• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion, Naminé, and Kairi's Keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
28/10/08 - added a bit specifically about Duel Wielding

Ho shi- all three in the same title?!

Well, yes, I'm going there.

Due to recent dealings with theories saying Xion's Keyblade was given to Kairi via Riku, I have came up with my own theory in the matter.

No, that's not Xion's Keyblade. I don't believe she has one of her own at the time. I also don't believe Riku really gave it to Kairi.
How then did the Keyblade come to be? Here's why.

In the novels, when Riku gives Kairi the Keyblade, it's described as something that awoke inside him, like a dormant Memory (feel free to correct me about the precise phrasing, but that's the general gist of it).
It's easy to assume that those Memories were from Destiny Islands in general (seeing how that's about the only time they wrote Kairi well imo - fulfilling her role of representing Home for Riku and Sora), and possibly of Kairi in particular - but what if that was both right... and wrong at the same time?

Here's what I think.

Days ends. Xion disappears. Lives, dies, becomes her Somebody again, stops being a Kairi lookalike, whatever.
Point being - seeing how KH2 doesn't deal with her, I think one can assume with a high level of security that the following has happened -
Whenever possible, Naminé erased the Memories of Xion from people's Hearts, seeing how Xion interacted with people who had ties to Sora.
And when not - they wouldn't care.
Roxas was without his Memories for most of KH2.
Axel's behavior about Roxas can be explained both without Xion ever having existed, and even more if he were to remember her disappearence. Since she went poof though, he wouldn't talk about her.
No one in the Org really gives a shit, though it could tie in with Demyx talking 'traitor' all the time.
That leaves us with Naminé, DiZ maybe - and Riku.

DiZ having forgotten about Xion could possibly tie in with him theorizing about there yes being a Nobody created for Kairi on the night of the storm - only he doesn't remember he was possibly being right. Ties in with the theory saying Xion is Kairi's Nobody.
But this isn't the main event.

Riku forgot about Xion thanks to Naminé, yet we saw that it was possible for Memories to be yes reconnected, sometimes even without Naminé's intervention. Another possibility - Sora allegedly remembered Naminé after Naminé returned to Kairi in front of him. But she presumably did that already before - when they met with Riku. Not the same effect, I know, but a possibility.
So what if the 'far off Memory' Riku suddenly 'remembered' that made him create the Keyblade he gave Kairi - were his Memories of Xion? After all, Xion isn't only Kairi's spitting image - making for Kairi to be the trigger, but also, Riku interacted with Xion on Destiny Islands - thus explaining the design.

28/10/08 EDIT:

Just thought of another tidbit that could support this.

Duel Wielding. Sora and Riku managed. Many believe today that Duel Wielding is possible because of two Hearts, or for the matter at hand - parts of two Beings - reside as a single Entity.
Ven could somehow explain Sora. Duel Wielding first manifested in Roxas, who was Sora's Nobody. The lacking of Memories, however, enabled Ven's Presence to bubble up to the surface and all but turn Roxas into a Ven clone. Seeing how Roxas was still also a Sora, we have the initial duelty of beings that enabled him to Duel Wield (seeing how - again - I don't believe Xion has a Keyblade of her own so she couldn't have given him one).
When they fused, the Ven Presence was already noticeable via Roxas, so Sora could Duel Wield - with some help from the Drive Forms (which could on their own be compared to the various fighting modes we saw in the BBS trailers).

What of Riku then? Why, Riku's case is much more simpler, actually, seeing how we know both the Being that co-existed within him, as well as how they interacted, as opposed to Sora and Ven.
I'm talking, of course, of Xehanort's Heartless.
Two Hearts existing in the same Body, but the most important part is specifically Riku using Xehanort's Heartless's powers.
Xehanort was already hinted to have ties to the Keyblade (like Ven for Sora?) when he opened the Door to the Hear of Radiant Garden, and by the likely relation to Master Xehanort. Throw in Riku tapping into his powers freely, and it's easy to see where he could sprout another Keyblade from.

Why should we care?
Simple. Recall what Naminé said about the Memories of Sora's that she was to delink -

They'll sink into the Darkness of his Heart.

I'm saying Naminé delinked Riku's Memories of Xion, letting them sink into the same Darkness.
Who then would be able to reach those, and as a result - manage to create a Keychain then the Being who is all but Riku's Darkness personified and has ties to the Keyblade but Xehanort's Heartless, whose form Riku assumed as his own?

Oh shi- I think I just created a semi theory again. I hate it when I do that.

My two cents. Go.

Last edited:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
so.....what?

What are you saying here?
I'm not quite sure I catch it.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
so.....what?

What are you saying here?
I'm not quite sure I catch it.

Days ends. Xion disappears. Lives, dies, becomes her Somebody again, stops being a Kairi lookalike, whatever.
Whenever possible, Naminé erased the Memories of Xion from people's Hearts, seeing how Xion interacted with people who had ties to Sora.

So what if the 'far off Memory' Riku suddenly 'remembered' that made him create the Keyblade he gave Kairi - were his Memories of Xion?

:nahnah:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Oh...I'm not too big of a "memories taking form" fan.

I still believe that Kairi's wielding in KH2 stems from Sora.

A

Audo

Err, but we already know that the Keychain was made from memories.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

In general I agree, but them creating Keychains is the likely assumption nowadays. That's what I'm aiming at here, not really the entire Keyblade. That's still him Duel Wielding.

That's her Using the Keyblade. I'm talking about where the deuce did it spawn from.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Err, but we already know that the Keychain was made from memories.

not too keen on the idea.

In general I agree, but them creating Keychains is the likely assumption nowadays. That's what I'm aiming at here, not really the entire Keyblade. That's still him Duel Wielding.

I like how we all just ignore the old assumptions now. It's rather funny.

That's her Using the Keyblade. I'm talking about where the deuce did it spawn from.

I still think that where it came from is irrelevant, so much as the actual wielding is important.

Ren

adios motherfucker
The many, many implications make me love.
I promised I wouldn't whine about spoiling the future for me.
Instead, I offer you my undying adoration. <3

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I like how we all just ignore the old assumptions now. It's rather funny.

Which were?

I still think that where it came from is irrelevant, so much as the actual wielding is important.

I tend to be picky about where things came from. *still waits to know what Unbirths are to know whether or not a certain theory about a certain unexplained blonde can live or die*

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Which were?

Namine = Kairi's nobody.
Namine = Female Roxas
Needing a heartless to make a nobody.
etc.

I tend to be picky about where things came from. *still waits to know what Unbirths are to know whether or not a certain theory about a certain unexplained blonde can live or die*

Ven can die like the little Akuroku looking bitch he is.

Well, that seems to be the case.

Fuck the case.

It can't be both?

If you'd like. My personal view is that certain things aren't important until given a reason to be important.

ie: Where the Keychain came from.
or even "What is a nobody?" as opposed to "What makes a nobody special?"

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Why cant it just be that Kairis keyblade came from Riku, who happened to find it somewhere in the dark realm or made it based on DI?

A

Audo

*facepalms* she was talking about Nami.

Why cant it just be that Kairis keyblade came from Riku, who happened to find it somewhere in the dark realm or made it based on DI?
Because that's not how he got it?

Oh, and about the theory - i like it. It makes the Rion fanboy in me pleasant.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Needing a heartless to make a nobody.
etc.

*Rolls eyes* keep that to its own thread.

By Blonde I was talking about Naminé.

If you'd like. My personal view is that certain things aren't important until given a reason to be important.

ie: Where the Keychain came from.
or even "What is a nobody?" as opposed to "What makes a nobody special?"

:\ you can just not respond to theories that deal with those things then if you don't care.

because that's just boring.

Awards
DiZ having forgotten about Xion could possibly tie in with him theorizing about there yes being a Nobody created for Kairi on the night of the storm - only he doesn't remember he was possibly being right. Ties in with the theory saying Xion is Kairi's Nobody.

What really makes me stray away from this is the timing. It's very inconvenient that Xion would have been made practically at the beginning of the game, and Roxas, who was created towards the end, is immediately taken in by the Organization, whereas she is taken in some time later. And just all of that time of Xion's life missing.

In the novels, when Riku gives Kairi the Keyblade, it's described as something that awoke inside him, like a dormant Memory (feel free to correct me about the precise phrasing, but that's the general gist of it).
Wasn't this along with the other novel points that I showed a while ago (like Axel returning to his Original self, etc)? The ones that were rather hastily taken in as fact without any confirmation (considering that we have as of yet seen a legitimate translation directly from the novel).

I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but I still don't consider those points valid.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What really makes me stray away from this is the timing. It's very inconvenient that Xion would have been made practically at the beginning of the game, and Roxas, who was created towards the end, is immediately taken in by the Organization, whereas she is taken in some time later. And just all of that time of Xion's life missing.

I personally don't really think she's her Nobody, but I don't rule out the possibility that she wasn't found immediately. Think about it this way, too - AtW who's supposed to know best ruled out the possibility. Who's to say the Org didn't but then found Xion lurking around, say, in Castle Oblivion or something? (lol Room of Sleep?)
That would account for the lost time. Poor girl.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but I still don't consider those points valid.

I remember those stuff from LJ myself, and actually looked for quotes of it on the forums. I'm pretty sure I saw solid quotes. Still looking though.

A

Audo

Wasn't this along with the other novel points that I showed a while ago (like Axel returning to his Original self, etc)? The ones that were rather hastily taken in as fact without any confirmation (considering that we have as of yet seen a legitimate translation directly from the novel).

It was that we thought he said ti came from memories of DI.
And it turned out that he just said that something woke inside him like a long lost memory. No mention of DI.

Awards
I personally don't really think she's her Nobody, but I don't rule out the possibility that she wasn't found immediately. Think about it this way, too - AtW who's supposed to know best ruled out the possibility. Who's to say the Org didn't but then found Xion lurking around, say, in Castle Oblivion or something? (lol Room of Sleep?)
That would account for the lost time. Poor girl.

I remember those stuff from LJ myself, and actually looked for quotes of it on the forums. I'm pretty sure I saw solid quotes. Still looking though.

Yeah, it's a possibility, but it's... distasteful. I mean, Xion really seems to have that "freshly created" air about her, what with her constantly wondering what she is.

I've done a pretty comprehensive LJ search in the past, and I don't recall ever finding it. If you happen to, please post the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back