is getting kh3 out

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I definitely read this as "Hey, these games will be coming out within the next three years", not that KH won't be released until 2020

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I definitely read this as "Hey, these games will be coming out within the next three years", not that KH won't be released until 2020
im more curios about the marvel title but wont get news until next year

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Better start saving for that PS5, gents.

That was my first thought. PS666 might be a better bet though. Funny, there was a time I thought KH3 would for sure be on PS3... LOL

I have to laugh at anyone who thinks the game won't be riddled with glitches/bugs just because they took 20 years to make it. There'll likely be patch after patch, then a Final Mix which needs patches of its own, and so on.

Sometimes when I think of KH, I realize I first started this series when I was 13 in middle school. Now I'm 5 years out of college, and KH3 still hasn't been released. Just, lol. There is nothing to do but laugh at this point.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I find this hilarious and said as much on twitter. Even with a date it could always be delayed. Take a look at Persona 5. It got the release date for 2013 or 2014 until it got released this year for the US to have it. Whereas I think Japan got it last year. And same could be said for FFXV, when they announced it for September and still pushed it back for a November release instead.

At this point, it's to be expected that video games will be delayed. At least for me it is. However, I am glad they give us a estimate of a likely time of releasing KH3 or FFVIIR within the next three years. Which is the most I'll give to being optimistic about it. And it'd be a really stupid move on their part if they switch gens a second time around for KH3.

BUT I'm also thinking 2018 because, Nomura likes to release KH games each year. And nothing else KH related is coming out expect for KH3.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Is it bad that I started laughing the moment I just saw the title?

Like seriously, lol, I have expected something like this ever since Nomura stated that KH III was revealed/announced too early for his tastes, and yet in those countless "KH III release date"-threads made since 2013 I was very often lauded a pessimist when advising caution and less overblown expectations concerning the release date.

Then again, even if KH III would truly release only 2020 and one counts the time since announcement 2013 it would be a seven year-development cycle, still below the whole Duke Nukem/VersusXIII/FFXV monsters timewise and while certainly long still within reason for an AAA title probably crammed to the brim with content.

Muke

whatever
Awards
To me, it wouldn't have particularly matter when KH3 released if they had chosen the right time to announce it.
But I already talked about this in detail on the previous page.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
No, but saying "it's coming 2018" is nothing groundbreaking. As I said, many members of the fandom already said it's probably gonna be 2018 years ago.

I never said it was groundbreaking, I just personally take Jose rumours as facts. I'm not even saying that everybody should believe in him just because I do, but his description seems to match why Square Enix have been too conservative with Kingdom Hearts III.

You're out of your mind. There's not enough time we've barely seen anything from this game. If this game was releasing 9/10 months from now, Disney would have started promoting this months ago.

The last trailer we officially saw was in 2015. That was at the same year that Kingdom Hearts 2.8 was announced. Kingdom Hearts III was being simultaneously developed with all these other Kingdom Hearts projects, so most of its progression was in secrecy. A March 2018 or December 2018 is entirely possible to pull off if Disney and Square Enix see that sort of release period feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back