• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xigbars unnecessary censoring

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
It makes little to no difference whether he is using actual guns or his current arrowguns. Personally, I like the NA crosshair, looks more Halo-ish, more spacey. Also, there is no use in complaining about it, it is done, over with, and can't be changed. Just get over it. One whole minute of non-realistic gun fire, whoop-de-doo. I will admit, seeing games like this, having uneccesary censoring, when there are titles like God of War where they don't have enough censoring. (remember the sex minigame?) Honestly, they could have used better censoring on that one, but this is for kids. I will admit, KH's change is annoying, but let's think, this is meant to be FOR KIDS. Recap: Get over it.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Eh... I didn't spot that much of a difference to be honest. What I thought was stupid was that they would censor the Hydra's blood even though the blood was in the original Hercules movie and they allowed blood in Pirates of Carribean world.
But if you think that's bad... I saw my sister watching Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, witch, and the wardrobe on Disney Channel and it was the scene where the white Witch kills the wolf and is angry with Edmen (sorry if I misspelled). She slaps Edmen... in the original video, there's a slapping sound effect... in Disney Channel... they censor the slapping sound effect. What the heck?! It looks so fake when they do that! Why would they do that?!

So this is what Disney thinks... "Oh, a bunch of animals murdering and killing each other in battle is alright! But... what's this? A slapping sound effect?! NOOO!!! WE MUST CENSOR!!!!!!!"

It's freakin' retarded...

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Your really getting upset over not turning Xigbar's weapon into a Sniper even though its the same exact thing? Does it really matter?

Axens

Banned
The edit isn't that serious. The game is rated teen,but I guess that in localization, they deemed it necessary to change that. It doesn't affect gameplay, so its not that serious.

Birnax

I hate how they edited Axel's death. In the japanese version, flames burst out of his body.

roxasthemighty

In my parents basement, sittining in a beanbag cha
I hate censoring. By changing Xigbar's weapon, they basically changed who he is. I mean, a shotgun is his signature weapon, but they changed it into dual gun thingys. So stupid. What I also find dumb is
the censoring of Axel's death.
Do they really need to change stuff like that? =_=

what did they sensor about...
Axel's death. ?

EDIT: sorry, a bit late

jlk2009

I hate censoring. By changing Xigbar's weapon, they basically changed who he is. I mean, a shotgun is his signature weapon, but they changed it into dual gun thingys. So stupid. What I also find dumb is
the censoring of Axel's death.
Do they really need to change stuff like that? =_=

this is defintely the worse one (axel death ) its pointless yopu wouldnt have really noticed anyway right? but oh well they obv felt it was right.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I didn't have much of a problem with his censoring, though the circles were kinda weird but was only for a short moment. Can't help if they want to do things for the kids, probably playing something more violent =P Though it's small, at least they kept the combination of the guns in Days for his Critical Snipe. The rest of the censoring in the game could've gone without.

Axens

Banned
I hate how they edited Axel's death. In the japanese version, flames burst out of his body.

He might not even be dead. Something about the way he died still disturbs me. I think that maybe he may make some form of comeback. He was probably real tired after that all out attack and then retreated to darkness to rest or something :35:

Ikkin

Bronze Member

You know what makes it so much more pointless?

They didn't change his battle animations... one of which sets him on fire temporarily. >_>

(Elsewhere, they censored the Port Royal pirates' reaction animation to the "fire" line of spells so they run around but aren't on fire... but allowed Jack Skellington to have an attack where he sets himself on fire and run into enemies. Someone clearly couldn't make up their mind...)

Gram

Banned
Awards
Does anyone else find it stupid that they changed Xigbars gun in the NA version to make it "less violent" It is ridiculous. I was fighting him in Final Mix and he actually has a gun. For anyone who doesnt know the difference here you go. This game will probably never be taken seriously if they keep censoring such little things.

i know, and what about when in fm in the port royal when will thretin to kill himself.
in fm it shows him actucally hold the gun to his head, and it shows jack get stab XD!
final mix is awesome.

and what about the crossbows in the NA version, arent those lethal weapons 2 XD

It was probably done due to the high-school/college shootings in America and similar incidents in Europe. Also, America and Europe feel the need to wrap the kids up in cotton wool and think we're stupid enough to imitate a man on a screen who shoots pink bullets at a kid holding a giant key while hanging upside down from thin air.
I would love 2 c an imatation of that XD

Kyon Shinzou

Eh, odd how it changes.
No one gets hurt anyways, and some little kids like to get sniped at some point when playing games, it teases and bogs their minds. Not much we can do there.

Z

Zulkir

I agree with the posters saying Americas censoring is heavily flawed.

They will not censor blood, gore, some of the most violent, mature, dark themes that could exist.

They will not censor a woman wearing nothing except the tiniest underwear to barely cover her private parts, and will not censor the tiniest strap over her chest that shows 99% of her breasts.

But if a nipple slips WILL SOMEBODY PROTECT THE INNOCENCE OF OUR CHILDREN!?

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
What it really comes down to is that Disney/Square-Enix NA wanted to keep the rating as low as possible without it being detrimental to the original plot, and this is what they came up with. NA/European censorship simply doesn't share in the same standard as Japan.

This has nothing on the censorship on Xenosaga episode 3. They edit out blood so it looks like little Shion is trying to put air in her dead mothers body ><

BondOfFlame

It's not just America. You must remember this is a joint game between Square and Disney. Disney has always been all about censoring and keeping things as pg as possible.

Z

Zulkir

It's not just America. You must remember this is a joint game between Square and Disney. Disney has always been all about censoring and keeping things as pg as possible.

Lol, yeah that's disney, I'm surprised they didn't censor that chinese guy's punch to sora into a flower beam.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
It was probably done due to the high-school/college shootings in America and similar incidents in Europe. Also, America and Europe feel the need to wrap the kids up in cotton wool and think we're stupid enough to imitate a man on a screen who shoots pink bullets at a kid holding a giant key while hanging upside down from thin air.

Yeah, that may be why. More or less.

I personally like the "censored" version better. Gives off more of a Kingdom Hearts feel to me, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back