• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xemnas. Why didn't he?...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Alright I made this thread because I was just going to let this one slide and wait till other games to point it out but I can't anymore lol

In the Ultimania of Birth By Sleep, one subject addressed was "Xemnas being a nobody of two keyblade wielders, Terra and Master Xehanort (technically speaking), why couldn't he wield a keyblade like Roxas who was a nobody of a keyblade wielder, Sora (& and to a small extent Ven seeing how he could use Ven's keyblade when dualwielding)?

Nomura responded with something that kind of ticked me off a bit but accepted. He may have not been using one intentionally. Here are some theories/hypothesis/speculations I came up with.

1. Apart of Xemnas was keeping him from using the keyblade to try and stop him consciously. What I mean by this is like how Xion was able to toss Riku the keyblade through Roxas. Maybe apart of Xemnas was holding the keyblade back so he couldn't carry out his warped and twisted plans. Whoever this is could vary from Terra to Eraqus to a mixture of the two, I don't know.

2. Here is one that is way to thought out to be true but I'm throwing in there anyway.
Riku was preventing him from using it. Hear me out, when Riku took on the appearance of Xehanort's Heartless he somehow managed to obtain another keyblade and dual wield at that as well. In KH1 correct me if I'm interpreting this wrong but Sora claimed Riku's keyblade as his own in Hollow Bastion and left Soul Eater with Riku from Post HB, through CoM, and beginning of KH2. Riku managed to obtain a keyblade AND another keyblade through the influence of Xehanort's heartless, this keyblade that he took as his own could have been the one Xemnas was intended to use. I mean Roxas and Sora are constantly trading everything with each other; memories, power, the keyblade so why can't Riku do it when he is in possesion of Xemnas' other half? Fanficish I know but I had to throw it on the table.

3. Maybe Nomura just threw that in there to be funny and there is no way Xemnas was capable of wielding a keyblade.

So please discuss.

Allister Rose

French Lover
this was said before...and it's going to be said again....people can lose there ability to sue the keyblade.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
this was said before...and it's going to be said again....people can lose there ability to sue the keyblade.

that is also true but the word that I'm tryin to imply is this: INTENTIONAL

Besides I don't recall someone losing the ability to lose their keyblade out of thin air. Probably forgotten they could, someone took it from them, or are unaware of the fact they can but with Xemnas intentional was thrown in there. He knew what a keyblade was, he knew what it was capable of, his whole self Apprentice Xehanort unlocked the door of Radiant Garden, he didn't simply lose it.

Allister Rose

French Lover
that is also true but the word that I'm tryin to imply is this: INTENTIONAL

Besides I don't recall someone losing the ability to lose their keyblade out of thin air. Probably forgotten they could, someone took it from them, or are unaware of the fact they can but with Xemnas intentional was thrown in there. He knew what a keyblade was, he knew what it was capable of, his whole self Apprentice Xehanort unlocked the door of Radiant Garden, he didn't simply lose it.

Rku lost the keyblade to sora. So amybe he can use one but doesn't have one to choose him, and no not out of thin air. your over simplifying and you know it.

Key to Truth

Awards
I think Xemnas CAN'T use the keyblade because his real beings (Xehanort and Terra) no longer exist, but Roxas and Xion could weild them because Sora was still alive somewhere and they were using Sora's keyblade, not their own.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Rku lost the keyblade to sora. So amybe he can use one but doesn't have one to choose him, and no not out of thin air. your over simplifying and you know it.

But who would he lose it to? And I'm not. Riku lost it to Sora there was someone to lose it to. Xemnas has 1 probably even 2 keyblades to chose from, MX's or even Terra's but doesn't. Xemnas is not in the same situation as Riku or Kairi. His true selves both wielded keyblades and both have one to their own hearts. Xemnas basically having the same qualities as Roxas doesn't use a keyblade. why is that? That is what I want to know and that's the point of the thread.

EDIT: and Key to Truth. It was confirmed Roxas was wielding Sora and Ven's keyblades when he dual wields. According to what you've stated Ven's keyblade shouldn't exist since he is in Sora but that's not the case.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I think Xemnas CAN'T use the keyblade because his real beings (Xehanort and Terra) no longer exist, but Roxas and Xion could weild them because Sora was still alive somewhere and they were using Sora's keyblade, not their own.
yeah i thinkt hat also works, sora' heart didn't fall into darkness

Relix

A traveler
Awards
yeah i thinkt hat also works, sora' heart didn't fall into darkness

Like I said Roxas uses both Ven and Sora's keyblades. Plus falling into darkness doesn't take the keyblade from you if that's what you're saying, I mean look at MX.

Key to Truth

Awards
But who would he lose it to? And I'm not. Riku lost it to Sora there was someone to lose it to. Xemnas has 1 probably even 2 keyblades to chose from, MX's or even Terra's but doesn't. Xemnas is not in the same situation as Riku or Kairi. His true selves both wielded keyblades and both have one to their own hearts. Xemnas basically having the same qualities as Roxas doesn't use a keyblade. why is that? That is what I want to know and that's the point of the thread.

EDIT: and Key to Truth. It was confirmed Roxas was wielding Sora and Ven's keyblades when he dual wields. According to what you've stated Ven's keyblade shouldn't exist since he is in Sora but that's not the case.

Really? Was it confirmed that Roxas was weilding both Ven and Sora's? I thought the second keyblade had to do something with Xion (hence it being Oathkeeper).

Allister Rose

French Lover
Really? Was it confirmed that Roxas was weilding both Ven and Sora's? I thought the second keyblade had to do something with Xion (hence it being Oathkeeper).
Xion awakened another keyblade inside sora, which could be from ven.

in BBS ven's keyblade was in realm of darkness. so maybe it was resummoned.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Yeah. Roxas was able to wield Sora and Ven's keyblade but to be able to wield them at the same time that power had to be awakened which in this situation is Xion's death. Xion awakened it within him basically but it was indeed Ven's.

I mean I don't get why would they even bother to say Xemnas wasn't using one intentionally I mean if they say he couldn't then i'd be fine but the word intentionally got thrown in there.

EDIT:
Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?
A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades.

Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

[picture: Roxas and Riku fighting]

Roxas awakens his ability to dual-wield with his will to not forget Xion who also wielded a keyblade.

State

Awards
I have a question:
Is there something as a keyblade that can destroy hearts completely?
If so:
Did Xemnas wield this kind of weapon?
If so:
Was this the reason he let Sora, Roxas and Xion battle the Heartless?

Aquaman OS

He couldn't use Terra's because Lingering Sentiment still had it worlds away in the Keyblade graveyard. So the only keyblade for him to use was MX's.

And while you can lose the keyblade it can only be done if taken by another Keyblade user with a stronger heart (Riku could take Sora's when Sora started to doubt if he was accomplishing anything. When Sora got his confidence back he stole it back, though it was helped by the fact that Riku didn't truely understand the blades power) or if you willingly give it to some other user. Well you can physically steal it even with a weaker heart but the person it recognizes as it's current master can just call it back to them so unless it's someone like Roxas that didn't know they could summon it back you won't have it for long.

But they can't lose their Keyblade powers itself once they have them. Once you've got it you've got it. The only person that might is Sora when he gives back Ven's heart since he was never granted the Keyblade power himself by an official master so he may lose them until properly rited.

Key to Truth

Awards
I still think Xemnas just couldn't use those keyblades for a reason still to be known, there would be no reason on having Roxas/Xion/Sora do the collecting hearts task when he could easily handle that task using his own keyblades.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i never seen a keyblade that can destroy a heart.

i don't think xemans ever wielded a weapon that destroyed the hearts. sure anyone can free a heart, but only the keyblade will take it to kingdom hearts.

he let sora battle the heartless so the hearts would go to kingdom hearts

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I have a feeling that Xemnas can weild a Keyblade but he wants to keep it secret like others have said.

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
than that would be stupid, there would be no use of sora-roxas-xion or even needing organization XIII at all.

That's true. Xemnas could have wanted others to do it for him. He did have plenty of goals, i dont think he wanted to be out there putting his lifeon the line by fighting the heartless when he oculd get children to do it for him thinking they were doing the right thing which fits Xemnas' profile, but all that work for no reason? That's why I was saying what if an outside party was preventing Xemnas from wielding but he knew he could, thats why he was so delighted to have others who could do it for him?

Aquaman OS

I don't think so. While I could buy him keeping it a secret so the rest of the Organization didn't try to conspire against him like they did to Roxas, he still doesn't use it when he's being defeated by two other keyblade users and the rest of his Organization was long dead so he had nothing left to hide.

I think he couldn't use it for whatever reason, whether he knew he could or not. Which would mean it was inacessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back