• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xigbar, Demyx, Luxord, Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey

T_T marluXia's one of my fave organization member.. and he gets a gay name.?! T_T

Jesus, would you stop calling things "gay" whenever you don't like something? It's offensive and utterly stupid. It's like saying "Namine is such a LoreiX."

Anyway...I always thought that Luxord, Xigbar, and Demyx were pronounced in-game in KH2. I could understand not pronouncing Luxord, because he purposely skips saying anything and goes right into the fight against him.

Anyway, I thought Luxord was (LUCK-Sword, like posted above), Xigbar was (ZIHG-bar), and Demyx was (DEHM-mix, or perhaps DEHM-mex). I guess, if Xion is pronounced as (SHE-on (or is it SHY-on?)), then Xigbar could be (SHIHG-bar), but...

State

Awards
I agree with Luxord and Xigbar, but Xion i beleive is pronounced Shee-on and Demyx would be Dem-ix.

I also agree with you. Xion should be pronounced "She-on" and Demyx "Dem-ix".​

Sacred X

Freshmeat
...they're names. When possible, they're pronounced the same in all languages.

What you talking about? Xemnas and Xemunasu are two different pronounciations.

It's extremely common and likely for a name to be pronounced differently depending on the language.

Last edited:

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
For me, Xemnas and Xemunasu are the same. They're pronounced differently due to accent, not intention. You don't switch around sounds, you don't change 'e' sounds to 'a' or 'i'. That's what I meant by that. "Shee-on" Shouldn't be transformed into "Zai-on" just because it "works that way" in English. It's like so many people pronounce FFVII's Reno as "Rino", which isn't right.

Last edited:

DarkRoxasNobody

how to pronunce 'Xion' always confuses me.. .i thought it was like 'Scion'. but figured it was stupid.. .then it was 'Sea-yon', but then again it's stupid.. XD

i gues 'Zi-on' is alright.. xp

as for the others..
Xemnas -- Zem-nas
Xigbar -- Zig-bar
Xaldin -- Zal-din
veXen -- Vek-sen
leXaeus -- Lek-seyus
zeXion -- Zek-see-yon
saiX -- Sayks
aXel -- Ak-sul
demyX -- Deh-miks
luXord -- Luck-sword
marluXia -- Mar-look-shia
larXene -- Lark-seen
roXas -- Rok-sas

XD

I thought Marluxia was pronounced Mar-lux-ia or Mar-loo-sha. Don't know which.

Diomedes

I aim to misbehave
After looking at all the guessing going on here, I'd say it looks like a tom-a-to - tom-aw-to kind of thing, you get me.

No,no,no, it is clearly more of a po-tay-to - po-taw-to

And I'm still pronouncing the names as I always have, not everyone says it exactly the same.

oreichalkos

Xigbar - zig+bar
Demyx - dem+ex
Luxord - lukksord
Xion - shi+on
Roxas - ro+ha xD

Lulz, there was a Philippine president[or something of equal status] whose name was Roxas and it's pronounced "ro+ha" or "ro+has".
...But i like Roxas being said like "rocks+os".

Anyway, there's my bit. Though, all of the name pronunciations i've posted, save for the Roxas one, have already been stated.
._. oh well.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
Lulz, there was a Philippine president[or something of equal status] whose name was Roxas and it's pronounced "ro+ha" or "ro+has".
...But i like Roxas being said like "rocks+os"..

he was a president.! his surname was Roxas.. and it's pronounced as Ro-has..

..i really hate it when you pronounce it that way.. X( :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back