• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yen Sid's Tower/Sunset Horizon Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiante

Okay guys, this is gonna get a lot of flaming probably, but I noticed something interesting last night. I'd started a new KH2 game, and I had gotten to Yen Sid's Tower. If you'll remember, it's on a big hill kind of. Behind you, when you get of the train, you see something interesting.

I don't have a pic, but below you, you see sand-colored clouds, and tall evergreens every so often sticking out of the mist.

The theory is that Yen Sid's tower is on Sunset Horizons.

Now I know there's not a lot of evidence. But it might explain a thing or two. We know that when Terra, Ven, and Aqua fight MX, Mickey shows up afterwards, with the Starseeker Keyblade in hand. The common assumption is that this is when he was training under Yen Sid.

So, why would he be there then? If the tower is near there though, Mickey likely could have found them. Maybe he sensed it, or maybe he was just out on a walk and stumbled upon the scene, maybe he could have even seen it from the tower. So, being the Keyblade Wielder and all-around good guy that he is, he goes to investigate.

So what does this mean? Nothing really right now, except that it would explain why Mickey was there.

Watcha guys think?

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I've never checked out the background of Yen Sid's castle before. It could be, but it's a stretch.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
That could be a possibilty I guess,I've never noticed it before,but I don't know how it would be connected to Sunset Horizions.

kiante

Well I figure Mickey travels to other worlds through the Gummi Ship. It's just an explanation of WHY he would be in that one at that specific time.

Yeah, it's a pretty huge stretch, I know. But, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
Well I figure Mickey travels to other worlds through the Gummi Ship. It's just an explanation of WHY he would be in that one at that specific time.

Yeah, it's a pretty huge stretch, I know. But, just thought I'd throw it out there.

ok, sounds possible, but....it seems like sunset horizon is more closer to being crosspath of destiny.

also, i was thinking about it....but sunset horizon doesnt have clouds, just an empty sky, and no plant life.

i was also going to say that there a pointy mountain, but when you look at sunset horizon, you the mountains all terrain looking,

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Except that Yen Sid's tower is a part of Twilight Town.
Those worlds are separate.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
sora.png

url

yensid.png

Last edited:

kiante

There are clouds there. In the KH2 secret trailer (not FM+) there are clouds there. Not a LOT of clouds. But I would think that weather can still change in the worlds. But the sky is very orange-like, corresponding to the orange clouds below Yen Sid's tower.

I didn't see any mountains or anything, but maybe I missed it. It looked like a plain there. But that doesn't mean there aren't any, or any large hills, like Yen Sid's.

And yes, Sunset Horizons is a very important place, all the more reason for Yen Sid to want to be near there.

EDIT: Thanks for the pics.

Yeah, according to the game, technically Yen Sid's tower is in Twilight Town, but on your way there you pass through space, so I'm going to figure it's not really the same world, they just counted it as part of Twilight Town for convenience's sake.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
There are clouds there. In the KH2 secret trailer (not FM+) there are clouds there. Not a LOT of clouds. But I would think that weather can still change in the worlds. But the sky is very orange-like, corresponding to the orange clouds below Yen Sid's tower.

I didn't see any mountains or anything, but maybe I missed it. It looked like a plain there. But that doesn't mean there aren't any, or any large hills, like Yen Sid's.

And yes, Sunset Horizons is a very important place, all the more reason for Yen Sid to want to be near there.

but like i said, the one in the secret ending was a concept video, compare the two in the actual gameplay i said. try no to ignore

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

[facepalm]
TWILIGHT TOWN IS WHERE YEN SID LIVES
THIS
[/thread]

^THIS^

kiante

but like i said, the one in the secret ending was a concept video, compare the two in the actual gameplay i said. try no to ignore

Okay, sorry, don't mean to ignore you. If you could find the vids you're talking about for me, and put the link here, I'll look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back