• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion's birth in the novels?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse

you look atrocious
Look who's posting a theory. o: I know, I know. I rape theories more than I ever do post them, but I thought that this was too much of a coincidence to not share it.

Alright, as Rain kindly pointed out in the Novel Translation thread [link], Zexion reported to having heard screams from Vexen's lab, most likely if not caused by his experiment with creating a 'puppet out of memories'. Rain believes that this means that 1) Vexen may have used a base for the experiment and 2) This may have just described Xion's birth, folks! D:

Now for the coincidence part of the theory. Several months ago, in November of last year to be exact, when Xion was first revealed I came up with a sort of crack theory if you will:

Xion was a replica of sorts created by Vexen per Xemnas' orders so that the Organization would have not just one, but two Keyblade Wielding members.

This can possibly tie in together with Vexen's experiment to create a 'puppet out of memories' and the base that he used.
While the base could easily have been Aqua (it could explain why she looked like Kairi without actually being related to Kairi), the base could also just have been really any lesser Nobody that happened to come along.
The 'puppet of memories' could just so easily be retconned to be Xion (considering they weren't really thinking of her at the time) and would serve to explain why she'd be so easily affected by Sora's memories flowing out.

Fire up your torches and flame away. :D

Muse

you look atrocious
Is there anything to prove that she wasn't?

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
I thought she was born in the Room of Awakening, and not many knew the location of it because Xemnas was searching for it.... but I'm a little slow on my Days news lately. I like the theory, but the Room of Awakening seems to be the most likely place for her to be born because of the name and mystery of it. But of course this can change when Days comes out though.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
^ She was probably just going there to meet with Riku and/or Namine.

Alright, as Rain kindly pointed out in the Novel Translation thread [link], Zexion reported to having heard screams from Vexen's lab, most likely if not caused by his experiment with creating a 'puppet out of memories'. Rain believes that this means that 1) Vexen may have used a base for the experiment and 2) This may have just described Xion's birth, folks! D:

Whoa.

If this is true, that's pretty clever of them. I always just assumed that it was talking about Riku Replica, before he'd managed to get his hands on Riku's data.

Xion was a replica of sorts created by Vexen per Xemnas' orders so that the Organization would have not just one, but two Keyblade Wielding members.

Possible. And keep in mind, this part in the novels happens before or right around the time that Roxas is born, so maybe Xemnas didn't know that a true Keyblade-wielding member was possible, and that's why he wanted Vexen to experiment with an artificial one.

This can possibly tie in together with Vexen's experiment to create a 'puppet out of memories' and the base that he used.
While the base could easily have been Aqua (it could explain why she looked like Kairi without actually being related to Kairi), the base could also just have been really any lesser Nobody that happened to come along.
The 'puppet of memories' could just so easily be retconned to be Xion (considering they weren't really thinking of her at the time) and would serve to explain why she'd be so easily affected by Sora's memories flowing out.

Fire up your torches and flame away. :D

I love it. Mainly because it would give Vexen a more important role in the game. But it would also explain why Saix would be opposed to her joining the Organization. This is an interesting theory.

But there is one problem: Riku's insistence that Xion "go back" to the way that she was. And I feel like that last scene in the latest trailer heavily implies that she did just that. If she had an Original Self, how could she be a Vexen creation?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Whoa.

If this is true, that's pretty clever of them. I always just assumed that it was talking about Riku Replica, before he'd managed to get his hands on Riku's data.

Ah, but as I pointed out in the novel translations thread - Data =\= Memories. They're tied, it would seem, or more precisely, Data can be constructed from Memories, but they are hardly one and the same.
In the novel piece I brought up for attention, Vexen was said to specifically deal with Memories, not Data. Hence, while it might've served as basis for Repliku, it seems to be some other research that we had described.

I love it. Mainly because it would give Vexen a more important role in the game. But it would also explain why Saix would be opposed to her joining the Organization. This is an interesting theory.

We're pleased you enjoyed it :"3

But there is one problem: Riku's insistence that Xion "go back" to the way that she was. And I feel like that last scene in the latest trailer heavily implies that she did just that. If she had an Original Self, how could she be a Vexen creation?

You're forgetting that was a mis-translation. He never ever said anything about an original self - he told her to go back to where she belonged/where she had to return to. As far as we know, he could've been talking about the Organization to keep her from being labeled a traitor and thus erased.

I thought Xion wasn't born in Vexen's lab?

She could've been born in his lab - once he moved into Castle Oblivion. There, he could bring his research into fruition due to the added data they could get inside the castle itself.

Needless to say, Rali, I support this theory ;3

Last edited:

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Then, I have nothing more to object to. Yay!

Also, in regards to Castle Oblivion, wasn't there a scan released that showed her with Axel at CO, and she was telling him that stuff was coming back to her? Could that add or detract to this theory in any way? Especially because Vexen had a lab there?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Then, I have nothing more to object to. Yay!

:D

Also, in regards to Castle Oblivion, wasn't there a scan released that showed her with Axel at CO, and she was telling him that stuff was coming back to her? Could that add or detract to this theory in any way? Especially because Vexen had a lab there?

She could've been born in his lab - once he moved into Castle Oblivion. There, he could bring his research into fruition due to the added data they could get inside the castle itself.

Way I see it, if it affects this at all (due to the castle's nature with Memories being the affecting factor), I think it'd add to this theory, if indeed that was the lab she was born in, thanks to the progress he made with his research inside the castle and with Namine being a test subject (which did happen for a while before Sora was lured over, and possibly - because Sora was lured over).

Lord_Marluxia

Website
www.marluxiasrose.deviantart.com
I most agree, But I most desagree, Because its a lovely theory in here and it makes a lot of sense, but, Vexen Creating Xion, OK its pausible, BUT BASING IN WHICH MEMORIES? cuz roxas had none, and sora... If Xion was creating during CoM its pausible but before,... Its hard to belive, But still I love this its perfect, BUT the time factor affects this and also the memories, Namine and Roxas had none, so He could get them from sora or Even Riku... So this points xion was created in early begnings Of Com!

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I most agree, But I most desagree, Because its a lovely theory in here and it makes a lot of sense, but, Vexen Creating Xion, OK its pausible, BUT BASING IN WHICH MEMORIES? cuz roxas had none, and sora... If Xion was creating during CoM its pausible but before,... Its hard to belive, But still I love this its perfect, BUT the time factor affects this and also the memories, Namine and Roxas had none, so He could get them from sora or Even Riku... So this points xion was created in early begnings Of Com!

You're forgetting that going by the trailers, Xion's being took a while to "stabilize". She was hooded for a while, then a Kairi lookalike, and now she seemingly changed again. Also, the Keyblade took a while to materialize, and it's not until she took off her hood and "woke up" from something that she looked like Kairi and had a Keyblade.
She could've been a sort of a vessel that absorbed Memories as they came, and amongst other things was placed next to Roxas to stop Sora's Memories from affecting him.
No problems here.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
The only thing that I have an objection to, and bare with me if it was said somewhere, because I'm just too tired to read through all of the comments, but....

You say that Vexen created Xion to be another Keyblade-wielding Nobody. Sort of like a Riku Replica.

If he's her creator, then how is she able to wield a keyblade? Surely the keyblade chooses its master.

That would make the keyblade she wields a fake, which would tie into what Riku told her about it.

However, if it's fake, then what was the point of making her, if she wouldn't be able to use a proper keyblade to release hearts?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It being fake ties in to what Saix said about her at one point, that she Doesn't have what it takes to be in the Organization

If the Keyblade's the only reason she's in, and, well, it's fake - too bad.
Though personally I think that with them aiming at Sora and Roxas, they were probably hoping that the type of existence Xion has would let her eventually wield - which ties in possibly with her getting more than just Memories from SoRo.

Muse

you look atrocious
You should have read the link, LiLo. D:

The Keyblade, as theorized before, is a result of Sora's memories flowing into Xion. These memories affected her and resulted in a Keyblade.

But also take note, that was the theory I made (the one saying she was a replica created to wield a Keyblade) back in November right when she was first revealed. That was put there because it coincides with what Rain pointed out in the translation thread. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back