• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xions Appearance?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost

i understand that she looks are based off of soras memories of kairi but why does every one see her as a different person if her appearace us off soras memory of kairi?
Roxas-xion with kairi's looks at the end sora
Axel-at first a faceless person then with kairi's looks
xigbar-Ven
riku-im guessing sora
saix faceless
xemnas- i think sora

I scoured the Ultimania interviews and some others on Days here on KHInsider and I found this:
- Xion's outside form changes depending on who is looking at her. Is what we see in the game the same as what Roxas is seeing?
Ishida: Well, to be more accurate what we see is "Sora's memories of Kairi that are flowing into Roxas." Then it widens to include Axel and Xigbar, and finally after Xion's "self" took on a life of it's own we see her as a different person. Xigbar calls her "Puu-chan", which comes from the French word "Poupee", meaning doll.
Sato: Really? And here I thought he saw her as Winnie the Pooh (laugh)
Ishida: We made it look like different people were seeing her differently by using cut-scenes of her both wearing and not wearing her hood. When she is speaking with Saix, or others who don't see her as a girl, she is wearing her hood. We had to intrude on h.a.n.d to explain to the people working in Events the rules of how she should look.
-- At first I was surprised, I thought it was a bug.
Sato: Everyone thinks that (laugh)

Roxas sees a girl because of Sora's memories of Kairi, and this happened because Xion essentially "stole" Sora's memories from Roxas.

Since Xion was initially faceless, she had no face no matter who looked at her. Axel probably saw a girl once Roxas began treating her like it, or once she began to form her own identity(both of those things happened around the same time).

For Xigbar:
-- Xion looked like "him" in Xigbar's eyes (see here), so why did he also treat her as a girl?
Nomura: First of all, Xigbar didn't always see Xion as "him", it's more like he appeared just at that moment. He always sees Roxas treating her as a girl, so he just goes along with that. There's no need to give Roxas doubts, and the way he called her "Puu-chan (Doll)" from the start was just joking around, typical for a guy like him.

For Riku I don't really know why, I assumed he saw Xion and freaked out because she looked so much like Kairi.

Saix only ever saw Xion as a puppet, so to him she was always faceless, and not even a she, as he constantly referred to her as "it".

I don't think the game ever specified or even hinted at what Xemnas saw her as, I would really just assume a girl like Roxas sees her.

I did my best to answer your question, but feel free to broswe here if you seek further answers: Interviews - 358/2 Days - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Xemnas says he saw Xion as "him" sometimes, that's left up to interpretation as it could mean Sora or Ventus.

Axel saw Namine at first, and if the manga is anything to go by Riku first saw Xion as Kairi exactly.

Londyn

Awards
I always figured that since she shared Sora's memories, Riku saw her as Sora.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Everyone sees Xion differently based on their connection to her/sora. Reading through the secret reports of days and some in game scenes you'll see that many seen her differently.

Like Axel initially saw her as Namine and then later the black haired form.
Roxas always seen her as she appears, the black haired look.
Xemnas mentions seeing her as Sora sometimes and possibly someone else.
Saix sees nothing but a puppet
And as we all know Xigbar sees ventus in her some times.

It really just varies. And since everyone refers to Xion as "she" in-game it can be taken to mean that as she developed a mind of her own and absorbed sora's memories more that she began to take on her blacked haired look more often to others since that's how she saw herself.

That's largely just theory though but one I always found that had some ground of possibility.

Last edited:

DefiantHeart

Awards
I personally thought this was one of the more interesting aspects of Kingdom Hearts. Don't forget DDD, when Sora sees her as her black-haired self. Still don't really know what that was about, since she was gone before Sora woke up, but guessing it was Roxas's memory with the indication of the tear again. How Roxas still retained her memory is kinda odd too...

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The black haired incarnation was probably also how she saw herself, and thus her presence in Sora's heart would reflect that. At the very least, Xion made Sora aware that she's in there and that something horrible happened to her.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ That's likely the case, despite how everyone else saw her, Xion seen herself as that black haired form and it's only natural that's the form her heart or dream self would take.

RoxasFrost

So, when Xigbar said Xion was pretty, he saw Ven? o_O
Alrighty then, not weird at all.
( yes it is...)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
So, when Xigbar said Xion was pretty, he saw Ven? o_O
Alrighty then, not weird at all.
( yes it is...)

Xigbar didn't always see Xion as Ventus. Besides, there's a reason why he kept referring to Xion as a "she" instead of "he" or "it" when Roxas was around; he knew of the Replica Program, yet he did that so as to prevent Roxas from getting suspicious of her true identity.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Xigbar didn't always see Xion as Ventus. Besides, there's a reason why he kept referring to Xion as a "she" instead of "he" or "it" when Roxas was around; he knew of the Replica Program, yet he did that so as to prevent Roxas from getting suspicious of her true identity.

This however doesn't explain how the other members who didn't know of the program also referred to her as a "she".
Perhaps as she developed a mind of her own, the more often she'd appear as a she to others with the occasional sora, ventus, kairi, namine thrown in.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
This however doesn't explain how the other members who didn't know of the program also referred to her as a "she".
Perhaps as she developed a mind of her own, the more often she'd appear as a she to others with the occasional sora, ventus, kairi, namine thrown in.

That should be correct, which may be attributed to her ever-growing sense of self. It was only at the revelation of the Replica Program that Xemnas told Xaldin and the others that Xion was actually an "it", not "she", which led to the members leaving the room with seemingly disparaging remarks.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I like to think that her base personality came from the heart within her that grew from Roxas.

The real question is where does the black hair come from; no one ever seems to agree with me in that it has some hidden meaning.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I like to think that her base personality came from the heart within her that grew from Roxas.

The real question is where does the black hair come from; no one ever seems to agree with me in that it has some hidden meaning.

I'm not quite sure myself, but I think that by seemingly having not come from anywhere, the black hair serves as a sign of her identity that emphasises her uniqueness.

That said, I'm not saying that you can't be unique by being a melting pot of everyone's features. Roxas, for example, has Ventus' hairstyle and Sora's body, but he's a unique individual altogether because of his own heart.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That should be correct, which may be attributed to her ever-growing sense of self. It was only at the revelation of the Replica Program that Xemnas told Xaldin and the others that Xion was actually an "it", not "she", which led to the members leaving the room with seemingly disparaging remarks.
Exactly, up till that point every member assumed Xion was actually a "she". As the other members hadn't come across Sora himself yet, aside Xemnas and Axel, none of them had connections to him either which is what causes her appearance to vary to Xemnas and Xigbar.

It doesn't really matter where it came from only that as she developed she began to take on her own shape more.

I'm not gonna say there isn't no deep meaning but I can't think of what the meaning would be.

I'm not quite sure myself, but I think that by seemingly having not come from anywhere, the black hair serves as a sign of her identity that emphasizes her uniqueness.

That said, I'm not saying that you can't be unique by being a melting pot of everyone's features. Roxas, for example, has Ventus' hairstyle and Sora's body, but he's a unique individual altogether because of his own heart.
I can get behind that. Honestly there are many times when there may not be a deep meaning perhaps she has black hair simply because.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Story wise I don't think it has to do with anything (though if somebody wants to make a theory or believes Nomura will explain it, go on ahead) The development reason she has black hair is because Tomoco Kanemaki requested for a black haired female lol

Gram

Banned
Awards
Story wise I don't think it has to do with anything (though if somebody wants to make a theory or believes Nomura will explain it, go on ahead) The development reason she has black hair is because Tomoco Kanemaki requested for a black haired female lol
lol Isn't that the reason she exists at all?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I'm not quite sure myself, but I think that by seemingly having not come from anywhere, the black hair serves as a sign of her identity that emphasises her uniqueness.

I'd just say that Roxas is a complete physical clone of Ven, actually (bar the clothes, obviously). If personality would set them apart in this case, then why couldn't Vanitas have brown hair? KH isn't the kind of series that would abandon consistency for style.

It doesn't really matter where it came from only that as she developed she began to take on her own shape more.
Which coincidentally began around the same time she began to truly bond with Roxas. I get what you mean, though.

I never fully believed in that quote; it really doesn't make any sense to me why they would differentiate two lookalikes for no in-universe reason (I'll take Roxas' and Ven's clothes because clothes aren't "inherent").

Rather, I've always thought that black hair was a result of a medium between two characters. Xion can look like Kairi because of Sora's memories, but only by having Roxas as a medium. Vanitas can look like Sora because of Sora's connection to Ven, but only by having Ven as a medium. They're not the same exact cases, but I don't think they have to be.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Which coincidentally began around the same time she began to truly bond with Roxas. I get what you mean, though.
I just view them as one and the same. To develop and heart and mindset of your own you need such bonds and experiences.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'd just say that Roxas is a complete physical clone of Ven, actually (bar the clothes, obviously). If personality would set them apart in this case, then why couldn't Vanitas have brown hair? KH isn't the kind of series that would abandon consistency for style.

You've got a point here, although as for consistency...

Rather, I've always thought that black hair was a result of a medium between two characters. Xion can look like Kairi because of Sora's memories, but only by having Roxas as a medium. Vanitas can look like Sora because of Sora's connection to Ven, but only by having Ven as a medium. They're not the same exact cases, but I don't think they have to be.

Roxas, too, looks like Ventus because of the connection between Ventus and Sora, and he was born with Sora as his medium. Going by your theory, shouldn't Roxas have had black hair as well?

Of course, unlike Vanitas, Roxas is a Nobody, and a highly special one at that. However, Xion, being a Replica, is a special type of Nobody as well, yet is black-haired just like Vanitas despite being closer, definition-wise, to Roxas.

Addendum: If you look closely, Roxas isn't a complete clone of Ventus. Roxas' brown eyebrows match Sora's instead of Ventus', which are blonde.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back