• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yet another Xehanort theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
The question of just who Apprentice!Xehanort used to be is probably one of the biggest mysteries of Birth by Sleep, and there are good arguments for quite a few characters out there - Terra, Master Xehanort, Vanitas, or any combination of the three.

I'm not going to make a case for any one of those possibilities. I'm just going to raise a different one: the thing we know as "Xehanort" is an evil spirit that lingers on from the end of the Keyblade Wars, and moves from host to host, collecting aspects of each as it goes.

There are several advantages to this, as I see it. First and foremost, it provides a link between the Keyblade Wars and the current events of the series that has been missing in most of the speculation I've seen. Second, if "Xehanort" is something that gets passed between people, it would be possible for the massive timeline troubles caused by Apprentice!Xehanort having been a student of Ansem's for several years despite the fact that the end of Birth by Sleep can only be a few months before the destruction of Radiant Garden. Third, it would help explain some of the uniqueness of Xehanort's Heartless, particularly its ability to possess others and change their physical shape to suit itself. And finally, it would give a good reason as to why "Xehanort traits" show up in multiple characters, rather than being focused on any particular character.

XIVilization

I've heard of this theory before; that Xehanort is a "thing" rather than a person, moving from host to host. I find it not entirely plausible, but quite interesting nonetheless.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
i have to agree that while i find it interesting, i find it to be the least bit possible. Perhaps, because in my perspective we get a cheap way of discovering who Xehanort is, and it doesn't thicken the plot of BBS at all...you could be right, but again, i find it to be unlikely.

tj styles1

Website
www.myspace.com
It's an interesting theory
however the idea of xehanort being a spirit seems very farfetched due to the lack of information we have about xehanort's identity

Semisubtle

Website
semi-subtle.livejournal.com
But if that were the case, I'm thinking there might have been hints of another "reincarnation" of Xehanort in either KH1 or KH2 either in-game or perhaps in the future to come, but all those games deal with is his Heartless and Nobody. It somehow doesn't seem too in the spirit of KH as a whole, too. Passing down Keyblades is one thing, but spirits/hosts/reincarnation-type things are quite another.

H

Heolstor

Well Xehanorts heartless did have the ability to posses someone deep in the darkness. So it could be possible.

Maybe that was a hint to the true face of the enemy.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
oooohhh so xehanort became orochimaru? what a twist o_O

Original Sin

Hmm. If Xehanort were just a "thing", perhaps that could explain why Ven wanted to be erased. Maybe he could feel Xehanort taking him over?

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
Hmm. If Xehanort were just a "thing", perhaps that could explain why Ven wanted to be erased. Maybe he could feel Xehanort taking him over?
nah I don't think so.
i think something worst is happening to him

mangekyou sasuke

i have to agree that while i find it interesting, i find it to be the least bit possible. Perhaps, because in my perspective we get a cheap way of discovering who Xehanort is, and it doesn't thicken the plot of BBS at all...you could be right, but again, i find it to be unlikely.
I agree. It's not in the style of Kingdom Hearts. It may be the case at some point but i think the series is too young to do such a thing.

djam2410

well you never know..i was thinking that this theory could be very plausible.

ansem s.o.d had master xehanorts clothing

when ansem s.o.d took over riku, he had vanitas suit,

and as xemnas, he looks very much like terra.

i have no idea who or WHAT xehanort is..

i just can wait til the game comes out to find out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back