• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion's "placement"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is Xion's gender?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
As a matter of fact, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the account of the female characters. It's one of my biggest and main complaints about the series amongst Axel being whored to oblivion and back.

Note: I like Axel & all buttt he should stay dead, too. As Axel, at least. As Lea? Well, who knows.

It's just awful. It's like an obvious expectation that if you don't look like Kairi now you won't be worth the screen time at all, or die without any more depth. Which is incredibly ridiculous and disappointing, considering what Olette and Larxene are. It's gotten me annoyed, and it still irritates me.
Mhm, exactly. I mean, all of this would make sense if it turned out that they were all linked in some way but it seems to me that they're not. Well, Aqua anyway. I liked Olette, since she was refreshing & new & the girl next door, and ohhh Larxene was great the evil bitch. C:< But, I mean, Olette was only really a filler for the beginning of KH II and was a part of Roxas's "reset" function (the "Hayner! Pence! Olette!" thing) and Larxene did her role [well] in CoM, or so I believe, so neither were too wasted.

All the Kairi cloning it's getting too stupid. Can't they make an important female character, who's different, and does not resemble Kairi in a crucial role? Or is it that
impossible to fathom?

Nomura's a Kairi fanboy.

And at the same time, they ignore to develop the said original Kairi.
This is true. Pretty much from the start, her role has been damsel-in-distress. Okay, in KH, I get it. She lost her heart & she was a PoH & she was needed to open the Door To Darkness, but she was finally rescued & put back safely on DI. Then, in KH II she fucking gets kidnapped & she needs rescuing again & she still has no personality or development or whatever. The story was supposed to be about finding Riku, but no, had to be about Kairi.[/quote]

And now Sora, and his many births, is getting out of hand as well. What's next, his energy?
Heartless, Roxas, Xion. I see what you mean. Heartless & Roxas come hand-in-hand, I get that. However, fuck to Xion.

Even the hints in Days that fit into BBS, among other things, have nothing to do with her minus Xemnas and that one point of being seen as Ven by Xigbar.
I think the Ven-Xion thing was just to make the fanboys squeal. I squeal because it was seen by Xigbar, the fangirl of him that I am. Also, it's just to fortify the Ven-Sora relationship, I presume.

The Organization, the members, most preferably Saïx, Axel's own secrets and Roxas's mistrust of him in the long run, as well as him going to other worlds, and questioning the Organization's actions was all a much greater part of it.
I wish they delved further into the Axel-Saïx history thing, because although I've not played Days yet, I've heard of this and it really sparks an interest in me. See, I'm not too good at coming up with ideas but I know that it could have been something as simple as Roxas finding out that he was being used by Xemnas, but written in a really cryptic way.

Found him a much more sad character, and his tale was much more tragic. And it didn't have to take the whole game of CoM to get that feeling.
Not played CoM, but from what I understand, it was much more sad. And the irony is is that he wasn't even an emo bastard about it like Xion was.

But I think we got the point of what Xion is, at least.
Bad plot device.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Note: I like Axel & all buttt he should stay dead, too. As Axel, at least. As Lea? Well, who knows.

I like Axel too, I run his fanclub. But there is too much of a good thing. And by this point, it's been so much that I think the staff is unhealthily obsessed. It's getting me tired, as well as vexed. They shouldn't play favoritism or have biases, because other characters will suffer from it. That's why we got Xion be the focus of the whole game the most. The others' screen time will go to who they like best.

Mhm, exactly. I mean, all of this would make sense if it turned out that they were all linked in some way but it seems to me that they're not. Well, Aqua anyway. I liked Olette, since she was refreshing & new & the girl next door, and ohhh Larxene was great the evil bitch. C:< But, I mean, Olette was only really a filler for the beginning of KH II and was a part of Roxas's "reset" function (the "Hayner! Pence! Olette!" thing) and Larxene did her role [well] in CoM, or so I believe, so neither were too wasted.

Some people actually hope that Aqua is not linked to Kairi in any way. But that doesn't really stop her from looking like an older Kairi. And have the typical "ocean" themed name to fit the rest. Olette is so far, the only girl in a trio of two guys that doesn't fit that standard. Meaning she's separate. But I like her. And I LOVE Larxene. My favorite female character, and the one who's actually unique among all the, uh, cookie cutter cuties. Yes, they weren't too wasted. But, their real potential, especially Larxene, who had an interesting personality to explore (very minor sadism from what I've seen, but still a bitch), were. They could have done more with them considering the lack of original females KH has already. But 3/4 of them are Kairis. And they either die, disappear, or one went back to her.

Nomura's a Kairi fanboy.

You really think?

If so, he isn't showing it to the actual character and more to her clones.

This is true. Pretty much from the start, her role has been damsel-in-distress. Okay, in KH, I get it. She lost her heart & she was a PoH & she was needed to open the Door To Darkness, but she was finally rescued & put back safely on DI. Then, in KH II she fucking gets kidnapped & she needs rescuing again & she still has no personality or development or whatever. The story was supposed to be about finding Riku, but no, had to be about Kairi.

To be fair, if Sora, nor Riku, nor anyone else had a weapon or Keyblade, they'd be pretty useless too, and would get kidnapped themselves all the time. You're shit without a gun in hand, in other words. Naminé is the same, but more free, considering she could portal and has other advantages. And while I get that Kairi really isn't well developed, she does have a personality and some brownie points. Or else we wouldn't like or dislike her for certain reasons. She's happy, cheerful, nice, levelheaded, spunky, but determined and independent, as well as headstrong, and isn't going to just be there any longer. I'd say she's a bit serious too when it calls for it. You have to give the girl credit for at least trying to be of help. She failed epically, of course, but it was a stepping point for her character in that she isn't going to be a good girl and stay home waiting anymore, and wants to aid her friends no matter what the cause. I thought KH2 was more of a representation of her beginning to be active, especially with the weapon hint she was given. In the future, we can only predict that she will definitely be a type of fighter for it to come full circle and would be able to protect herself.

She still has potential. But this is the only chance not to screw it up.

Heartless, Roxas, Xion. I see what you mean. Heartless & Roxas come hand-in-hand, I get that. However, fuck to Xion.

Lol. You're much harsher on her than I was before I played the game.

Yet, the cloning really needs to be put at an end. We already have Ventus now, and that's where everything has to be cut off.

I think the Ven-Xion thing was just to make the fanboys squeal. I squeal because it was seen by Xigbar, the fangirl of him that I am. Also, it's just to fortify the Ven-Sora relationship, I presume.

I didn't squeal. But it was interesting to see, nonetheless. It really just solidifies the Ven/Sora/Roxas connection, as well as further confirming that Xigbar did really meet the previous warriors.

I wish they delved further into the Axel-Saïx history thing, because although I've not played Days yet, I've heard of this and it really sparks an interest in me. See, I'm not too good at coming up with ideas but I know that it could have been something as simple as Roxas finding out that he was being used by Xemnas, but written in a really cryptic way.

To be truthful, you can't really make a game on such a simple thing. It would get rather boring. But I think much more could have been done and a different story told other than Xion at the helm. Because if you can't create a game that doesn't depend on a replica, then you shouldn't be a "creator" at all for the sheer lack of imagination. As for the Axel and Saïx, it was hinted that they might appear on BBS (along with the clue that the other Organization's members' name will be revealed when a time calls for it like it did for Axel). Their original selves anyway, so we might get some ideas on that since it was left open.

Not played CoM, but from what I understand, it was much more sad. And the irony is is that he wasn't even an emo bastard about it like Xion was.

He wasn't an emo bastard. But he showed his own emo through anger and aggressiveness, and was a jerk. Hence, why he played a more antagonistic role. But the reason why he was so was understanding. Especially when he took after former jerk Riku. Yet, we never really got the constant mulling over who he was or what is the point of his existence, among the forced sympathy. It seems that they tried to make Xion such a selfless, tragic character that they made it not look natural.

The thing is, Xion is quite bland otherwise before she turned that way (that's what made her somewhat interesting, and got her a bit to have Kairi's spunk and determination). Otherwise, you'll get a quiet, bashful, kind of cheerful, nice, and friendly girl. Who's...there. I don't know which is preferable.

Bad plot device.

That, and having no sex to go by.

soraXxion

Website
duckyalterations.webs.com
She's both. Or Xion's both. lol - yes, she looks like a girl. but ...
( the next part is a spoiler) i know it's hard not to read it , but DON'T if you want to wait for the game.

-I watched a video on youtube showing the gameplay & there was a cutscene where Roxas and Xion are ontop of the clocktower, and Xion takes her hood off and reveals herself now looking like Sora. So eventually she does turn into Sora - but the only thing i don't understand is... this would have to be before her death. How does she transform back into "Xion's form" -

I guess we'll just have to wait till' the game comes out- play it- & then answer all these questions=)

A

Azrael

In all respects, Xehanort, Sora and Kairi are the most whored characters in the series so it's nothing new

Shinra

Banned
Awards
well she did stay in her Kairi form for most of the game so
...I think She's a She... most of the time...

Paupu911

I say she.....or it is genderless. even if she was in a girl body(except when she turned into Sora), she's just made out of memories and if your made out of memories only you got no gender right?

Aria

braver by the minute
^ Well if she sees herself as a girl, then I'd say she was a girl. Either that or she's just genderless.

Diastyl

SHE'S A FRIGGIN GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! She was SUPPOSED to be a repica of Sora but she's IMPERFECT which makes Xion a girl!

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
SHE'S A FRIGGIN GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! She was SUPPOSED to be a repica of Sora but she's IMPERFECT which makes Xion a girl!

Now we don't even know if she was imperfect. That was just the analysis from the very beginning of the game: meaning, first words out. Which were expanded and some disproved as the plot was actually known. In fact, I do hear Xion is simply referred to as a Sora replica. Not imperfect. She even admitted that she was Sora. And Roxas, at the end. Sorry, but if a guy to my female was my memories...

>.>

Which isn't the case. Memories have no sex. No gender. Xion was just a missing link to the chains and was trapped or composed in a doll's body. People see different things depending on their connection to Sora when witnessing her. While the female version is what we see, a person who sees her as Ven won't say "she's a girl!"

Xion may consider herself to have a gender indentity to go by, but in reality, I do think she really has no sex. Even the girl form is not real, because I doubt Kairi and her would have the same voice otherwise. On top of that, it's out of this world to think that a real female would suddenly switch to a guy without some op.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, although she is a Sora clone, she was based on Sora's strongest memory; Kairi. Wouldn't that make her a girl? XD

She wasn't really based on it. I doubt even Sora's memories of Kairi have much to do with it other than giving Xion the female version, and probably letting Xion see herself as one in the process in her eyes. You have to recall that other people see her as "Xion", which means maybe the doll, and Ven. Even Sora. So the "black haired girl" isn't the automatic reset button.

Answer this: do you call your memories by a gender?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
So if one day I clone you and change one sex chromosome, your gender remains the same? Interesting.

Xion never got changed a sex chromosome, though.

Not that she could even have one.

She just takes the illusion of others, including the black haired Kairi. Under all that, she's a doll (though it makes you wonder if being a Sora clone made the body male, and not a blank slate). And even under under all that, just memories. Hence, the crystallized death.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What *TN* said was very good, about the difference between sex and gender. True, she has no sex, because she is a doll. As for gender... you're right here too. I think she's HAS to think she's a girl, at least, because in Japanese she speaks like one. In English we don't have this, so it doesn't translate and people look over it, but she uses very feminine speech forms in Japanese. Like a little girl. Only someone who was under the impression that they were a girl would use speech like that.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
What *TN* said was very good, about the difference between sex and gender. True, she has no sex, because she is a doll. As for gender... you're right here too. I think she's HAS to think she's a girl, at least, because in Japanese she speaks like one. In English we don't have this, so it doesn't translate and people look over it, but she uses very feminine speech forms in Japanese. Like a little girl. Only someone who was under the impression that they were a girl would use speech like that.

=D

Hey, goldpanner, since you know more about it, I want to make a fact clear that's been plaguing me, now that I keep thinking about with the topic. Is it that Xion holds Sora's memories of Kairi, or that Kairi is the strongest influence and memory in there?

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
i guess she would be called and tanny.
ohh idk shes like a man and a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back