• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion as an absent silhouette and a cavern of remembrance boss

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

unbound_word

I want Xion to pop up as an absent silhouette and replica battle, even if she wasn't a true member. And her data chamber would be right next to Larxene's.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I don't know if the dev team would have time to implement that into II Final Mix, especially considering that they have to make a cutscene-based movie for Re:coded. It's certainly not impossible and I would love for them to bring in the fight (perhaps with "Vector to the Heavens" playing as the BGM), but it may or may not happen.

Come to think of it, this reminds me of something that I desperately wanted in the I.5 ReMIX version of Re: Chain of Memories that could have broken up the tedium of the game. At least twice in Sora's story, they could have brought in a memory version of Vanitas for Sora to fight in Twilight Town and Destiny Islands thanks to Ventus' memories laying deep within Sora manifesting at that time. While it can be argued that it would completely break the flow of the current narrative, I feel that the boss fights would be worth it (and honestly, the game doesn't have nearly as much of a narrative as it may lead you to believe).

As for Riku, while it would be difficult to bring a data version of him into the game, I can imagine bringing Vanitas in via time travel and have him face off with Riku there. However, even before I.5 crushed my dreams of these fights appearing in there, I didn't think this is a viable option since Nomura wants to surprise us on who the thirteen SoD will be.

Back on topic, while I don't think it will happen since the dev team is going to be needed back for production for III, I would like to see the fight implemented somewhere. If what TV Tropes once said pans out, then that means that Xion's jouranl entries might still be floating around. Coupled with some foreshadowing from 3D, it's not entirely unreasonable for the developers to have a rationale for bringing her back.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I once came across a thread of similar topic, and my general sentiment is that while it would indeed be fun to fight Xion as an extra boss (I'd like to experience it myself), I doubt it would happen. Xion's battle models are absent from KH2(FM) and BbS(FM); her inclusion would probably take up more resources than necessary since the team might need to do everything from scratch. The models are present in Days, but I'm not sure if it is that easy extracting those models to be used for the PS3 remaster. It's because of this reason that I don't think her Replica Data will be included.

However, there's always a chance for her (and any other characters, in fact) to make an appearance as DLC boss for the Mirage Arena. That, I can more easily see happen.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Though I also find it unlikely I wouldn't mind having her as an optional boss in the cave or mirage arena.
Just imagine that final form in HD. O_O

unbound_word

I like the idea about Vector to the Heavens being the background music. Twilight Town would be the best battlefield.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I like the idea about Vector to the Heavens being the background music. Twilight Town would be the best battlefield.

Thanks. I was kind of debating over the orchestral rendition or the remix by sasukeshika. The former won out due to not hearing it in all its glory in the Days cutscenes and the series' leanings toward orchestral over metal (one Gummi ship theme and "Future Master" not withstanding). However, if there were more than one battle, then perhaps both can happen. Or maybe an option to choose which track although the likelihood of that is very low.

Or perhaps they can take a third option and have the Memoria cover that should be coming out soon...

Narxus

I definitely would not mind Xion as an Absent Silhouette boss, and if it's too much trouble to create a PS3 version of her Final Form, I have no problem fighting her in her normal human form

unbound_word

Yes, her human form! That's what I had in mind from the start. But it would still be on an invisible floor in the sky in front of the station tower. Sora Donald and Goofy vs Xion.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I like the idea of including her. And heck, even the team wanted to remake Days but didn't have the chance to. Something like this could be the "replacement".

But I wouldn't count on it. Still, it would be a nice inclusion nonetheless.

ZMP

This was something I did not know that I wanted but now I want it so much now!!!!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
That's a great idea...! She's the only member who you wouldn't get to fight in KH2 otherwise.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I think it would even be more appropriate to fight Xion in her normal form, because the Absent Silhouettes all cover the "fair duel" battles against the bosses: Marluxia with his scythe, Xemnas with his blades, everyone's in their cloaks. It's sort of an Org tradition to have a plain duel before any nonsense gets involved (of course, plenty of them are capable of nonsense even in plainclothes) so Xion actually seems left out without it.

I'd say there's not much standing in the dev's way of doing something like this besides money. You'd need someone to convert Xion's cutscene model, textures and rigging from 1.5 to gameplay ones, and the big work left to do after that is to get an animator to update her combat animations, and an enemy AI programmer to set her up. And the animator called in probably wouldn't be one of the ones working on coded, they tend to divide these things into teams, with gameplay devs working one thing and cutscene devs another. If they had remade Days this would be even easier because her model, combat animations, etc would be ready, so it would be as easy to add her to KH2 as the CoM bosses back in the day, but no dice. I suppose if they plan to use her in combat in KH3, they might animate her now to get ahead on things, but that's best case scenario, and it seems more likely that the systems aren't that compatible.

Still, I think it would be plausible. Really, the biggest threat is that it probably won't occur to them to do it at all, or that they won't add anything at all. They didn't add much entirely new content to 1.5 outside of Days, but I'll hope!

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I think it would even be more appropriate to fight Xion in her normal form, because the Absent Silhouettes all cover the "fair duel" battles against the bosses: Marluxia with his scythe, Xemnas with his blades, everyone's in their cloaks. It's sort of an Org tradition to have a plain duel before any nonsense gets involved (of course, plenty of them are capable of nonsense even in plainclothes) so Xion actually seems left out without it.

That actually would make a lot of sense. All of them were fighting Sora in their more humanoid forms (I'm mostly referring to Xemnas and Marluxia here) when he confronted them as Absent Silhouettes.

Tartarus said:
That's a great idea...! She's the only member who you wouldn't get to fight in KH2 otherwise.

I hadn't even thought of that. In II: Final Mix, it seemed out of place not having her there after knowing the events of Days, but one could argue that it makes the fact that she's never mentioned or alluded to that much more real to the player that she is now forgotten.

HOWEVER, with the hints at the end of 3D that state that she might be remembered by Sora, Riku, and Roxas as well as the release of I.5 ReMIX, I think that it's fitting to have her as an Absent Silhouette to make the idea of her eventual return that much more real to the player as well.

Gram

Banned
Awards
HOWEVER, with the hints at the end of 3D that state that she might be remembered by Sora, Riku, and Roxas as well as the release of I.5 ReMIX, I think that it's fitting to have her as an Absent Silhouette to make the idea of her eventual return that much more real to the player as well.

Sora doesn't exactly remember her, he only knows her as "that one girl" and refers to her a such in his speech to Xigbar. Riku also doesn't remember because he asks who she is when he encounters her.

Though an absent silhouette or data battle would rather nice now that we know of days.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I hadn't even thought of that. In II: Final Mix, it seemed out of place not having her there after knowing the events of Days, but one could argue that it makes the fact that she's never mentioned or alluded to that much more real to the player that she is now forgotten.

The reason why she wasn't present among the Absent Silhouettes and Replica Data is because back then, Xion's character had yet to make an appearance in the series. KH2FM was released in 2007, two years before Days would have hit the shelves.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Sora doesn't exactly remember her, he only knows her as "that one girl" and refers to her a such in his speech to Xigbar. Riku also doesn't remember because he asks who she is when he encounters her.

Though an absent silhouette or data battle would rather nice now that we know of days.

Admittedly, I could have rephrased that better. What I should have said was that the mere fact that Sora can even identify her as "that one girl" at all as opposed to no one even knowing she existed and the fact that Riku could talk to her hints at the fact taht she will be back and make the inclusion of her Absent Silhouette fight seem more natural.

The reason why she wasn't present among the Absent Silhouettes and Replica Data is because back then, Xion's character had yet to make an appearance in the series. KH2FM was released in 2007, two years before Days would have hit the shelves.

I was saying this from the viewpoint of someone who was replaying the game after playing Days. When I first found out about what happened in Days, I watched a playthrough of II: Final Mix and found the fact that Xion not even being hinted at in the game depressing. I knew that it was next to impossible for her to be mentioned since the game came out in 2007 while Days came out in 2009, but that feeling was still there.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Admittedly, I could have rephrased that better. What I should have said was that the mere fact that Sora can even identify her as "that one girl" at all as opposed to no one even knowing she existed and the fact that Riku could talk to her hints at the fact taht she will be back and make the inclusion of her Absent Silhouette fight seem more natural.

I was saying this from the viewpoint of someone who was replaying the game after playing Days. When I first found out about what happened in Days, I watched a playthrough of II: Final Mix and found the fact that Xion not even being hinted at in the game depressing. I knew that it was next to impossible for her to be mentioned since the game came out in 2007 while Days came out in 2009, but that feeling was still there.

I don't believe the idea of Xion was conceived whatsoever by the time of KH2FM, that's why they had to find a way for there to be no trace of her at all by the end of 358/2 days.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I don't believe the idea of Xion was conceived whatsoever by the time of KH2FM, that's why they had to find a way for there to be no trace of her at all by the end of 358/2 days.

Mm, it's just as likely that she was. They began development on all three of those games at around that time. (bBS, coded, and Days) Though you're right, they wouldn't have added her in at that point.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I agree that she'd be great to be in the game, but as other's have stated, Days wasn't out yet and I bet Xion wasn't even fully thought out yet as a character yet in terms of her appearance enough to put her into the game and be stuck having to use her. While I'm sure it would have been a great mindkupo to everyone playing the game not knowing who this mysterious 14th member was, I just don't think Nomura was ready to add her to the game.

On that note, I don't think they'll add anything to 2.5 that wasn't already in the games themselves (gameplay wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back