• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yale student jumps off of Empire State Building #

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yale University identified Cameron Dabaghi, a junior from Austin, Texas, as the man who jumped to his death Tuesday evening from the 86th floor Empire State Building observation deck.

"We are all deeply distressed by this news," wrote Yale College Dean Mary Miller in a message to students issued Wednesday morning.

Dabaghi was slated to graduate in 2011 and was an East Asian studies major. He has a younger sister, Andrene Dabaghi, who is also a Yale student, according to the Yale Daily News.

It's still unclear how Dabaghi got past the 10-foot-high spiked fence ringing the Empire State Building's observation deck.

But police and witnesses said he disappeared below the outermost ledge around 6:15 p.m. and crashed down onto W. 34th St.

"He came down in front of the Bank of America. Boom! It was an explosion," said Luis Mosquea, 28, who was manning the front entrance of a women's boutique on W. 34th St., across from where the man landed.

"His body was shattered and his sneakers were scattered on the sidewalk," said Mosquea, recalling in horror how stunned pedestrians scampered in every direction to flee the nightmarish sight.

"One guy ran over and covered the body with an umbrella," he said. "It's crazy."

This is how the fence looks btw, kind of sad thinking he somehow managed to get over the fence to do what he did...

Yes, it's not easy to just get a running start and hurdle. I mean some parts are a little lower than others, but it looks like this all around on the 86th floor deck:

102.86crowds.JPG

Some quotes

wow. can you imagine what it looks like falling from the top of the empire state building? I went to the top when I visited NY and the cars look like friggin ants bustling through the streets below. It must be crasy to see that approach you from below at a steadily increasing rate. The last few stories must have seemed like the ground was just expanding in front of him until he met the pavement and it stopped there, followed by whatever follows death. from his point of view it must have been painless in a surreal way. He was going way to fast, it must have killed him instantly.

My friend knows this kid. We were sitting at lunch and she got the phone call and started crying hysterically during lunch. Pretty shocking. Still, I think this is kind of a selfish way to kill yourself. What if he hit someone?

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Wow. That's a bit odd. You don't see a lot of news like this. It must have been terrible to witness. You don't forget stuff like that easily.

Originally Posted by jeels
It's still unclear how Dabaghi got past the 10-foot-high spiked fence ringing the Empire State Building's observation deck.

I wonder how he did it.

Last edited:

NumberVIII

Gosh, that's terrible. Could you imagine witnessing something like that? God.

I still can't even fathom what it must be like hating your life so much that you want to end it permanently.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
I wonder WHY he did it, that's no way to go =/

He could have been bullied or had depression. Stress could have played a part in it as well. There's numerous subjects on the matter discussing how a person feels to end his/her life. This lady did some documentary about it at my school.

Cirxsh

Gosh, that's terrible. Could you imagine witnessing something like that? God.

You'd be scarred for life. There's no way you could forget something like that. Ever.

I still can't even fathom what it must be like hating your life so much that you want to end it permanently.

Now, you can't go and think that it was all self-hatred. It could of been a factor, it could not have been. At this point in time, we have no way of knowing what made this kid take the long fall.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
It's horrible, really.
Also:
My friend knows this kid. We were sitting at lunch and she got the phone call and started crying hysterically during lunch. Pretty shocking. Still, I think this is kind of a selfish way to kill yourself. What if he hit someone?

That actually happened a couple of days ago here in Belgium. Old woman threw herself from her appartment and hit an old guy. Shit was all over the news here.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Holy shi--

That is really sad, but I can't help but wonder how he got the guts to just jump...

NumberVIII

You'd be scarred for life. There's no way you could forget something like that. Ever.

Oh god, I can't even imagine what that'd be like.

Now, you can't go and think that it was all self-hatred. It could of been a factor, it could not have been. At this point in time, we have no way of knowing what made this kid take the long fall.

Not necessarily self-hatred, but hating your life, having such a shitty life that you voluntarily end it like that...

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
*squirms as she imagines whether or not people can feel themselves explode*
*and to what extent*
D8

Goddang, you must have balls of STEEL to do that, or, just lost a lot of faith in something. I'm guessing he jumped with a running start and due to his starting velocity and the trajectory of the jump, he managed to pass the wall. It's basic math that when you fall at an angle at such a speed that is gradually increasing, the angle will either widen or become more acute. Umm... I kinda think he was lucky he missed the fence or else he would've been shichkabobbed.

Y'know... On the inside, I believe it's due to overpopulation people are devoloping more suicidal tendancies... Who knows what our brains secretly tell us to do without our conscious knowing./offtopic

May he rest in peace, at least.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I guess a possible motive was...

0.jpg

His grades were plummeting...

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
That's horrible :(
In San Francisco, a man had jumped off a building and idiots were cheering him on.
Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with people....

Status
Not open for further replies.