• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

XION - GENDER/IDENTITY?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
When we're first introduced to Xion, we find out that she is a replica that presents differently to each person that views her - depending on their relationship/memories related to Sora (like Xigbar seeing Ventus, Riku seeing Kairi).

In KH3 she is also a replica (presumably created the same way as 358/2 Days). In a sort of reverse of what happens to Riku, he looks at Kairi and sees Xion. Was there ever a confirmation on whether Xion's appearance changes (in KH3) or whether what we see normally (like what Roxas sees), is now what she is for good? Also, is it confirmed what her gender is, as she can seemingly present as either male or female. I would think that if she was created the same way as in Days, the same effect would happen (ie presenting differently depending on who is looking at her).

Obiewantsanipod

Hopefully the DLC will adress that. As of KHIII I just thought of her as a girl, only because she comes out of Sora and he seems to see what we see, which admittedley isn't conclusive enough.

Oh boy, imagine if Luxu saw 3 Ventuses, oh please make that happen, and unify their clothing.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
She wasn't created from Sora's memories this time around right? She was made from data (whatever that's supposed to mean), so that odd side effect she had previously shouldn't really be present anymore based on what we know. Additionally, even characters who've seen Xion as another male character still refer to her as a she and recognize the image that their seeing as a he (biggest example being when Xigbar sees Ventus, he goes out of his way to call Xion a her, and separate the person he's actually seeing as someone else entirely-- "When I look at her I see him"). Ummmm, other than that I believe every official peice of info we've gotten relating to the character and her presence in KH3 has addressed Xion as female (including her character bio in the game itself).

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Since there was no appearance change besides her default hoodie mode as a Seeker I'm assuming she doesn't randomly change anymore. It's implied she's blank until she gets her heart/memories back and regrows her face. Though when she's fighting Sora, you can clearly see her hair under the hood.

Vexen's reports also state he perfected his new replicas and since Xion took the longest to recreate any flaws her old model had should be gone. But Xion got so little screentime in KH3 that it's difficult to say. Really need the DLC to confirm how she was recreated and how she works now.

It's too bad if she lost it. I also enjoyed that fun little gimmick of the hood since Days, but if the replicas take on the form of the heart they hold then Xion should stay as goth Kairi.

LunaDiviner

It’s said by Riku that the replicas take the form of the heart inside it. Nomura has stated that the figure the player sees (a young girl with black hair) is the same as what Roxas, Axel and Xion herself see. That means Xion sees herself as a girl who resembles Kairi. She even said “the girl who looks so much like me” in Days. Now that Xion has her own heart and her own body her appearance should by all means be stabilized. There is evidence for this in game. Prior to officially becoming her own person, she would appear as a hooded figure when in the presence of anyone besides Axel or Roxas. When she’s with everyone on the clock tower and the beach, her appearance didn’t change. Isa could see her as she is. Hayner, Pence and Olette saw her as she is.

Back