• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xemnas Hidden Agenda Uncovered.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Was Nobodies having the ability to grow hearts a retcon?

• yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

EliDZ

Website
www.youtube.com
Back in KH2 it appeared Xemnas wasn't really in it for giving the nobodies a heart. 358/2 Days came out and it confirmed Xemnas did have a secret agenda. The DDD came around we learn the true goal of Org 13 was to hook up Master Xehanorts heart to 13 vessels. So it'd be safe to assume that making 13 Xehanorts was Xemnas's hidden Agenda. However I disagree. One obvious contradiction is that Xemnas didn't seem concerned with losing members. The other is Xemnas seemed to be truly invested in using kingdom hearts for his own use. I have much more to say and prove

You can click the link to read my 16 page google doc or even better you can listen to the video/audio version. Once to read/watch this you might gain a whole new appreciation for the attention to detail Nomura puts in these games.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I thought Xemnas was a great tragic villain at first because he couldn’t feel sorrow, seemed to regret how much of an anomaly he was, and all that jazz. Then the latter reveal he was Terra’s body made him more sympathetic, as was his talking to Aqua’s Armor. However, Days made it clear he was still perfectly vile with his mysterious agenda.

3D came and revealed that he was faking it the whole time in a truly diabolical and delicious evil twist. That’s what made the boss fight against him so compelling. It made me like Xemnas even more for how much he played us and the characters like a fiddle.

III’s end for him was unexpectedly tragic. While my earlier sympathy for him made me feel for him as he died, I can see how some people might not have bought it thanks to 3D revealing he was faking his characterization in II. That said, I don’t think it’s quite as egregious as the more bittersweet end for Ansem, who never showed any sort of remorse or hesitation before, but it probably could’ve used some more-build-up.

EliDZ

Website
www.youtube.com
I thought Xemnas was a great tragic villain at first because he couldn’t feel sorrow, seemed to regret how much of an anomaly he was, and all that jazz. Then the latter reveal he was Terra’s body made him more sympathetic, as was his talking to Aqua’s Armor. However, Days made it clear he was still perfectly vile with his mysterious agenda.

3D came and revealed that he was faking it the whole time in a truly diabolical and delicious evil twist. That’s what made the boss fight against him so compelling. It made me like Xemnas even more for how much he played us and the characters like a fiddle.

III’s end for him was unexpectedly tragic. While my earlier sympathy for him made me feel for him as he died, I can see how some people might not have bought it thanks to 3D revealing he was faking his characterization in II. That said, I don’t think it’s quite as egregious as the more bittersweet end for Ansem, who never showed any sort of remorse or hesitation before, but it probably could’ve used some more-build-up.

To me it was hard to by that he was evil, because he lacked the emotion to really call him evil. He just seemed to have an agenda. The real problem was that we didn't know of his agenda. I think it has less to do with Nomura not building up the character and more with him wanting to leave the clues to the fans to put together. It is then that they will figure out the reasoning behind the characters motives. Did you watch/read my theory? What did you think of Xemnas's dream. I don't think from his perspective he thought he was evil given what he was trying to accomplished for his oppressed kind.

Back