• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion's #1!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
...no, seriously. XD

This arose from a debate about the possible anagram behind Xion's name. During a debate on my favorite meaning of 'No I' in the sense of lacking a self, as it fits Xion's identity crisis, possible other meanings arose. The most interesting one I found to be was that the I was in fact a number - 1.

Now, this actually ties in when we remember that a #1 wasn't really ever properly introduced into the Organization, ironically. Xemnas is the superior. But that's besides my point.

My point is that we don't know when Xion was born, let alone when she was found. We only know when she was brought into the Organization - a date that has no relevance what-so-ever to the other two dates of importance.

What's keeping Xion from being born as early on as Xehanort's time?

Ansem Report 2 said:
It is my duty to expose what this darkness really is. I shall conduct the following experiments:

- Extract the darkness from a person's heart.
- Cultivate darkness in a pure heart.
- Both suppress and amplify the darkness within.

The experiments caused the test subject's heart to collapse, including those of the most stalwart. How fragile our hearts are! My treatment produced no signs of recovery. I confined those who had completely lost their hearts beneath the castle.

Some time later, I went below and was greeted by the strangest sight. Creatures that seemed born of darkness... What are they? Are they truly sentient beings? Could they be the shadows of those who lost their hearts in my experiments?

We know that Xehanort created the first Heartless. This took place before he arguably became one himself.
We also know that he likes to brand his experiments.

Ansem Report 8 said:
This may be a step toward creating a heart from nothing. The artificially and naturally created Heartless showed nearly identical traits. But the two types remain distinct for the purpose of the experiment. So, I will mark the ones that are created artificially.

He seems to be very thorough and orderly.
It makes sense then that should he would number a precious, most important test subject.
The first test subject.

Test Subject #1.
No. 1.
No. I.
Xion.

Her distorted Memories, as well as presumed changing appearance could easily have been results of the experiments. Also, it would've been a decade since. We know Nobodies could revert to lesser forms or eventually disappear, fade away. Axel said as much about not wanting to become a Dusk.
What if Xion's appearance was distorted through the experiments, that in the presence of Roxas's Memories she finally managed to regain a sense of self, even one not her own? It not being her true self she was becoming, and her Memories being long gone, it would also tie in with the other possible and somewhat more visible "No I" meaning, and the overall identity crisis.

Now here is where I start tying the cute girl to Aqua and laugh while you all roll your eyes at me.

We know Aqua relates to the time of BBS. The time of BBS is the time of Xehanort's birth. And if he's half as related to Terra as we think he is, Aqua'd no doubt seek him out. Insert chance of captivity and her becoming a test subject. Her being both a Keyblade Wielder and a person of presumed immense strength of Heart, I can see him leaping at the opportunity to 'have his way' with her.

Eventually, however, poor Aqua'll lose herself due to the experiments... and will be put away beneath the castle.

And that's where the Room of Sleep is, where we also see Xemnas walk in to - to find Aqua's armor safe inside.

I liked this theory for a while, but now, it somewhat ties in if we say that's her name's meaning :D
Discuss!

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
There's no I in team.

lulz, this means Xion was not a team player!

Nameless

I lost you there. Why would she regain a sense of self in the presence of Roxas's memories?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I lost you there. Why would she regain a sense of self in the presence of Roxas's memories?

Memories are what makes up a Nobody aside from a 'sense of self'. With Xion's sense of self so corrupted over time, Roxas's Memories going highwire, possibly through Ven-Aqua relations, would eventually give her something to hold onto.
And if the Memories that leaked out were Ven's Memories of Aqua's, they'd actually be Aqua's own Memories as well. The reason why everyone had to forget Sora was because them remembering him was hindering his recovery. So Ven in Roxas remembering Aqua would eventually let Aqua regain herself, because he'd be remembering her for her.

Nameless

Gotcha. That actually makes perfect sense. Once again Rain, thank you for your brilliance.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Wouldnt Experiment #1 would be rank 1 in the organization.

1) I already somewhat referenced it. Xemnas is the Superior, not really ever referred to as #1 XD
2) She's Experiment #1, but she only joined the Organization after Roxas did. Hence, #14.

Gotcha. That actually makes perfect sense. Once again Rain, thank you for your brilliance.

:"3~

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Why would she join after Roxas did, considering the fact that she was the first one to be made.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
1) Xemnas's call, it would seem.
2) She wasn't in a state to join in. She needed to be affected by Roxas's Memories to regain a form of a sense of self first, and only then she was in 'shape' to join.

And yet, the question remains: What would be Xemnas's motif for inducting an experiment, formerly Aqua, into the Organization?
Roxas would have slayed Heartless on his command blindly without the support of somebody tied to him, and I see no reason for Xemnas to help Aqua regain her former being. If anything, allowing Aqua's heart/memory to repair itself would only arise to further conflict, and quite possibly rebellion, considering that Aqua could very well have been slain by Xehanort.

Muse

you look atrocious
I like it. XD;;

Though Ordeith raises a good point.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And yet, the question remains: What would be Xemnas's motif for inducting an experiment, formerly Aqua, into the Organization?
Roxas would have slayed Heartless on his command blindly without the support of somebody tied to him, and I see no reason for Xemnas to help Aqua regain her former being.

1) One extra Keyblade never hurt.
2) His own Memories. If by restoring Aqua he could restore his Memories of her - which we see he at least has a clue about by calling her armor 'friend' - that's more than enough motive for him to go along with it.

A

Audo

I think it can be surmised that the only reason Xion was kept in the Org was because she could use the Keyblade.
So, that would definitely be an incentive as to why Xemnas would induct her.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Eh this is real iffy to me. 1 and the letter "I" are completely different things, you can't simple replace one with the other just because they look alike.

Nameless

Even so, replacing I with 1 is something Xehanort (and Nomura for that matter) would do

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
And yet all the numbers in the Organization, starting from its very name and down to the members' numbers are written in that sort of numeric convention.
That is true then it wouldn't be Org. XIII now would it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back