• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion- The Most Pointless Character Ever ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarpChaos

Okay I think that Xion is the most pointless character in the KH Universe. My reasons: She serves absolutely no point, and raises more questions than she answers. The only possible thing she explains is why Roxas kas 2 keyblades, but this was already reasoned that it was because of Sora's most precious memories of Riku and Kairi. And then they go and use that cheap "nob ody remembers her trick". Another thing, I think she kinda ruined the relationship between Axel and Roxas. It felt kinda contaminated with her. She is Possibly My Least Favorite KH Character. So what does everyone else think ?

Key of Valor

The Professor
WarpChaos said:
Okay I think that Xion is the most pointless character in the KH Universe. My reasons: She serves absolutely no point, and raises more questions than she answers. The only possible thing she explains is why Roxas kas 2 keyblades, but this was already reasoned that it was because of Sora's most precious memories of Riku and Kairi. And then they go and use that cheap "nob ody remembers her trick". Another thing, I think she kinda ruined the relationship between Axel and Roxas. It felt kinda contaminated with her. She is Possibly My Least Favorite KH Character. So what does everyone else think ?

I sort of have to agree with all of this. She was only put in KH'Days so the game could actually have a plot. Not like it would have mattered whether the audience knew she existed or not.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
In a tie for second least favourite.

Basically for the reasons you pointed out. Also, she's not very likeable as a person, and although the game tries to make you feel for her around the time of her death, I felt nothing.

Also, WarpChaos, Kairi's as pointless (if not moreso) as Xion. Refer to a Essay by Smile, a link to which is available in the first post of the Kairi Hateclub.

Also, the spoiler section's there for a reason. Some people don't want to know the somewhat obvious story.

WarpChaos

I meant she was just put in so Roxas could have a Kairi-Like figure, since it couldn't yet be namine. And Why All the Kairi Hate ? She's Pretty important. She's a POH, Sora's Love interest, and The reason for his Oathkeeper.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Audo said:
Kind of like BBS.

I think the difference between Xion's existence and the occurrences in BBS is that the events in BBS are actually going to affect future installments.

Xion's existence is contained in KH'Days, so in games other than KH'Days, she doesn't matter.

BBS seems to influence and have connections with every KH installment to date, so it actually does matter... unlike Xion.

Tiax

I agree ONE HUNDRED percent. Days could've been way better without the Xion drama. Needs more Organization XIII. :35:

WarpChaos

Really, because at this point I would believe it to be Riku. Seriously, when Sora beat Xigbar, he ignored Kiari and ran to Riku after the fight with Xigbar. Yeah, I can easily say Riku is more of a love interest than Kiari.
the reason he did that is because he hadn't seen riku in forever. he thought he was dead, and spent the whole game searching for him. wouldn't you be happy to se someone you were looking for ? he already knew Kairi was okay.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Okay I think that Xion is the most pointless character in the KH Universe.

Say that once the series has ended and she served no other role. And even than it wouldn't be completely true, most likely.

My reasons: She serves absolutely no point, and raises more questions than she answers.

Dude. That sentence is contradictory. She's supposed to be a mystery that raises up many issuses, amongst which are The Replicas, Castle Oblivion, the ties between them, Sora's ties to BBS, and don't even get me started on her ties to Riku.
Wait, I will get started on Xion's likely ties to Riku.
http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/138431-xion-way-dawn-days-spoilers.html
So seriously. Finish the series and then decide Xion's worthless.

The only possible thing she explains is why Roxas kas 2 keyblades, but this was already reasoned that it was because of Sora's most precious memories of Riku and Kairi.

I burst out laughing. Sora's Memories of Riku and Kairi are why those certain Keychains were used, not why Roxas has another Keyblade. That relates to BBS.

I think she kinda ruined the relationship between Axel and Roxas.

I think the one who ruined the relationship between Axel and Roxas was Roxas. Xion tried to keep them together but Roxas kept refusing to listen to either her or Axel. He came off as quite a prude, really.

Kind of like BBS.

Inorite.

WarpChaos

I agree ONE HUNDRED percent. Days could've been way better without the Xion drama. Needs more Organization XIII. :35:
Xion in days took away the focus on Roxas, which is what Days was supposed to be about.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I think the difference between Xion's existence and the occurrences in BBS is that the events in BBS are actually going to affect future installments.

Xion's existence is contained in KH'Days, so in games other than KH'Days, she doesn't matter.

BBS seems to influence and have connections with every KH installment to date, so it actually does matter... unlike Xion.

How can we say for sure that Days is contained to Days when we haven't seen any future title in the series?

the reason he did that is because he hadn't seen riku in forever. he thought he was dead, and spent the whole game searching for him. wouldn't you be happy to se someone you were looking for ? he already knew Kairi was okay.

Yeah and he was so into her actively hugging him too.

WarpChaos

Say that once the series has ended and she served no other role. And even than it wouldn't be completely true, most likely.

Dude. That sentence is contradictory. She's supposed to be a mystery that raises up many issuses, amongst which are The Replicas, Castle Oblivion, the ties between them, Sora's ties to BBS, and don't even get me started on her ties to Riku.
Wait, I will get started on Xion's likely ties to Riku.
http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/138431-xion-way-dawn-days-spoilers.html
So seriously. Finish the series and then decide Xion's worthless.

I burst out laughing. Sora's Memories of Riku and Kairi are why those certain Keychains were used, not why Roxas has another Keyblade. That relates to BBS.

I think the one who ruined the relationship between Axel and Roxas was Roxas. Xion tried to keep them together but Roxas kept refusing to listen to either her or Axel. He came off as quite a prude, really.

Inorite.
the only thing important was castle oblivion, which should be solved in bbs. nothing else matters about her.

A

Audo

There's no difference. BBS is a prequel, it's events always happened. The audience doesn't ever need to know those events existed to play the games. BBS is Xion. Xion is BBS.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I meant she was just put in so Roxas could have a Kairi-Like figure, since it couldn't yet be namine.

She was put in as a Kairi-lookalike so that
1) AkuRoku'd have a yaoi shield
2) people would be too busy theorizing about her ties to Kairi and ignore her ties to Sora. this failed.
3) Kairi could pretend to have importance in the series. again, failed.

And Why All the Kairi Hate ? She's Pretty important. She's a POH, Sora's Love interest, and The reason for his Oathkeeper.

I'd sooner explain the Oathkeeper on Namine. And right now you named several plot elements, one of which isn't even canon (the love interest bit. I'd sooner say that's Namine's fault as well as Namine supposedly made Sora's feelings for Kairi stronger than they were, and Namine is the one that Sora admitted to being more than a friend to him. So if he loves Kairi, it's because of Namine. Mind the If).
So why the hell should I even care about her let alone like her?
Xion <3

WarpChaos

How can we say for sure that Days is contained to Days when we haven't seen any future title in the series?

Yeah and he was so into her actively hugging him too.
what about that scene in halloween town where he sees himself dancing with her, not Riku. he was just surprised I think.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
the only thing important was castle oblivion, which should be solved in bbs. nothing else matters about her.

New mantra - wait until the fucking series is over to say anything was useless.

what about that scene in halloween town where he sees himself dancing with her, not Riku. he was just surprised I think.

Yeah, see, and then when he came face to face with her he kept his distance and then broke the hug and said he was happy she was safe despite how different she was. So, no. KH2 killed SoKai.

Anyhows, off topic. SoKai is about as existent as Xion is at this point only for Xion I still have hope.
Back on track.

WarpChaos

She was put in as a Kairi-lookalike so that
1) AkuRoku'd have a yaoi shield
2) people would be too busy theorizing about her ties to Kairi and ignore her ties to Sora. this failed.
3) Kairi could pretend to have importance in the series. again, failed.

I'd sooner explain the Oathkeeper on Namine. And right now you named several plot elements, one of which isn't even canon (the love interest bit. I'd sooner say that's Namine's fault as well as Namine supposedly made Sora's feelings for Kairi stronger than they were, and Namine is the one that Sora admitted to being more than a friend to him. So if he loves Kairi, it's because of Namine. Mind the If).
So why the hell should I even care about her let alone like her?
Xion <3
that was because she made him feel that way. And Namine Is Him/Kairi.

New mantra - wait until the fucking series is over to say anything was useless.

Yeah, see, and then when he came face to face with her he kept his distance and then broke the hug and said he was happy she was safe despite how different she was. So, no. KH2 killed SoKai.

Anyhows, off topic. SoKai is about as existent as Xion is at this point only for Xion I still have hope.
Back on track.
well, whatever. Sora/Kairi is more canon than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back