• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Org didn't 'move into' CO right after it was discovered, that was established in the FM+ in that scene between Vexen, Zexion and Xigbar. They needed time to prepare it.
If we assume they found Namine soon after she was born, that means they knew about CO as early as KH1. While it didn't give them that much time to 'prepare', they'd have had about a week to make Xion after Roxas was brought into the Org, but before the CoM cast moved into CO and met Sora.
That scene with Saix took place during that time-frame.

Radar

Bronze Member
I still do not understand if Xion is Sora's or Roxas' replica. Can someone please provide a source of something, I can only remember Xion said that she was stealing Roxas' memories, but she had memories of Sora and Kairi on the DI. I still do not understand whos replica she is.

Youniquee

Awards
I still do not understand if Xion is Sora's or Roxas' replica. Can someone please provide a source of something, I can only remember Xion said that she was stealing Roxas' memories, but she had memories of Sora and Kairi on the DI. I still do not understand whos replica she is.
She was Roxas' replica who was feeding off Sora's lost/ scattered memories, that's why she had flash backs and stuff.
Correct if i'm wrong..(because i'm a newb liek that)
EDIT: Yeah, Just ignore this post and look below, Smile explained it way~ better xD

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Xion's goal was to be a Replica of the Keyblade Wielder. For that end it didn't really matter to the Org "who" she became. For all we know she could've ended up being a Riku Replica (hell, she became him, ended up with some of his own Memories, and the Tug-O-War between her and Roxas over the Keyblade powers can be compared to what went on between Riku and Sora in KH1).
As for whose Replica, seems to be from the get-go she was a Sora-Replica. Xemnas sampled Sora's Memories in the First Final Mix and that was the basis for Xion. Also, if we say Namine tearing Sora's Memories apart wasn't only to use him but to also base Xion further supports her goal as a Sora Replica.
Roxas, if he had any role to play, was to be what pulled Sora's Memories away from him due to being his Nobody.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Actually, it is explained in KH'Days that Xion is Roxas' Replica. If you are aware of a source more official than the game itself that states otherwise, please let me know.

The research about the development of Replicas was being carried out before Roxas joined the Organization, but it's not known if Roxas' appearance affected their plans with how to implement the Replica Project.

Xion being Roxas' Replica explains why both Xion and Roxas weren't affected by Sora's memories until about the same time.

Wow, this is old now lol

Well first of all, I don't remember it being explained in the game that she was a Roxas replica, unless you mean this:

You already know you're a Replica. A puppet whose original purpose was to duplicate Roxas's powers.

Except, 'Roxas Powers' is simply the power to use the Keyblade, which was originally Sora's powers anyway. They are the same thing. This sheds more light on it:

The goal was to duplicate the Keyblade wielder's memories, and through them, his powers--thus making them our own. Vexen oversaw the project at Castle Oblivion.

And remember, when they are talking about 'the Keyblade wielder's memories,' they mean memories Xemnas was retconned into taking from Sora in an extra scene in KHFM. Xion was originally built with Sora memories, and that's the reason she could connect to Roxas at all; the ones inside her reacted to the ones that flowed into Roxas. Because she was originally a Sora Replica. I am 100% sure this has been explained in interviews such as the Ultimania, I'm just too lazy to go digging through my translations folder. I wish heartseams didn't delete her wonderful archive :C

Anyway, so Roxas' appearance did change their plan; but only because an unexpected direct pipeline to Sora's memories (aka Roxas) had appeared to make their Replica even stronger. That's why they were both affected at the same time; it was all coming through Roxas. Thus they ended up with the see-saw of power; Xion as a replica tried to suck more Sora memories/power out through Roxas, Roxas as the other side of Sora tried to suck it back into himself.

DIAGRAM WHEE

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And then this pretty much cinches it:

Days said:
If you see somebody else's face...a boy's face...then that means I'm almost ready. This puppet will have to play her part. Roxas... This is him. It's Sora.

If she were meant to be a Roxas Replica from the start, then why would her final form be Sora...? 'Her part' was to 'play' Sora.

Youniquee

Awards
Lol >.<
That was one epic diagram and explanation, Goldpanner.
I actually get that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Haha, awesome diagram, goldpanner. ;)

The end result of all this: If Sora would present a bill to all those who are using his heart as a hotel/hospital he'll be rich (Ven gets discount because of his state), lol.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Haha, I'm glad!! I think the diagram is so messy, we must be like-minded for you to be able to understand it XD;;

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I have to wonder how much of Riku's Memories remain inside Sora though. Seeing how Riku in Days didn't forget Sora, it makes one wonder what he was talking about when he told Diz in KH2 that the haze was clearing. My money's riding on this.
Then, it can be explained that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Maybe we really are like-minded...;)
Though I think any graphical depiction is easier to understand than a wall of text. lol.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Seeing how Riku in Days didn't forget Sora, it makes one wonder what he was talking about when he told Diz in KH2 that the haze was clearing.

Well, Riku hadn't forgotten Sora at any point during CoM, either. I guess we're supposed to think that some of the memories of Riku found their way over into the other side (Roxas) during the year Sora was asleep, and Riku forgot him gradually at the same time? And then when Namine put everything from Roxas back into Sora, he remembered.

I don't think Riku's memory would have been patched up after the Snarl of Memories, because wouldn't he have to go sleep in a pod for that...?

Then, it can be explained that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Haha, awesome diagram, goldpanner. ;)

The end result of all this: If Sora would present a bill to all those who are using his heart as a hotel/hospital he'll be rich (Ven gets discount because of his state), lol.

Thank you~

More like a brothel, with all the going in and out of him ;D

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, Riku hadn't forgotten Sora at any point during CoM, either.

But he didn't have a reason to forget Sora at that time, since people didn't forget Sora until Namine tore apart his Memories properly when he went to sleep in the pod D: at least that's the impression I was always under.

I guess we're supposed to think that some of the memories of Riku found their way over into the other side (Roxas) during the year Sora was asleep, and Riku forgot him gradually at the same time? And then when Namine put everything from Roxas back into Sora, he remembered.

That might tie in somehow with Riku remembering enough to successfully taunt Roxas (though post-BBS it might be Terra-Ven issues hard at work rather than Sora-Riku >_>;;; ), but it still doesn't sit well with me. Unless, once Roxas was fused into Sora, Namine did a 'reset' and started from scratch, and THAT's when Riku forgot.

I don't think Riku's memory would have been patched up after the Snarl of Memories, because wouldn't he have to go sleep in a pod for that...?

They never said in-game about anything regarding this. It's not like they have to go to sleep in order for Namine to add Memories into the Chains, otherwise the Org's plans involving Sora never would've came to be. We also don't know exactly how many Memories of Riku's Xion absorbed, so we don't know how thorough the 'patch up' work would've had to be. She might've patched him up or it even happened naturally (like Sora remembering Namine once Roxas and Namine returned to him and Kairi - with the Memories falling into place and Sora and Riku obviously having some connection, the Memories just floated back on their own)

More like a brothel, with all the going in and out of him ;D

Most of the people involved are the same person so it's ok o3o

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But he didn't have a reason to forget Sora at that time, since people didn't forget Sora until Namine tore apart his Memories properly when he went to sleep in the pod D: at least that's the impression I was always under.

I was under the impression that they first forgot him when Namine tore his memories out to fuck with them for the Org. And then when pieces were floating into Roxas accidentally, more and more forgot him. But as she put them back while he was in the pod, they began to re-remember him. And if it works that way, then Riku might not have forgotten Sora until some random point riiiiight at the end of Days, or even just after defeating Roxas, that we never really had explained to us. And anyway, if he did forget, he would have had Namine and perhaps DiZ to tell him what was going on and tell him what he was forgetting.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I was under the impression that they first forgot him when Namine tore his memories out to fuck with them for the Org. And then when pieces were floating into Roxas accidentally, more and more forgot him.

Iono, the impression I got from when Namine explained things to Riku in Days was that she tore EVERYTHING apart, including what was fake in Sora's Heart. That got everyone to forget about him, aside from, well, Riku, and the people who knew of Sora like Mickey and Diz.
Because Sora's Memories were still leaking out even AFTER Namine told Riku they couldn't wake Sora up because then NO ONE would remember him. So the Memories leaking out doesn't seem to be what got people to forget Sora, but Namine's intervention.
I personally like to think that the yet-to-be-explored Riku-Xion relation might be why Riku never forget. Depending on the nature of that relation, Riku might still have had weird access to his Memories of Sora.

And anyway, if he did forget, he would have had Namine and perhaps DiZ to tell him what was going on and tell him what he was forgetting.

That would give him the why he had to help Sora, and would certainly kill off what you amongst other people complain about - that Sora was supposed to be everything but Riku stalled for Xion. Being told someone's your best friend and remembering it aren't one and the same.
But way I see it, it wouldn't have cut it. Like in his fight with Roxas - he acted too much like he knew Sora, and it got to him far too much when he accepted Roxas as Sora's Nobody. Hard to me to accept he forgot about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back