• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

furusatoe

I just finished the game last night and have some questions about how Xion is utilized in this game. Note that I have only watched the cutscene movie of Days, which may be why I'm confused.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

furusatoe

Actually I lied, I did tear up during the reunion scene, but I think it had more to do with Xion's theme playing - which just breaks me - than it did with the effectiveness of what was happening on screen.

Kaweebo

Awards
I agree. Really, I was expecting more of there being several events in order to save Xion and Roxas, like there was with Ventus and aqua. Instead, Xion and Roxas just get kinda shoved in during the final fights (which, the entire Keyblade Graveyard is loads of hit and miss story points that either don’t make sense or are just poor writing, even for this series. I did feel a distinctive lack of gut-punching moments during a lot of these, and the only reason the ice cream trio reuniting was moving at all was solely due to the voice acting and music, not how the plot got them there.

furusatoe

Spoiler Spoiler Show

deScourge

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Very interesting point here.
Still not clear if she travelled time or was remade, or something else.

Also, it's not clear when she 'left' Sora's heart.
So many questions around this fanservice comeback.

btw, I don't understand why the SPOILER tags if we are in the Spoilers Section.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
btw, I don't understand why the SPOILER tags if we are in the Spoilers Section.
Because...

1. Not everyone who visits the spoiler section have finished the game yet, and have every right to talk about the parts they do know while being able to avoid the parts they don't.

2. It's possible to accidentally click on them as threads from the spoiler section can show up on the forum's main page if it has the most recent post. One of them is right now as of typing this.

3. There's probably another reason but I forgot.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
From my understanding:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wallflower3582

Spoiler Spoiler Show

NXRevolution

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Thoughts?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts III secret report by Ienzo gives the answer. With the replica program being successful, a stowaway heart needs two conditions to be personified as real as people. Firstly, it needs an empty body to trabsfer and host it's heart in, and secondly (this is the key element), a spark is required to trigger memories to reclaim its identity.

Xion fitted both these criterias as Vexen created the Xion replica on Master Xehanort's request, and Xemnas ironically triggered her memory. Sora was the key to completing it again. Same goes for Roxas.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Kingdom Hearts III secret report by Ienzo gives the answer. With the replica program being successful, a stowaway heart needs two conditions to be personified as real as people. Firstly, it needs an empty body to trabsfer and host it's heart in, and secondly (this is the key element), a spark is required to trigger memories to reclaim its identity.

Xion fitted both these criterias as Vexen created the Xion replica on Master Xehanort's request, and Xemnas ironically triggered her memory. Sora was the key to completing it again. Same goes for Roxas.
All of this is pretty much foreshadowed during the game and what some of the 'norts are trying to accomplish in some worlds.

Onion Knight

Kingdom Hearts III is supposed to be the All-Star kind of game in the franchise. "Everyone is here!"

furusatoe

Alright, we may have an explanation as to how Xion's memory of herself and other's memories of her resurfaced but . . . is anyone else disappointed in how Xion didn't surface AT ALL - either in dialogue or cutscene - until this moment? (Setting aside Axel's hallucination.) I dunno, it just seems like there needs to be some buildup moments to really make this reunion work on the level it wants to. See TAV for comparison in my previous post.

Like, I think it's possible to have not played BBS or 0.2 and still more or less feel what is at stake with TAV and why they're important. They get a lot of focus in KH3. But with RAX, I think it's basically impossible to understand why they're important or feel invested in their reunion without the context of Days. There is virtually no buildup for them in KH3.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Alright, we may have an explanation as to how Xion's memory of herself and other's memories of her resurfaced but . . . is anyone else disappointed in how Xion didn't surface AT ALL - either in dialogue or cutscene - until this moment? (Setting aside Axel's hallucination.) I dunno, it just seems like there needs to be some buildup moments to really make this reunion work on the level it wants to. See TAV for comparison in my previous post.

Like, I think it's possible to have not played BBS or 0.2 and still more or less feel what is at stake with TAV and why they're important. They get a lot of focus in KH3. But with RAX, I think it's basically impossible to understand why they're important or feel invested in their reunion without the context of Days. There is virtually no buildup for them in KH3.

During Axel and Kairi's training, we see Lea looking at Kairi, which transitions to a vision of Xion. Lea cries in response. For newcomers, that makes them aware that this short haired brunette is somebody important to him. Roxas is also built up, as Sora's initial goal was to bring him back, and Axel reffers to him in the clocktower.

Back