• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xemas's Dragon disinigrating in KHFM2 Secret Ending?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultraboard101

Ive been searching for a while now on info about this. If you guys don't know what im referring to, pretty much, in the intro to the secret ending, when you see the secret Ansem reports scrolling down the screen, there are shots of the the dragon nobody that was a boss battle in the final fight with Xemnas. At one point you can very briefly see Terra standing on top of it. Then a few seconds later, it disintegrates and the actual intro starts, you know, where birth by sleep's ending started.

Why is this??? Why is it there?? This was never once mentioned in BBS, and Xemnas wasnt even created yet when this scene took place. It honestly baffles me as to what this is and why its in the keyblade graveyard. Does ANYONE have ANY information about this? It has been bothering me for a long long time now. I really wanted to take a few screen shots, but for some reason i cant take photo captures of things being played in a video player program. For refrence you can check this video from the 08:00 to about 0:55.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix - Birth By Sleep / Secret Ending [HD] - YouTube

On another note, does anyone know why Terra, Aqua and Ven are picking up sora/riku/mickeys keyblade? That is also never shown in BBS. Very Comfusing!!:confused::confused:

Gram

Banned
Awards
that aint no nobody for one thing the thing thats disintegrating in that ending is far to big to be a dragoon nobody and far to small to be xemnas' dragon.
also dude that was a concept type thing what was shown didnt necessarily get added to the actual story, like how ven is left handed in the ending but right in the actual game.

On another note, does anyone know why Terra, Aqua and Ven are picking up sora/riku/mickeys keyblade? That is also never shown in BBS.
again concept and or symbolism if you want to look into it, like i remember one member connecting this part to where TAV ended up at the end of bbs example:
kingdom key is a light realm keyblade and its in the light realm terra (and MX) end up, ven not only went into sleep but his body is in a world thats between light and dark (while riku's keyblade is of the light realm he himself is of light and dark and where ven ended up iscastle oblivion) and aqua got stuck in the dark realm (mickey's inverse kingdom key is a dark realm keyblade).

anyway just all concept if it didnt make it into the actual story dont worry bout it.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I don't think it was Xemnas's dragon per se (as you pointed out, it wouldn't make sense for the dragon Nobody to exist at that point). Maybe originally Nomura intended for you to do battle with some giant dragon-type enemy before the big fight with Xehanort, as a sort of penultimate boss fight? As Anagram pointed out, the Secret Endings are entirely conceptual, so they're open to interpretation. Most likely, it was just there to add to the atmosphere.

Same with the trio picking certain Keyblades. However, if you think about it, Terra was the one who initially gifted the Keyblade to Riku, which was inadvertently passed on to Sora as the Kingdom Key. Ven has the closest relationship to Mickey throughout BBS. And Aqua's hair is blue, just like Riku's. Makes total sense.

Edit: Yeah, totally mixed up who got whose Keyblades. Silly me. Basically, it makes no sense at all.

ultraboard101

ahhh okay, yeah i knew from it not being in BBS that it wasn't a important part of the story, but does anyone know what it actually was? I mean, if its all symbolism in the secret ending, then what would that be/mean if we never even know what it is. It really does look like the dragon that you fight in kh2, (not the nobody xemnas's dragon boss) but again like you guys said it is WAY to tiny. I mean, its like the first thing you see in the movie. I wish i could just ask Nomura myself, LOL it really bugs me just not knowing what it is.

Gram

Banned
Awards
but does anyone know what it actually was?

thats the thing tho we dont know what it is cause its a concept vid so what it is, was and even its name was never revealed.
you'd have to ask nomura to find out XD

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I feel it's just symbolic.

To an extent though, I've always felt Nomura originally wanted the Keyblade War to occur in the same time as BBS with the battle between TAV and MX ending the conflict. After all, the time period which Xigbar told Zexion about in which "Keyblade wielders fought GREAT battles" sounds more like a war than the BBS we actually got.

Gram

Banned
Awards
everything b4 bbs made its seem more like a war than we got :[ -remembers evil grinning terra images-

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
everything b4 bbs made its seem more like a war than we got :[ -remembers evil grinning terra images-

Hahaha, he looked like such a villain in those images.

As much as I like BBS, I feel like a game with a war going on could have been even better.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don't think it's supposed to be Xemnas' dragon thing. It could be an early design of Terra's Keyblade Glider. Since it's just concept, I don't think about it much.

iC3

Never really noticed this concept but i don't completely believe that it was "The Dragon" but something is there.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Sometimes, I hate conceptual videos. I realize they are made to peak interests and all, but they bring these epic ideas to the table and they sort of fall flat at times...

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't think it's supposed to be Xemnas' dragon thing. It could be an early design of Terra's Keyblade Glider. Since it's just concept, I don't think about it much.
nah terra is holding his keyblade as it vanishes.

Roxas9001 said:
I wish Ven was still left handed, way too many right handed keyblade users.
i do to would've made a little more unique >.> lord knows with that face of his he needed it.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I always assumed (and I think I read somewhere as well) that the creature was originally intended to serve as a sort of near the end of the game boss (see Chernabog, Marluxia first form, Xemnas first form) that was cut from the game. IIRC there was an interview that said that each of the characters was to have an epic boss fight before the end, and then they all meet up in the middle (implying they land on different spots of the keyblade graveyard) but they were cut for time reasons. Kind of a shame if any of this is true as I would have loved one more boss fight with Terra especially, seeing as he has just struck down Eraqus and is likely seething with rage and self loathing but also wanting to redeem himself.

In any case its just concept stuff, and its definitely not Xemnas' dragon

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
i do to would've made a little more unique >.> lord knows with that face of his he needed it.

Yeah, as if him having an up to now unique backhanded fighting style, relying mostly on speed and a mix of wind and light instead of only light (Roxas) or brute force (Sora) , having a more cheerful personality than Roxas and a more insecure one than Sora doesn't make him unique enough already. <__<

I always assumed (and I think I read somewhere as well) that the creature was originally intended to serve as a sort of near the end of the game boss (see Chernabog, Marluxia first form, Xemnas first form) that was cut from the game. IIRC there was an interview that said that each of the characters was to have an epic boss fight before the end, and then they all meet up in the middle (implying they land on different spots of the keyblade graveyard) but they were cut for time reasons. Kind of a shame if any of this is true as I would have loved one more boss fight with Terra especially, seeing as he has just struck down Eraqus and is likely seething with rage and self loathing but also wanting to redeem himself.

In any case its just concept stuff, and its definitely not Xemnas' dragon

The secret ending of the regular KH 2 was one of the earliest concept states where Nomura did not even had decided fully on TAV's faces, so intentions for future in-game bosses where surely not already considered.
Just as the keyblades from Sora, Riku and Mickey, this whatever-it-was-thing was only put there for show and mystery.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yeah, as if him having an up to now unique backhanded fighting style, relying mostly on speed and a mix of wind and light instead of only light (Roxas) or brute force (Sora) , having a more cheerful personality than Roxas and a more insecure one than Sora doesn't make him unique enough already. <__<
May seem so to you but aside from his backhanded style all that took away from his uniqueness for me.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
May seem so to you but aside from his backhanded style all that took away from his uniqueness for me.

Only shows that we have completely different views of the characters, as I myself can very good differentiate between all three, Sora, Roxas and Ventus. They may be similar, but each of them has still their unique traits and quirks.

I'd interested though why you say "all that" took away from Ven's uniqueness when "all that" I listed in my last post are things that clearly set him apart from Roxas or Sora.

Last edited:

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]

I second this.

Also, I didn't see that dragon in the secret end before. It's most likely just some sort of shading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back