• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Y'all are lyers. Sephiroth is WAY harder in this game.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
To be completely honest, I found Sephiroth waaaaaaaaaaay easier on this game than on the first Kingdom Hearts. And when I say waaaaay easier. I mean it. I remember NEVER clearing the first Sephiroth battle. But the KH2 version? Pfft. A breeze, walk in the park, and piece'o cake. 8)

I can relate to that.
I mean, I did also beat him in KH1, but hell, his katana filled the whole fucking stage. Even though it was possible to use Curaga like a million times, that fight was HARD.
While in KH2, you just shouldn't do any stupid moves and you're fine. AND FUCKING UNEQUIP DODGE SLASH BEFORE EVEN TRYING.

appleboy82791

Awards
Alright, so as a sort of epilogue I suppose, I ended up completing Jiminy's journal on my Proud save file (meaning I did indeed defeat Sephiroth and Terra). and I decided to do a Critical playthrough. After beating the game I immediately went for Terra and beat him in maybe 45 minutes. After that I decided to go for Sephiroth.

And just take a guess on how that went.

After about an hour and a half, I STILL haven't beat him. He's just so relentless and quick. There's no telling what move he'll do next, and no time to react when he does said move.

You might think I'm crazy for saying this, but I think Terra is an easier boss fight than Sephiroth (or at least fairer). You must be on crack if you think KH2 Seph is easier than KH1 Seph.

Wait a minute... you defeated the LW in 45 minutes on critical mode? Forget Sephiroth. I want to know how this is possible.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Wait a minute... you defeated the LW in 45 minutes on critical mode? Forget Sephiroth. I want to know how this is possible.

There are videos on Youtube of people beating him in less than 8 minutes in Critical Mode all while not taking damege on a level 1 run. Its possible, it just takes a lot of skill and knowing all the technical aspects of the game like DMs and revenge values.

KH speedrunners have the best advice.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
There are videos on Youtube of people beating him in less than 8 minutes in Critical Mode all while not taking damege on a level 1 run. Its possible, it just takes a lot of skill and knowing all the technical aspects of the game like DMs and revenge values.

KH speedrunners have the best advice.

While that is true, named speedrunners also know how to deal with Sephiroth. I think appleboy is rather confused that he has trouble with Sephiroth but not with Terra.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
There's also the psychological effect of KH1!Sephiroth's health bar. I mean, didn't anyone else feel intimidated that the One-Winged Angel's health bar DID NOT deplete after sufficient strikes?! 0.o

That created on impression on me years ago, haha.

appleboy82791

Awards
There's also the psychological effect of KH1!Sephiroth's health bar. I mean, didn't anyone else feel intimidated that the One-Winged Angel's health bar DID NOT deplete after sufficient strikes?! 0.o

That created on impression on me years ago, haha.

I'm with you there. It took me weeks to work up the courage to take on Sephiroth in KH1 after my first initial beat down.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm with you there. It took me weeks to work up the courage to take on Sephiroth in KH1 after my first initial beat down.

LOL glad to know I wasn't the only one xD that psychological effect still "scarred" me in KH2, even though it was a much easier battle xD

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
That's definitely true for me, I was always too scared to face him as a kid. When I finally did in 1.5 though it was way easier than I had thought. Scary, yeah, but not much harder than Xemnas/Unknown. Levels do a lot too, if you're like lvl90 all extra bosses in KH1 are no trouble at all.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That's definitely true for me, I was always too scared to face him as a kid. When I finally did in 1.5 though it was way easier than I had thought. Scary, yeah, but not much harder than Xemnas/Unknown. Levels do a lot too, if you're like lvl90 all extra bosses in KH1 are no trouble at all.

I think I was level 40-ish when I first confronted him yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago.

hlc1988

Awards
It took me 7 years to beat Sephiroth in KH2. SEVEN YEARS.

Well actually, I last played KH2 in 2007 and then just before 2.5 came out in 2014, I went back to my old save file on my PS2 and then promptly defeated Sephiroth in KH2 within 30 minutes. I hadn't used the PS2 in 7 years either so.... I don't know how I was so lucky with that.

But still Seven years as opposed to KH1 Sephiroth that I beat quite easily.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I think the biggest issue with KH2!Sephiroth are abilities that make you veery vulnerable for counters, like, e.g., dodge slash, which is quite popular (which I'll never understand) and allows him to escape your combo and counter immediately.
Other than that, I really don't understand how he could be worse than KH1!Sephiroth. xD

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think the biggest issue with KH2!Sephiroth are abilities that make you veery vulnerable for counters, like, e.g., dodge slash, which is quite popular (which I'll never understand) and allows him to escape your combo and counter immediately.
Other than that, I really don't understand how he could be worse than KH1!Sephiroth. xD

Me too. I think I first confronted KH2!Sephiroth the first time you can initiate a fight with him, but was a bit intimidated after the KH1 encounter and decided to try him later. I got to endgame, and decided it was time to finally confront him and get Fenrir. Thankfully, I managed to beat him easily, hehe.

Pandymint

Awards
KH2!Sephiroth is much easier than KH1. At least, I believe it is. I think in my playthrough of KH2FMHD I managed to beat him when I was only in the 50s level wise.

Contrarily... I never beat him in KH1. <:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
At least I know I don't look like E.T.

Insult opponent's appearence to show you have no other argument to prove them wrong: Check. (^:

Back to the topic: I really want to try both Sephiroth's on level 1 now to see which one really is harder in the end (without Once More or Second Chance...oh boy).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Insult opponent's appearence to show you have no other argument to prove them wrong: Check. (^:

Back to the topic: I really want to try both Sephiroth's on level 1 now to see which one really is harder in the end (without Once More or Second Chance...oh boy).

Meh, must be something like the Lingering Sentiment: you have to be aware of every detail concerning attack pattern and technical details that affect attack patterns to be able to defeat them with such low stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back