• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Quittin Flynn, Jesse McCartney and Christopher Lee did fine.
Quinton and Jesse still had some awkward moments, imo.

And Christopher Lee just does whatever he pleases. Like hell he would bother matching the Japanese lip movements, he'd just read the lines.

Dcasd1

i never hated xion i just hated how people pushed her around and she loses like every fight

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
i never hated xion i just hated how people pushed her around and she loses like every fight
...maybe you should hate her for letting people push her around and for losing every fight, then?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
She had the potential to be a decent supporting character to Roxas who i thought would be the main character to Days btw but I guess I was kinda wrong. They could have had her as a more strong and less "i'm moody focus on me making the big decisions of the story but doesn't really make a difference cuz without me it would have been the same outcome" kinda deal. She was an alright concept to be honest. A strong female character who would be good friends with Roxas and Axel and support Roxas in his important decisions, but in reality Xion made the decisions and Roxas went along with the ride.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So what? Anyone can scream, it's not hard to do.
...wait. What? >___> Anyone can scream, but it's bloody hard to do if you're voice acting. It's not the greatest scream ever, but you have to give the girl some credit considering how hard it is. :C Sorry, had to throw that in. Anywho~

Xion is a really good character to me and I could NOT possibly hate her. She has a lot of depth and is far from just a cutout. Plus, she's really dedicated to her friends. Her theme song is really sad, too. >: But her battle song ish awesomeeeeee. :D It's also awesome that she's a girl who, for once, actually fights. xD;

One reason why people might hate her so much is because she hangs out with Roxas and Axel. A lot of yaoi fans hate her because "zomg she's getting in the middle of AkuRoku! SHE SUCKS" or it seems that way, at least.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Her VA was fine, I thought it suited her. I can honestly say that the best thing I liked about Xion was her death and her theme song. Her death was tragic and poetic, if she had gone out any other way I wouldn't have forgiven her. and after careful investigation I realized what made her death even more the beautiful WAS her theme song playing in the background.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Her VA was fine, I thought it suited her. I can honestly say that the best thing I liked about Xion was her death and her theme song. Her death was tragic and poetic, if she had gone out any other way I wouldn't have forgiven her. and after careful investigation I realized what made her death even more the beautiful WAS her theme song playing in the background.
I found that easily one of the most suited and stirring songs. A pity the themes of other characters didn't elicit such a feeling.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
∞;5153618 said:
I found that easily one of the most suited and stirring songs. A pity the themes of other characters didn't elicit such a feeling.

I thought this as well. Beautifully composed for a character like Xion and then other more impacting characters' lack in delivering the same emotion and passion. kinda sad.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
One reason why people might hate her so much is because she hangs out with Roxas and Axel. A lot of yaoi fans hate her because "zomg she's getting in the middle of AkuRoku! SHE SUCKS" or it seems that way, at least.
I think very little people actually seriously think like this.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
you actually got it all wrong. what they meant is because of Xion some people thought that the friendship protrayed in KH2 between Axel and Roxas was downgraded in Days. In KH2FM there's that scene on the clock tower that really gets as emotional as Xion's death, but in Days Roxas calls Axel backstabber, a jerk, cant be trusted, etc. there's not that much of the friendship that was hinted at before but a lot more love for Xion. but i guess some might take it as "yaoi fans hate her for getting in the middle of AkuRoku" sort of ignorant misunderstandings if you ask me really but meh :/

Last edited:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Given how that scene on the clocktower happens after Axel dies... I don't see how anyone would view it differently because of Days. It's obvious even in Kh2 that Axel and Roxas weren't on the best of terms when Roxas left.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Given how that scene on the clocktower happens after Axel dies... I don't see how anyone would view it differently because of Days. It's obvious even in Kh2 that Axel and Roxas weren't on the best of terms when Roxas left.

Like I said some people want to find a scapegoat and Xion happened to be their target. In KH2 yeah they were on bad terms but Namine's words and Axel's actions seemed to have alluded to a very strong and inseperable friendship prior to the "Nobody would miss me." scene.

Roxas: "That's me and Axel."
Namine: "You two are best friends."

Roxas: "We're best friends, right?"
Axel: "Sure. But I'm not gonna get turned into a dusk for-"

A couple of nobodies apart of a dark and bleak organization who just happened to be best friends. Something that the other members failed to do. Kidnapping Kairi, going all kamikaze in the end just for Roxas alluded to a great friendship that just really never showed in Days all too much so people scoped: target locked, Xion. I could really care less about Axel and Roxas friendship but I just thought that the entire trio was lacking a bit.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
∞;5153341 said:
Everyone has their own opinions of her. Some see her as 100% filler and of no significance, others liked how much of a genuine person she seemed, or were sympathetic to her plight and ultimate demise.

In the end, no one opinion is right or wrong.
I'm right and your wrong.

I think you're both right. Certainly the story of Days, as it exists now, would need Xion in order to work, because she's essential to the plot. But the story didn't have to be that way. There was absolutely nothing in KH2 that suggested that Roxas had been heavily influenced by a girl his age; it was just a vague idea in Nomura's head. If anything, he told us in interviews that it had to do with Roxas wanting answers to the mysteries surrounding him and Sora. All of which could have been without the involvement of a Sora clone. As I've said multiple times, Nomura had everything he needed to write a compelling story WITHOUT creating Xion: he could have focused on developing the other members and having them play a big influence on Roxas' eventual decision to leave, and he could've had Riku and DiZ serve as the antagonists.

So, yes, Xion is a necessary part of the series...now. But she was never necessary before the plot of Days was written the way it was.

robertexe

I don't hate Xion(or her VA) I just hate that Nomura made Days center too much on her instead of the Org.
This game had potential but Nomura overdid Xion in the story

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Like I said some people want to find a scapegoat and Xion happened to be their target. In KH2 yeah they were on bad terms but Namine's words and Axel's actions seemed to have alluded to a very strong and inseperable friendship prior to the "Nobody would miss me." scene.

Roxas: "That's me and Axel."
Namine: "You two are best friends."
Yeah... and you still got that feeling from Days (or I did at least)

Kidnapping Kairi
That was actually for Nami's benefit... (according to the novels anyway)

I could really care less about Axel and Roxas friendship but I just thought that the entire trio was lacking a bit.
Odd, I actually thought the trio was better than most of the trios shown so far because we actually saw some development and stuff.

ZiggyK

I hate it when people get pissed that Xion 'stole' the Organisation game. You see, if the game was just bout the Organisation then the entire game would have been stalking Pete in agrabah.

A new plot device HAD to be added to that game to give it a decent plot and that plot device would be met with anger regardless.

I don't hate Xion(or her VA) I just hate that Nomura made Days center too much on her instead of the Org.
This game had potential but Nomura overdid Xion in the story

See above.

(according to the novels anyway)

Can anyone link me to the novels + english translation, thanks.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Others hated how she became incredibly attached to Riku and other characters faster than the speed of light and such. There's a lot of stuff of why people hate Xion but it all comes down to opinion, tolerance, and taste.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I hate it when people get pissed that Xion 'stole' the Organisation game. You see, if the game was just bout the Organisation then the entire game would have been stalking Pete in agrabah.
Or, you know, it could have dealt with Ventus' connection, more on Xemnas, the Chambers, etc.
I didn't mind Xion, but I definitely wouldn't say they wouldnt have been able to have a game without her. There were plenty of ways they could have made a Xion-less game interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back