• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
the members who have importance in BBS so they couldn't really tell us anything new about them because that'd be delving too deeply into BBS territory. Ironically, BECAUSE it was an Org game, they needed outside influence beyond what was already introduced to us in CoM and KH2, being Xion.

Actually apart from one they get nothing more than cameo appearances in BBS.

I think that in that case, if they were going to make this game, they should have made BBS first. It would have been a hell of a lot more interesting that way.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That I do agree with. With BBS also already dealing the cards, they could've used that instead of trying to tiptoe around it.

:D

I can think of so many things they could have done, in that case. More Xemnas scenes and what his true goals were, especially more about Castle Oblivion and Ven and Xemnas... And Roxas could have had development that connected directly to Ven and it could have been EXPLAINED right, instead of left in interviews... Saix and Axel development that actually showed what they were doing and why and how it succeeded and fell apart... more exposition for Luxord and Demyx, maybe some conversations with them/scenes of them that showed/referenced their past lives.... well, those last two could have been done even without BBS coming first, really.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Oh you know I agree with you about Days' story overall and the Org not getting their shine.
We just part ways because I was looking forward to Xion's story and enjoyed what I got xD;

and it could have been EXPLAINED right, instead of left in interviews...

Interviews and/or novels albeit their debatable canonity (though Days being written by the author kind of puts a twist on that, sadly).
The thing is you're forgetting that's been an issue in KH... well iono if since forever (though Mickey being the Destati voice comes to mind as an example to support yet forever) but certainly since KH2 (lol @ Nomura realizing he messed up when he was asked to help out on the novels). So it's hardly Days' exclusive fault as much as the series'. Or Nomura's.

exposition for Luxord and Demyx, maybe some conversations with them/scenes of them that showed/referenced their past lives.... well, those last two could have been done even without BBS coming first, really.

those two are actually two characters I was satisfied with. They still seem like filler characters to me so I hardly minded them not being overly important. On the other hand, I ironically felt like they got relatively a lot of time, and even if in the grey area, got a lot of character insight. It was enough to keep me satisfied.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The thing is you're forgetting that's been an issue in KH... well iono if since forever (though Mickey being the Destati voice comes to mind as an example to support yet forever) but certainly since KH2 (lol @ Nomura realizing he messed up when he was asked to help out on the novels). So it's hardly Days' exclusive fault as much as the series'. Or Nomura's.

The thing is, this time it's working with titles that are meant to fill in gaps in the back story, and when THOSE leave things out, it makes things feel pointless. The weird order in which we find out about the connections between Roxas and Ven is one. Nomura says you should understand it after playing both games, but I sure as hell didn't. If BBS had come out first, where we learned of the connection between Ven and Sora, then Days could have expanded on that, and showed us why Roxas looked like Ven, why he could use Ven's Keyblade, and his connection to Ven's heart. Those things could have driven Days, I think, not to mention the differences between Roxas and Ven, and why they are different people. I think it was handled very badly, and the interviews hardly clear it up. I just hope that perhaps this vagueness means they're planning to expand on it in a later title... but that might suck anyway. Another game just to cover the mess, when they were meant to be mess-clearing in themselves anyway??

those two are actually two characters I was satisfied with. They still seem like filler characters to me so I hardly minded them not being overly important. On the other hand, I ironically felt like they got relatively a lot of time, and even if in the grey area, got a lot of character insight. It was enough to keep me satisfied.

Different things satisfy different people, of course. I don't think they had to be filler characters, and that they had a lot of potential. Demyx for instance raises some questions. In KH2 he seemed less like a lazy bum are more like a pacifist to me, and I wondered how someone who lacked a heart could even care. I wondered why, when he died, he died in water and light instead of black and grey smoke like most of the Org members (even Larxene didn't die with a crackle of her element). I wondered how someone who seemed weak could have had a strong enough heart to make a human Nobody. I wondered about whether he was in denial about not having a heart. This made me wonder what his Other was like, and where they came from and how they lost their hearts. I wondered how he could play music, when you normally associate arts with emotion. These were all random thoughts I had simply from playing KH2, and all of them were dispelled in Days with 'He's just lazy.' I don't really think that's good enough. Maybe he was a filler character, but at least he existed and was in KH2. Xion was a filler character they created specifically to fill Days and then be forgotten about for all of KH2. I know which one I would rather have learned about, but as I said, everyone has different preferences.

ZiggyK

I also love Xion, she's great, and shes easily one of my favourite characters in the game. The ending was sad :(

I understand why people think shes a Mary Sue and why people might not like her, how she stole Roxas game and stuff, but all the people who downright hate her are sore Axel/Roxas Yaoi fans who are butthurt that a 'third wheel' was put in and caused strife between them.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nah, people hate her without being AkuRoku fans, be them fans of the yaoi or the BFFness (though that does seem to be a reason for a great deal of haters).
It's mostly disappointment since the game was advertised as an Organization game but people don't like thinking Xion's a member of the Organization so they accuse the game of false advertisement and blame it on Xion.

Last edited:

ZiggyK

Nah, people hate her without being AkuRoku fans, be them fans of the yaoi or the BFFness (though that does seem to be a reason for a great deal of haters).
It's mostly disappointment since the game was advertised as an Organization game but people don't like thinking Xion's a member of the Organization so they accuse the game of false advertisement and blame it on Xion.

That was a joke xD I know they all arent. But quite a great amount are. As far as I am concerned all the interesting Org characters were developed, all the useless boring filler ones, Demyx, Luxord, Xaldin should just fade away as far as im concerned.

ZiggyK

The irony is that I'm satisfied with how they handled Demyx and Luxord. They got their personalities fleshed out a bit but didn't receive too much importance overall to make it seem unnatural.

Yeah I agree. There isn't much to expand on it, one likes to gamble, the others just lazy, and I just love Xion. Her best scene is the one just before her battle. "Look at me Roxas, who do you see." I'm pretty sure I squee'd like a fangirl even though im a dude :S

ZiggyK

Yeah but there weren't much in there to begin with. Days lacked substanance. The only reason I played it was for the story, it kept me going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back