• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Agreed. I don't think most of us hate her soley because of the lack of Org development. It's moreso her being a one-dimensional character, her role as a failed plot device, and what her presence did to the plot and other character (Days!Riku vs KH2!Riku, KH1!Riku, and CoM!Riku, anyone?). There are so many reasons, and we don't hate her for one reason alone; we hate her for ALL of those reasons put TOGETHER.

You know what we should do then? We should parade around with the key to waking a person up, and brush her bangs while our best friend is in a coma. But I just feel so sorry for that clone D:, despite that this is our second meeting.

In all seriousness, though, I guess the one section complaint on the lack of Organization development is the easiest to battle. But honestly, I settle that unfairness to the game itself, just to add to the list of reasons of why I hate 358/2 Days. I'm more appalled that Xion took the role out of the main character: what did Roxas do again, other than write in diaries and whine about what's happening around him instead of bringing about things himself?

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I don't think Xion was necessarily 'one dimensional'. But Nomura basically threw us a protagonist that we essentially had a little over -- what? 20 hours? -- to get to know. Her role itself gives her more than one dimension, we simply aren't given enough time to appreciate or truly grasp the importance of it.

Personally, I found her personality to be very flat, with no development.

You know what we should do then? We should parade around with the key to waking a person up, and brush her bangs while our best friend is in a coma. But I just feel so sorry for that clone D:, despite that this is our second meeting.

OMG YES. ;w; It's so clear now! Poor Xi-Xi!

In all seriousness, though, I guess the one section complaint on the lack of Organization development is the easiest to battle. But honestly, I settle that unfairness to the game itself, just to add to the list of reasons of why I hate 358/2 Days. I'm more appalled that Xion took the role out of the main character: what did Roxas do again, other than write in diaries and whine about what's happening around him instead of bringing about things himself?

OH OH OH! I KNOW THIS ONE! *BUUUZZZZ* What is nothing? 8D

*cough* Roxas was the same person going in as he was going out. He acted like a little kid. >.> In KH2, I got the impression he was tempermental, but mature and smart enough to know exactly what was going on, details and all, and made his decisions based on all of the knowledge of the situation he had. In Days, he was a dipshit who didn't know WTF he was doing, no understanding of the situations he was presented with, but making rash decisions about them anyway.

Last edited:

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

One thing I want to point out is that Xion is a puppet, thereby almost completely hindering much room for development. She was created right? And she was created during the game. Her personality is flat because she's essentially flat, she's an empty shell. If Nomura had given her a prominent understandable personality, it would've been overwhelming and confusing.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
One thing I want to point out is that Xion is a puppet, thereby almost completely hindering much room for development. She was created right? And she was created during the game. Her personality is flat because she's essentially flat, she's an empty shell. If Nomura had given her a prominent understandable personality, it would've been overwhelming and confusing.

Here's the thing: Repliku was also a puppet and had more development in his role as a SIDE CHARACTER than Xion had in an entire game! o_O
Not to mention that, if what you say IS actually true (that being a puppet means pretty much no development and a flat personality), then why have her steal the entire game? It just makes the "plot" even more pointless and boring than it already was. :/

Clarkie

Her personality is flat because she's essentially flat, she's an empty shell. If Nomura had given her a prominent understandable personality, it would've been overwhelming and confusing.

I agree with this to some extent; Xion was meant to collect hearts - her personality (or lack thereof) is a defect. At least that's what I've convinced myself.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Here's the thing: Repliku was also a puppet and had more development in his role as a SIDE CHARACTER than Xion had in an entire game! o_O
Not to mention that, if what you say IS actually true (that being a puppet means pretty much no development and a flat personality), then why have her steal the entire game? It just makes the "plot" even more pointless and boring than it already was. :/

Repliku and Xion are different puppets. Repliku was built with already placed goals and wants, he was implanted with false memories and programmed to assume and reach a certain goal so when he's introduced we already know what he wants and what he will do to obtain it. Xion on the other hand started as a clean slate. If you remember when she's first brought into the game she doesn't speak, nor is her face revealed. She doesn't know what she wants nor does she have any planted memories. She's given Sora's memories sure, but unlike Repliku, they weren't of her, so she didn't have much to shape herself on. Someone with a goal and determination can be a lot more easily read than someone who is confused.

It's hard for me to answer your second question because I don't feel like she steals the game.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I agree with this to some extent; Xion was meant to collect hearts - her personality (or lack thereof) is a defect. At least that's what I've convinced myself.
Well, to be more accurate: She was created to take over Roxas or steal all his abilities so they were totally at the disposal of the Organization's every command.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

I don't think being a replica excuses being a flat character :/. I found Riku Replica really critical and interesting to watch as he struggled with the issues presented to him in a realistic and selfish manner as one would in true human nature. I found his life more of a curse as well: he had nothing, and died with nothing. No memories, no good times, no real friends, not sure if what he did was even himself. He might have been implanted to reach a goal: but he broke from that, found out that the memories he had were false, and made his own decisions regardless of Vexen's desires in the long run. And the way he went about it drew me in.

It also means that the Nobodies would also be boring as they are empty shells as well with no Heart, and we know that's not the case at all. I definitely find the personalities of members much more fascinating than Xion could manage in a whole side story. There's really no "what if" to them. She's a cookie-cutter nice girl who would end up doing the right thing. They weren't developed as much, but what we do got to see, made it a good first impression. They are very dramatic and diverse characters. You don't have to imagine, like in fanfiction, who they are as people or put in what you think of your imagination into them to get attached. It's not that simple. It's the exact thing with the Organization moogle: he was funny, and his lines were charming, and it got him a fanclub. That's all it takes to captures one's attention. Xion didn't do that for me. I just thought "here's another one, typical", it was like watching Kairi with angst. It didn't help that Xion merely recycled KH2 Roxas's story (in terms of questioning existences, realizing a truth) as well as Riku Replica's - their deaths are even similar. Except Xion's more sparkly and he didn't get the privilege of dying in someone's arms who cared for him.

I think the answer to that can be seen with one question: do you think Xion, in the beginning when we got to know her, would have made the sacrifice as she did in the end? Would she be capable of not doing so with who she was? Honest to God truth here.

This goes for everyone.

OMG YES. ;w; It's so clear now! Poor Xi-Xi!

Then gallop around to keep Sora asleep it is then!

OH OH OH! I KNOW THIS ONE! *BUUUZZZZ* What is nothing? 8D

*cough* Roxas was the same person going in as he was going out. He acted like a little kid. >.> In KH2, I got the impression he was tempermental, but mature and smart enough to know exactly what was going on, details and all, and made his decisions based on all of the knowledge of the situation he had. In Days, he was a dipshit who didn't know WTF he was doing, no understanding of the situations he was presented with, but making rash decisions about them anyway.

Well, with what Coded brought to the table, despite that it's Data, it seems Roxas kept who he was in KH2 intact. We can only hope he's straightened out: it's pathetic that he drove his tutorial in KH2 more than he did his own damn game, which was 20+ hours.

I also don't get what was the point of Roxas starting from scratch as a newborn baby: Naminé, and even Xion, didn't need to go through that.

But when I wonder these sort of things, I just tell myself, "it's 358/2 Days", and leave it alone.

On the other hand, I also don't understand why getting pissed off at what you wasted money for in expectancy for something you thought would be there is slanted as so wrong. It's like saying you bought a PSP, and was excited to finally have it and play it, only to figure out it has malfunctions and you were ripped off. But you're suppose to enjoy it for what it is anyway. This goes for any object. How does that work?

Last edited:

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
what I think about Xion? she's a great charachter placed awfully wrong and she's a reason to hate days (I like that game though I haven't played it)
about day:
1. they should have made it a game where you could play as any org.xiii charachter anytime (kinda) and just clarified some stuff and made it an enterteining game without any importanse because the importans is what ruin the game, othervise the idea of playing as the org aint bad

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hate it when people get pissed that Xion 'stole' the Organisation game. You see, if the game was just bout the Organisation then the entire game would have been stalking Pete in agrabah.

A new plot device HAD to be added to that game to give it a decent plot and that plot device would be met with anger regardless.

.......Either you don't know anything about writing, or you have no imagination. Or both.

Can anyone link me to the novels + english translation, thanks.

???
^This lovely lady has done a few of the scenes; there are older translations out there apparently, but I haven't been able to find them.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
She's a Mary Sue.
She's bland and uninteresting.
She makes Riku's character look bad.
Her constant fainting just for Roxas to worry over her annoys me.
Her tradegy was forced on us.
Little to no character development (which is a waste, because like mentioned before, she's a puppet which means alot of potential development. The only true development she got was going from a lifeless puppet to a sweet girl and this honestly happened too fast to be believable. :/)

I would go on, but I think everyone here took the words out of my mouth.
Some of these are probably to blame on the poor writing of Days.
But I remember Nomura saying she was supposed to be a pure and sweet girl

And, you know, if you want more info you can always go here~ 8D;
http://forums.khinsider.com/fanclubs/141920-xion-critics-club.html
One reason why people might hate her so much is because she hangs out with Roxas and Axel. A lot of yaoi fans hate her because "zomg she's getting in the middle of AkuRoku! SHE SUCKS" or it seems that way, at least.
I've actually still yet to see anyone hate Xion because she gets in the way of AkuRoku :/ (or at least, on these forums, I heard they were on dA, but idk). We have a few AkuRoku fans here that hate Xion, but NOT because she's a yaoi shield.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I also hate the fact that she made all the important decisions in Days which I thought was more about Roxas and the Organization as a whole. But Xion ended up being the heroin in the long run and Roxas was honestly, a spoiled little moody brat that didn't make any major decisions except leave the Organization but even in the game Roxas states himself: "Where would I even go? What a joke." he had no where to run and the Organization would have found him anyway. Then when he gets ready to make another huge decision, you know the one where he plans on taking on the whole Org. XIII and taking out Xemnas which in Days reveals to be Xion's goal that she put on him before she died. Before Roxas can even reach the castle to do Xion's "last wish" he can't even do THAT because Xion asked Riku to stop him. are you kidding me? for real. The Organization members were an interesting bunch in CoM because they lacked hearts and yet still had ominous and clever personalities that yeah could have been a facade according to Yen Sid but they were still facades from their past lives and these past lives would have been interesting to even shed some light on. Why the hell would Marluxia want to take over the Organization with such a passion, was Larxene always a crazy bitch? but no nothing. NOT A THING only Xion this and Xion that. Riku's character was incredibly lacking in Days. Even in KH2 he is still a cocky, smart mouthed charmer that kicks ass but in Days he is a asswhole who befriends Xion faster than ever before and acts so kind to her despite the fact that she's apart of the Organization, the Organization that he was killing off in CoM and quickly antagonized and doesn't crack one smart ass line at all. Plus when Roxas and Axel show up to find Riku and Xion together Xion goes in a dark portal and what does Riku do? He dips like he was caught on To Catch a Predator or something or he was caught on Cheaters. Days had potential but going about it which I call the Xion method just killed it. I don't even consider it apart of my KH love children, I disowned it. Honestly without Days you can still go about KH2 with a better liking of Roxas and how he got to the data world and BBS explains itself about other things. Repliku was by far my favorite puppet and to be honest, if they included him in Days maybe MAYBE it could have been worth the space it took up on my R4

EDIT: and the Deep Dive Riku Roxas bad ass ness was all because xion threw Riku Oblivion from inside Roxas, told Riku to stop Roxas from taking on the Organization and Roxas was there anyway because Xion told him to. So technically there are three people there Riku, Roxas, AND what do you know Xion.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Riku's character was incredibly lacking in Days. Even in KH2 he is still a cocky, smart mouthed charmer that kicks ass but in Days he is a asswhole who befriends Xion faster than ever before and acts so kind to her despite the fact that she's apart of the Organization and doesn't crack one smart ass line at all.
This is why I can't stand Riku/Xion at all. It's why Riku's character in Days was ruined.

One minute, Riku and Xion are fighting. Riku calls her Keyblade a fake. Xion gets pissed and screams.
Then Riku finds her on the ground unconscious and starts brushing her bangs. And he gives her the choice if she wants to go back to Sora or not.
Riku, why are you risking your best friend for this girl you just met? He doesn't even seem like the person who would befriend people quickly, and he's definitely NOT a romantic. He seemed OOC

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I've actually still yet to see anyone hate Xion because she gets in the way of AkuRoku :/ (or at least, on these forums, I heard they were on dA, but idk). We have a few AkuRoku fans here that hate Xion, but NOT because she's a yaoi shield.

Same here; I haven't seen ANYONE, even on dA, who hates her for breaking up AkuRoku. :/ It's a rumor I really wish people would shut up about. >.> I mean, God forbid we have actual reasons to hate her, right? No, she's just so totally perfect to ever have any sane haters, but wait, she's not perfect because that's one reason why we hate her, but hold on, she's just too good to be hated, but wait, she's not too good because that's one reason why we hate her.
I, for one, HATE yaoi and AkuRoku, while I also hate Xion.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
She was Roxas' love interest in the days of the Organization. Nomura wanted a female character to be the reason why Roxas left the Organization.

I didn't like her VA, some parts it was okay, but overall...not the best.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
She was Roxas' love interest in the days of the Organization. Nomura wanted a female character to be the reason why Roxas left the Organization.

I didn't like her VA, some parts it was okay, but overall...not the best.
Which was strange seeing as the reason why he left was perfectly acceptable and logical. It almost if Nomura just wanted to throw in a girl to look like Kairi so he could have his precious "trio"

silentmusic16

well, most of my friends from the xion critic club said every thing i was going to say anyway, but i'll go on.

she's unnecessary to the overall plot of kh
nothing would've changed if days wasn't made
she monopolized the plot
annoying
mary sue
made almost every other character in days OOC
and, possibly the worst thing she did....
SHE RUINED DEEP DIVE. THERE WERE RETCONS, CONTRADICTIONS, AND SHE TALKED THROUGH OBLIVION!! HOW STUPID IS THAT?!

seriously, she totally and utterly destroyed deepdive.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Which was strange seeing as the reason why he left was perfectly acceptable and logical. It almost if Nomura just wanted to throw in a girl to look like Kairi so he could have his precious "trio"

Pretty much this. Despite Xion having some good qualities, all she was is a plot device to give Roxas motive to leave [and he didn't need it].

Xion actually an okay character when I read her in the KH wiki pages. But when you play through the game, then you don't really care much for her. I know I didn't, because there was such a long absence of her, destroyed by useless mission and useless cutscene that when I got to Xion, I did not care much any more. The structure of the story and pacing is what destroyed Xion in my opinion. There was too much padding and too much filler.

So I don't blame Xion for being a shitty character. I blame 358/2 Days for being a shitty game in which it feels like the story was nothing more than a storyboard [and a bad one at that].

Great potential Xion has, just ruined by the construction of Day's plot and pacing. And let me state this: No matter how many times you tell me 'Xion has good motives' or 'Xion has a great personality', her character failed to appeal to me because the game did not let her breathe properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back