• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Yen Press to release Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days The Novel in June 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

If you enjoy a bit of light reading before bed then surely you should have read all of the official novel translations of the Kingdom Hearts series that YenPress have released thusfar. The good news is will be able to add a new addition to your novel collection soon, as the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days novel will release on June 19th 2018!

It's only been 7 days since Roxas has been put in charge by the Organization to look after a new Nobody who was just born. Though their face and body are hidden by a hood, Roxas spends several significant days with this mysterious stranger.

The novel was first revealed in December 2016 alongside Kingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 1 & 2 and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: The Novel Volume 1Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: The Novel compiles all three of the novels into one handy omnibus, however the cover isn't finalised yet and a placeholder was provided by YenPress in December 2016, which you can view above.

YenPress released Kingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 1 in June 2017, and Volume 2 is expected to release just in time for Christmas on December 19th 2017. No release date has been provided for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: The Novel Volume 1. YenPress previously published Kingdom Hearts: The Novel and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories: The Novel.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Yayyy. Of all the games, Days seems like it would make for the smoothest novelization, so I'm really looking forward to revisiting it.

I remember when there were rumors about the original novels being licensed and published by someone or other (maybe Tokyopop?) like a decade or more ago, and now we're finally getting all these beautiful books. ;-;

Veevee

Awards
Awesome! Can't wait for this, BBS and DDD. :) I so hope they sell so we get them all :x

EDIT: Hope they keep that cover. Axel looks so "oh you!" xD

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I AM SO READY *bumps like two month old thread*

I just finished reading KH2 without like speeding through it and I need more <3

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
So much hope for BBS. So much. Might get this one, too, although I still have my hopes up for german translations one day (which is stupid cause SE didn't care much about us during the orchestra WORLD tour).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can beat that: I just finished Chain of Memories and I was completely caught off guard by how much the Reverse/Rebirth portion focuses on Riku Replica. It was like Chain of Memories: Final Mix practically!

Yesss, I read that one when it came out and it blew me away just how much insight it gave on him. I wasn’t expecting it and his whole story arc is so trippy and exactly what I always kind of wished CoM had been.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Yesss, I read that one when it came out and it blew me away just how much insight it gave on him. I wasn’t expecting it and his whole story arc is so trippy and exactly what I always kind of wished CoM had been.
Yep. Just, bless Tomoco Kanemaki's gift for developing characters. It's like she knows just how to pull what she needs from them and weave it into the larger narrative. I feel like Days will really benefit from both the novel format and her singular voice in authoring it.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Just wondering, is there any possibility for Dream Drop Distance to have a manga adaptation in the future? I'm aware that Birth by Sleep had one.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Like Muke and Dandelion said, there is no manga for BBS and there are no plans for it or KH3D. Amano is done with Kingdom Hearts (at least for now. It could always change.)

Now, if we were taking about the novels, there are indeed novels. Yen Press has confirmed they will be releasing BBS once they finish Days and the Short Stories. After that it’ll likely be Re:coded and KH3D since those are the last two games that got novelizations.

(Then we get to have a long wait for KH3 and Tomoco’s novelization of that.)

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I'm definitely much more excited that the BBS novelization is finally going to make it stateside, but i'm looking forward to Days novel as well! On another note, does Nomura consider extra stuff in the novelizations canon? I have seen a few people give different answers for this so I was just wondering.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
I don't know how I missed this. I'm so excited!!
And I didn't realize BBS was for sure coming after, too. I really can't wait for that one omg.
I'm gonna love all of these.

JacquelineDeane

Can you believe that I have not read any kingdom hearts literature yet (besides fan-fiction)? Lol, I need to get in on that.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I completely forgot about the KHII novels until last month, but the timing was right considering the 2nd had just released. Now we have a date for this one. Ugh, just BLESS YOU, YP~ Making nerd dreams come true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back