• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xigbar

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Blizzard-

Awards
Honestly, I kinda saw it coming? I felt as though he knew too much and put up with too much for not being a direct iteration of Xehanort. I'm pretty sure it was Luxord who mentioned Xigbar had him and others looking for this box no one else knew about. How does he know about the black box? I figured he wasn't letting on to who he actually is.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
We've been speculating for years that Xigbar isn't all that he seems and he's up to something. I didn't expect him to be Luxu, but it makes total sense.

omegalucas

Awards
As early as his appearance in Olympus I was expecting him to be someone from the Chi era. I was more leaning to him being the MoM from their shared manneirisms so I was still taken by surprise when he turned out to be Luxu.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
All I could think was "nice job getting your eye destroyed by what is essentially a nameless jobber to you, dumbass"
But I'm also ready to discover he has a Gazing Eye under the eyepatch or something

KeybladeOrder

Awards
As early as his appearance in Olympus I was expecting him to be someone from the Chi era. I was more leaning to him being the MoM from their shared manneirisms so I was still taken by surprise when he turned out to be Luxu.
My money had been on Ephemer because of the red scarves they both wear (or wore pre-Organization in Xigbar's case)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Xigbar was the one who recruited Marluxia and Larxene into Organization XIII. This revelation just made that decision way more symbolic.

Noivern

Awards
I'm not surprised that he turned out to be more than he seemed but it definitely shocked me to find out he was Luxu. Now my curiosity leans towards when exactly Braig turned into Luxu (if there was even a difference to begin with) and how is Luxu's original appearance.

Hardback247

1. How is Xigbar apparently still Norted at the end?

2. Why did he need to become a Nobody again, when he was already part Xehanort when he returned to being Braig at the end of Re: Coded?

Noivern

Awards
1. How is Xigbar apparently still Norted at the end?

2. Why did he need to become a Nobody again, when he was already part Xehanort when he returned to being Braig at the end of Re: Coded?

He wasn't. Yellow eyes are a sign of the Darkness, not necessarily Xehanort. It's just that Xehanort = Darkness and yada yada. Aqua definitely wasn't norted.

I don't really remember Braig coming back at the end of Re: Coded so not going to answer that, but maybe it's for the same reason Even had to become Vexen again for some reason.

Hardback247

I don't really remember Braig coming back at the end of Re: Coded so not going to answer that, but maybe it's for the same reason Even had to become Vexen again for some reason.

This scene:

[video=youtube;a7jMWJOAnc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7jMWJOAnc8[/video]

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The yellow eyes thing needs to be addressed and examined.
In the BbS Ultimania Nomura stated that Braig's yellow eye was because he was influenced by and interacted with Xehanort, which prompted a lot of us to actually debunk the idea that it meant Darkness.
However, that clearly fell out out of the window due to Aqua, unless Nomura will somehow explain that Ansem's blast was full of Nort energy or something like that.

It is possible that the current canon is that Xehanort is only a "carrier" of golden eyes and therefore Darkness, but he clearly had them prior to his so-called corruption.
So yeah, I think I wanna see what the Ultimania for KH III has in store, but to me this whole business isn't as crystal clear and direct as it should be.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I don't see why yellow eyes needs to be explained. It's all just visual shorthand that's easy for the audience to follow.

Shadow_KHII.png

Maleficent_%28Dragon%29_KHUX.png

556fb82e69beddcc55748a8f-750-563.jpg

Maleficent & Chernabog are the 2 villains viewed as the most pure & absolute evil beings in all of Disney film history, their frightening appearances utterly iconic. With both of them having solid black skin & glowing yellow eyes, Square made those traits the common atheistic of all heartless so the player immediately understands upon first seeing a heartless that it is a being of darkness. As such, darken skin & yellow eyes becomes the visual shorthand for human being associated with that same darkness.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean... because the series itself made such a big deal out of it?
Braig/Xigbar has two different closeup scenes which basically scream "LOOK AT HIS EYE AND HOW IMPORTANT IT IS", and was a theme clearly picked up again when years of KH III material kept showcasing the different vessels and their new eyes.
One of the greatest thingamabobs in the series' lore is an eye which gazes in the future and looks at us from 20 different weapons.

And considering those eyes aren't the ones they were born with but something they acquired due to a certain even that the series' author went and remarked, that puts them in a different case than Chernabog and Maleficent's villain representation.

OneDandelion

Awards
Brilliant reveal and brilliant character. It was obvious that Braig was a major character but the way hes set up no one could have predicted he was both Luxu, Xehanorts masters, as well as Xehanorts apprentice and acting under the presupposition that him (an original keyblade master) would have to have the keyblade he was given passed back down to him.

Its interesting to watch the past cutscenes knowing what we know now.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Uh, it's not stated that he's Xehanort's Master.

It's kinda implied. The master's keyblade hanging on the wall on display as he trains apprentices? The master's favorite story is about the "Lost Masters" someone who lived through the keyblade war would know that story well. Many many hints that it's the case.

Back