• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Y'all are lyers. Sephiroth is WAY harder in this game.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilford111

Awards
I've heard people saying for years that Sephiroth is an easier fight in Kingdom Hearts II than he is in the first game. Well I just fought Sephiroth for the first time, and retried probably about 8 times now, and I can't beat him. I beat Sephiroth from the first game on my first try.

I think the difference between the two fights is that in the first one you can cast Aero, there's more time to react to his attacks, there isn't a spit second "press triangle or you die" attack, and it seems like there is more focus on movement and finding a way around his attacks.

In the second fight it seems that there is virtually no room for error. You have to react to everything, whether it be his "press triangle or you die" attack, him phasing out of nowhere to hit you with a never-ending air combo, or his blue balls. You have to react to it and if you are a split second too late, he hits you with major damage. Mess up and it's game over. If you have second chance and once more, mess up twice and it's game over.

So yeah. Sephiroth is way harder in Kingdom Hearts II.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
How far are your growth abilities from the forms developed?
The further developed these are, the easier Sephy becomes and if you use Limit Form against him (if you play the 2.5 HD version, not the original PS2) he becomes a joke of a boss.
Second Chance and Once More also allows you to survive the "Oblivion"-attack even if you miss the reaction command.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
How far are your growth abilities from the forms developed?
The further developed these are, the easier Sephy becomes and if you use Limit Form against him (if you play the 2.5 HD version, not the original PS2) he becomes a joke of a boss.
This. Limit Form makes Sephiroth a breeze. I remember just whaling on the guy, and before I knew it, he was down. I actually thought to myself, "Really? It's over already??"

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Well, I always play Sephiroth when I'm near level 99 in both games. That's why he's a joke in KH2 compared to KH1. Plus, it's easier to deal with the attack that takes away your HP in KH2.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Even though there are some general difficulty levels with bosses, they're always different for everyone. I noticed this again just a while ago when AS Vexen on Proud gave me more trouble than any KH boss ever, on any difficulty. And he's supposed to be the easiest AS? Not for me. I think it depends on the play style, more than anything. Also whether or not you want to take advantage of all resources like limits/drive/summons etc.

Sephy in KH1 was a tough but fair fight, somehow. He hits hard and it takes some time to learn his moves but once you do he sticks to them well. You know what's coming up. Except for the DHA, but even then you have plenty of time to stop it.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Gonna say no. I had to try him again way more in KHI than in II. In I I was constantly on the move to beat him and had to prep myself in terms of abilities/Items etc. Never had to do that in II. Just start wailing on him and heal when necessary. Barely a strategy involved. And the HD remixes just made the difference even bigger.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Also, it's worth noting that most people are comparing Sephiroth in KH2 to Sephiroth in Vanilla KH1, aka the version with less easily accessible special attacks and, more importantly, no Leaf Bracer. Of course, if you were playing Vanilla KH1, disregard this post.

Wilford111

Awards
Also, it's worth noting that most people are comparing Sephiroth in KH2 to Sephiroth in Vanilla KH1, aka the version with less easily accessible special attacks and, more importantly, no Leaf Bracer. Of course, if you were playing Vanilla KH1, disregard this post.

Yeah I'm comparing 2.5 to 1.5.

By the way, I tried again while in Limit Form and I still lost. Am I doing the wrong limit? I'm just doing the first one... I think it was called Sonic Blade? I still got creamed.

By the way I'm currently level 75. Does that have something to do with it?

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
By the way I'm currently level 75. Does that have something to do with it?

A lot of people do fight Sephiroth at Level 99, since the game basically encourages you to get to Level 99 for the Hades Paradox Cup. But it's up to you. Mastering the timing is something that only comes from practice.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Sephiroth is definitely easier in KH2. You have to react to more, but you're ignoring the fact that its easier to react to things as Sora in KH2 than it was in KH1, when you basically just had dodge roll, no reaction commands, and your combos weren't god-like, even if you were level 99.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Some tips, I suppose.

Turn off berserk when you consume MP. That is a sure-fire way to get stuck in his combos if you aren't good at avoiding his attacks once he breaks out of your endless combo. (Essentially hitting his "revenge value")

Pack your items up with Elixirs if you have any to spare. You can essentially limit-spam him to death.

It's easier to block him on the ground than in the air, so be wary of launching him into aerial attacks unless you know you can dodge him.

All of his attacks are avoidable. When he starts glowing, hurry to hit him. When he starts pulling you into the lava fire, double jump and glide as best as you can away from it. You'll want to glide away from his meteor attack as well. Don't fly into them, though.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
If you're Level 75 and chose the Sword on Day 3 of the prologue, then you're going to want to level grind to 85 in order to get Second Chance. That way, at the very least, if you don't react to Sephiroth's Reaction Command, you'll survive the attack. Your chances of winning will increase considerably with Second Chance. It may be wiser still to outright grind to Level 99, which will give you the Damage Control Ability, halving the damage you take at critical HP.
I recommend running through TWTNW with Gullwing and Experience Boost equipped, at low HP, to get levels as quickly as possible. Since Nobodies only drop MP Orbs and Items, you'll be able to essentially spam Reflega to take enemies down, since most immediately start by attacking you.

Otherwise, everyone else's suggestions are good enough; don't go in with Berserk Charge, watch Sephiroth carefully, use Limit Form's attacks (I recommend using Trinity Limit first to get in extra hits before you Drive into Limit, though) when possible, but not too often. In fact, it might be wise to actually take a few hits as Limit Sora, since he regains MP when taking damage, allowing for more Limits to be used which in turn restore HP. Strike Raid is wise if you want to keep your distance, but Ars Arcanum is probably the best if you get the opportunity to launch some attacks - as long as you don't use the Finish attack at the end - and Ragnarok can take a good chunk of a bosses HP away in moments.

Make sure your Growth Abilities are as high level as possible - especially Dodge Roll, which can save your skin in a pinch. It might also be smart to unequip Dodge Slash, which can easily miss and give Sephiroth enough time to recover and attack you while you aren't prepared. Shortcut and stock up on Hi-Potions, Curaga and Reflega, and take in a few Elixirs with you in case you're hit by "Descend Heartless Angel". Reflega should be used if Sephiroth surrounds you with the dark balls of energy, since it will register them as damaging and knock them away with the recoil. It can also be used to protect yourself from his Reaction Command attack, as an alternative to block the attack.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Well...

The way how I perceive it. Sephiroth can beat you easily with speed in Kingdom Hearts 2 while in part one you could pace yourself slowly. The reason why the first encounter in Kingdom Hearts 1 is difficult is due to the mobility abilities that Sora doesn't have in that game.

Wilford111

Awards
Alright, so as a sort of epilogue I suppose, I ended up completing Jiminy's journal on my Proud save file (meaning I did indeed defeat Sephiroth and Terra). and I decided to do a Critical playthrough. After beating the game I immediately went for Terra and beat him in maybe 45 minutes. After that I decided to go for Sephiroth.

And just take a guess on how that went.

After about an hour and a half, I STILL haven't beat him. He's just so relentless and quick. There's no telling what move he'll do next, and no time to react when he does said move.

You might think I'm crazy for saying this, but I think Terra is an easier boss fight than Sephiroth (or at least fairer). You must be on crack if you think KH2 Seph is easier than KH1 Seph.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Alright, so as a sort of epilogue I suppose, I ended up completing Jiminy's journal on my Proud save file (meaning I did indeed defeat Sephiroth and Terra). and I decided to do a Critical playthrough. After beating the game I immediately went for Terra and beat him in maybe 45 minutes. After that I decided to go for Sephiroth.

And just take a guess on how that went.

After about an hour and a half, I STILL haven't beat him. He's just so relentless and quick. There's no telling what move he'll do next, and no time to react when he does said move.

You might think I'm crazy for saying this, but I think Terra is an easier boss fight than Sephiroth (or at least fairer). You must be on crack if you think KH2 Seph is easier than KH1 Seph.

And you must be on crack to say that. Have you ever heard of opinions, my dear? I guess not. You can't just say that the opinions of others are based on being on crack. Ya gotta respect other opinions, if you like it or not.

Wilford111

Awards
And you must be on crack to say that. Have you ever heard of opinions, my dear? I guess not. You can't just say that the opinions of others are based on being on crack. Ya gotta respect other opinions, if you like it or not.

It's a metaphor, meaning "I don't understand how you can think that". I guess it isn't universal.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
To be completely honest, I found Sephiroth waaaaaaaaaaay easier on this game than on the first Kingdom Hearts. And when I say waaaaay easier. I mean it. I remember NEVER clearing the first Sephiroth battle. But the KH2 version? Pfft. A breeze, walk in the park, and piece'o cake. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back