• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion's "placement"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is Xion's gender?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
Please don't flame me for this.
Okay, so my brother and I kinda got into an argument. He says that Xion is a girl because she sounds like one and looks like one. I say that she's genderless because she's an imperfect replica of Sora(who is a guy) made from his memories and looks like Kairi because Kairi is Sora's most precious/strongest memory.
So who's right? Is Xion a guy, a girl or is she genderless?

Last edited:

UnnamedPerson

Awards
Re: Xion's gender

Luna, I reccomend you place that In spoiler tags as your giving away parts of the game.
[spoilers*] your spoiler here [/spoilers] take the star out

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Shouldn't this be in spoilers lol?

I just consider 'her' genderless most of the time, because of 'her' shifting of gender and appearance depending on who sees 'her'.

Muse

you look atrocious

Unless it's in the spoiler section, then anything that you say that's directly from the game needs to be in a spoiler box.

At the very least, Xion is a girl living in a guy's body.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

Roxas see Xion
Axel sees Xion
Xemnas sees Ven
Xigbar sees Ven
Saix sees a "doll"

So actually, the perspective thing seems pretty even, which is what I think matters most. If this game was from, say, Xemnas' view most of the time, we'd probably be more inclined to say that she's a male. Kairi memories do pretty much solidify things though, with said gender in other gender's body.

A

Audo

Roxas see Xion
Axel sees Xion
Xemnas sees Ven
Xigbar sees Ven
Saix sees a "doll"

So actually, the perspective thing seems pretty even, which is what I think matters most. If this game was from, say, Xemnas' view most of the time, we'd probably be more inclined to say that she's a male. Kairi memories do pretty much solidify things though, with said gender in other gender's body.

Xemnas sees her as both Xion and Ven.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I'd say Xion is a girl. She acts like one, and evevn likes Roxas and Riku. She is most likely a girl, or Sora in a girl's body.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Girl. Cause she is susceptible to change due to her unique constitution, but for the most part I really don't think she views herself as anything but herself (Much like Roxas). If she thinks she is a girl then she is one.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't want to think she's a guy for certain reasons, despite the fact that she's a replica of one [yeah, that sounds pretty odd]. Nor do I believe that she's a true girl, for other certain reasons. Nor a mixture of both, please: that's actually quite out there, and it's creepy. I wouldn't say "genderless". I see it more as sex. "Gender" or "gender identity" is what you see yourself as, or act like, while your sex, it's what you are biologically in today's science [more so with identity problems, transgenders, etc., etc.]. Xion has no sex. But she does identify herself as a female socially [I don't know whether it's the fact that Sora's memories of Kairi has enough influence so she, in an unbiased point of view, sees herself as the "female" version of Xion in her eyes. It's pretty likely] . Considering her basis and component are memories...she is Sora's memories, to be exact, she's kind of a missing chain and link to the rest of his memories [that have no real biology, I'm sure] that are preventing him from recovering, means that Xion really, doesn't have a sex.

I wouldn't want to be a guy, and have my memories be female >.>. That would be awkward, and I doubt that's the case. It's the reason why "she" died into crystals, and was nothing, but gems.

Pack with the fact that everyone sees something different, Ven, doll, etc., depending on their connection to Sora, all Xion really does is take forms with the situations. Kind of like Ditto, except since it's memories, it's more like an illusion that covers a blank doll, basically.

Nomura said that what Roxas sees, it's what the audience sees. So that's the majority of what we know Xion as, and why we refer to her as a "she" to make it simpler. He also said that Xigbar sees Ven, but acts around Xion as if she was female to not arouse suspicion, because Roxas acts like that around her in turn. He even said that Riku, the first time, saw Xion's "true nature". I don't know whether that meant Sora or not, but it was definitely different than the female appearance because Nomura separates them. Saïx saw the doll. Xemna saw both "Xion", whatever appearance that was, and Ven. Xion even admitted that she's Roxas and Sora [the character we speak of here, came to terms with it], so that pretty much seals the deal as well. All three of them are each other. A body and soul, the original, and the memories. Xion takes a form of Kairi, but she's definitely not a Kairi like Naminé is.

Overall, I'd say Xion has no sex. Not a gender, but a sex.

At all.

I guess that in the poll would be "genderless"...?

Last edited:

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
She starts off as a girl & ends up as Sora. Which part of Sora having a penis do some people not understand.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
She starts off as a girl & ends up as Sora. Which part of Sora having a penis do some people not understand.

In the center of it all, Xion's truthfully blank and nothing, but a collection of memories. In the death, and after the battle, Roxas sees "her" as the one he's always been seeing, because that's his view (I believe at the end Xion was able to control the forms as the memories seeped in more and more).

Take it in a way...where you have a penis, but it's really not your penis.

Er, you get what I mean >.>. It's appearance. Not that Xion truly changed sex; that's pretty much nonexistent.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
In the center of it all, Xion's truthfully blank and nothing, but a collection of memories. In the death, and after the battle, Roxas sees "her" as the one he's always been seeing, because that's his view (I believe at the end Xion was able to control the forms as the memories seeped in more and more).

Take it in a way...where you have a penis, but it's really not your penis.

Er, you get what I mean >.>. It's appearance. Not that Xion truly changed sex; that's pretty much nonexistent.

I was emphasising on the fact that I believe she's genderless. The transition from being "female" to taking upon the form of Sora, who's obviously male, makes her genderless. Hell, why am I even calling Xion "her"? I should be calling Xion "it".

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I was emphasising on the fact that I believe she's genderless. The transition from being "female" to taking upon the form of Sora, who's obviously male, makes her genderless. Hell, why am I even calling Xion "her"? I should be calling Xion "it".

Well, the word "gender" or "gender identity" is now deemed more in today's society as what you identify yourself as on masculinity and femininity. Your sex, on the other hand, is what you are biologically: female or male. That's what I meant, and it's a better way to deal with what Xion is. So in essence, yes, Xion's an "it" as the correct pronoun. But "it" obviously thinks of itself a female. Or acts like it. Sora's memories of Kairi might have something to do with it.

I guess it's what you prefer. Everyone calls Xion a "her" because that's the form we know "it" as, and what really, was presented for the majority of the advertisements and the game until the end point of the plot as the shocking twist. Not to mention it's easier, and much simpler. For some reason, "it" seems disrespectful on Xion's behalf. And it sounds awkward on conversation.

Some, with three to five experiences, so can't speak for everyone, hardcore fans of her will get defensive if you call Xion an "it", though, and demand "her" as female. I don't really see what's the big deal anyhow, and why Xion needs to be one. Will you stop liking the character? I think the game spells clearly that Xion's sex is ambiguous.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Well, the word "gender" or "gender identity" is now deemed more in today's society as what you identify yourself as on masculinity and femininity.

Well, I hardly think Xion has psychological gender issues. I don't think it even gives a shit about its sex. It just wants to be Sora, that's all. Or so I think. Something along the lines of wanting to have a place. Xion's rearranged name (No.i) pretty much speaks for itself. Xion is nothing, not important, or at least has problems with that.

Your sex, on the other hand, is what you are biologically: female or male. That's what I meant, and it's a better way to deal with what Xion is. So in essence, yes, Xion's an "it" as the correct pronoun. But "it" obviously thinks of itself a female. Or acts like it. Sora's memories of Kairi might have something to do with it.

I know this. Bahhh, I just take sex and gender to be synonyms. I know Xion appears female due to Sora's memories of Kairi, which, btw, I think is fucking bullshit because Riku was much more traumatic for Sora than Kairi.

I guess it's what you prefer. Everyone calls Xion a "her" because that's the form we know "it" as, and what really, was presented for the majority of the advertisements and the game

I prefer it but will end up falling into the habit of calling Xion her. I'm a factually-obsessed freak.

until the end point of the plot as the shocking twist.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't really hyped-up about Days and am still not & I read the plot of Days on Wikipedia after it was released in Japan. The "twist" wasn't a shock to me. I was like, "Oh. That's nice."

Not to mention it's easier, and much simpler. For some reason, "it" seems disrespectful on Xion's behalf. And it sounds awkward on conversation.

Again, factually-obsessed. It's like when people refer to Sun as "the sun". There is only one star with that particular name, aka Sun. If anything, they should be calling it "the star". That's an example. As for being disrespectful to Xion. Pft. I hardly thought it was a ground-breaking character idea. I'll have to wait until Days to see if I actually like it or not, and until then I'll just continue being iffy on it.

Some, with three to five experiences, so can't speak for everyone, hardcore fans of her will get defensive if you call Xion an "it", though, and demand "her" as female. I don't really see what's the big deal anyhow, and why Xion needs to be one. Will you stop liking the character? I think the game spells clearly that Xion's sex is ambiguous.

Some fans are too fannish.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, I hardly think Xion has psychological gender issues. I don't think it even gives a shit about its sex. It just wants to be Sora, that's all. Or so I think. Something along the lines of wanting to have a place. Xion's rearranged name (No.i) pretty much speaks for itself. Xion is nothing, not important, or at least has problems with that.

I'll refer to her as "she" since it's a bit easier for me, and I already fell into the habit. And I'm just not used to "it". I don't mean to base Xion as having psychological gender issues. She does have an identity problem, but not in that regard. She actually pretty much accepted what she is once she found out. I just used that type of example to appease both groups into understanding the existence she brings, because it's confusing. While she might not have a sex, Xion still sees herself and has the behavior that is presented as a female. The Kairi-like appearance it's not real. But to say she doesn't have a "gender identity" is wrong.

Because she does.

I know this. Bahhh, I just take sex and gender to be synonyms. I know Xion appears female due to Sora's memories of Kairi, which, btw, I think is fucking bullshit because Riku was much more traumatic for Sora than Kairi.

Well, in that regard of the game, it's what is expected. Let's not start to deviate the topic on that one. You can make a thread discussing that sort of unfairness. I suppose they just wanted another "female" character to complete the Kairi cycle. We now have the usual trio of redhead, blond, and brunette. And no, not Axel, Roxas, and Xion. A lot of things in Days seemed forced to me, anyway.

I prefer it but will end up falling into the habit of calling Xion her. I'm a factually-obsessed freak.

Ah, okay.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't really hyped-up about Days and am still not & I read the plot of Days on Wikipedia after it was released in Japan. The "twist" wasn't a shock to me. I was like, "Oh. That's nice."

I've never been hyped up on Days either. I had my doubts, and some did end up coming true, which is why it didn't really impress me that much. Most of it was pointless, and Xion in itself was a character that wasted screen time when we might never see her again. At least make the fact that the members were still the same worth it. And on top of that, the trailers gave too much away to make it easy for us to summarize what happens. It's a good plot. But could have been better.

My hope is in BBS, truthfully.

Again, factually-obsessed. It's like when people refer to Sun as "the sun". There is only one star with that particular name, aka Sun. If anything, they should be calling it "the star". That's an example. As for being disrespectful to Xion. Pft. I hardly thought it was a ground-breaking character idea. I'll have to wait until Days to see if I actually like it or not, and until then I'll just continue being iffy on it.

As I said, I guess it's fine. You just need to be careful in the tone you use it, cause some might find it an offensive. Xion as a character was well thought out, as well as her name, but that's as far as it goes to me. It was an unneeded complication. Don't want to drift into that topic, since my opinion it's pretty much posted on the Xion: Love or Hate thread. Love. Hate. Guess the negativity wasn't expected. I didn't either. I'm pretty neutral with the character and what she brings to the series. I used to hate her guts, but the game managed to make it better a little, I'll give it that.

Some fans are too fannish.

The gang up for that one word of "it" was amazing, I'll tell you that.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Well, in that regard of the game, it's what is expected. Let's not start to deviate the topic on that one. You can make a thread discussing that sort of unfairness. I suppose they just wanted another "female" character to complete the Kairi cycle. We now have the usual trio of redhead, blond, and brunette. And no, not Axel, Roxas, and Xion. A lot of things in Days seemed forced to me, anyway.

Yeah, sorry if I seem to deviate but I have to say that I think it's ridiculous how all the main female characters resemble Kairi. I mean, Xion, alright, whatever, that I understand. Naminé, alright, okay. But Aqua? Pft no. I'm surprised people haven't come up with theories about how Aqua is inside Kairi or some shit like that. Bah, ranting.

I've never been hyped up on Days either. I had my doubts, and some did end up coming true, which is why it didn't really impress me that much. Most of it was pointless, and Xion in itself was a character that wasted screen time when we might never see her again.
I thought the idea of Xion was fucking ridiculous. I'm sorry, but there were thirteen+ other characters that were more interesting and relevant than Xion. I mean, people say Xion's the reason Roxas can dual-wield, and I will always contest that. A reason is something that's pre-determined, not thought of in ten fucking minutes after a group brain-storming session. Xion's story is weak as shit, is a poor replica of Repliku's tale, is guessable a mile-off and blatantly sucks donkey dick. I wanted to learn more about other characters, not some half-hashed idea. Even Demyx is more interesting than Xion. I have a feeling I am not going to like Xion at all. & I hope she stays dead.

At least make the fact that the members were still the same worth it. And on top of that, the trailers gave too much away to make it easy for us to summarize what happens. It's a good plot. But could have been better.
In walks № XIV & I thought it was the cheesiest & most obvious thing ever. There could have been so many other & better reasons for Roxas leaving Organisation XIII.

Xion as a character was well thought out, as well as her name, but that's as far as it goes to me.
Repliku
№ II.
It was an unneeded complication.
Agree.

But I guess you can't help but drift into other topics.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, sorry if I seem to deviate but I have to say that I think it's ridiculous how all the main female characters resemble Kairi. I mean, Xion, alright, whatever, that I understand. Naminé, alright, okay. But Aqua? Pft no. I'm surprised people haven't come up with theories about how Aqua is inside Kairi or some shit like that. Bah, ranting.

As a matter of fact, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the account of the female characters. It's one of my biggest and main complaints about the series amongst Axel being whored to oblivion and back. It's just awful. It's like an obvious expectation that if you don't look like Kairi now you won't be worth the screen time at all, or die without any more depth. Which is incredibly ridiculous and disappointing, considering what Olette and Larxene are. It's gotten me annoyed, and it still irritates me. All the Kairi cloning it's getting too stupid. Can't they make an important female character, who's different, and does not resemble Kairi in a crucial role? Or is it that impossible to fathom? And at the same time, they ignore to develop the said original Kairi. And now Sora, and his many births, is getting out of hand as well. What's next, his energy?

It's amazing in the worst way.

But that's another topic.

I thought the idea of Xion was fucking ridiculous. I'm sorry, but there were thirteen+ other characters that were more interesting and relevant than Xion. I mean, people say Xion's the reason Roxas can dual-wield, and I will always contest that. A reason is something that's pre-determined, not thought of in ten fucking minutes after a group brain-storming session. Xion's story is weak as shit, is a poor replica of Repliku's tale, is guessable a mile-off and blatantly sucks donkey dick. I wanted to learn more about other characters, not some half-hashed idea. Even Demyx is more interesting than Xion. I have a feeling I am not going to like Xion at all. & I hope she stays dead.

And again, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I find Xion completely and utterly pointless to the overall series. Even the hints in Days that fit into BBS, among other things, have nothing to do with her minus Xemnas and that one point of being seen as Ven by Xigbar. Took the words right out of my mouth, and it's what I've felt throughout the whole thing. Except that my hate or dislike isn't there anymore, and I became susceptible to the character. I mean, there's nothing much you can do. She was created, the game came out, and it is, what it is.

In walks № XIV & I thought it was the cheesiest & most obvious thing ever. There could have been so many other & better reasons for Roxas leaving Organisation XIII.

There were. All Xion did was plant the question in his head, which isn't much. The Organization, the members, most preferably Saïx, Axel's own secrets and Roxas's mistrust of him in the long run, as well as him going to other worlds, and questioning the Organization's actions was all a much greater part of it. Roxas didn't even leave because Xion did. He decided that on his own with the other factors. Hmm. Guess my opinion changed on that a bit from my rant before now.

Repliku № II.

Agree once more.

Found him a much more sad character, and his tale was much more tragic. And it didn't have to take the whole game of CoM to get that feeling. Part of my rant in the Xion: Love or Hate.

Agree.

But I guess you can't help but drift into other topics.

Yeah, you can't xD.

But I think we got the point of what Xion is, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back