• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort's true identity and past theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikazuki

Well I've been checking KHinsider.com for a while now on news and events, though not the forums, so I don't know if anyone has a theory that's like this one as well, but I'll state it anyway.

Ok, basically, everything starts out with Master Xehanort disappearing, as is the introduction for Birth by Sleep. Three young Keyblade apprentices were then sent out to venture forth and locate him. Along the way, they go to many worlds, encountering several Disney characters, such as Terra meeting Maleficent. Terra and Ven (Which is not his real name) obviously become friends during the journey, if they weren't friends before it even started that is. I can't really speak about their relationship with Aqua as we don't see much interaction with her, the only image we even possibly see of her is a shadow which looks like her figure while the actual person talks to Ven. Basically, these three all gather together during the journey and find Master Xehanort. It's my belief that Master Xehanort had left them to venture forth to find Kingdom Hearts, or something similar to it as he might not have known about Kingdom Hearts itself at the time, although it is possible that he did. Having now abandoned his people so that he may gain ultimate power and wisdom, Terra and the others can not agree with this, therefore they pose a threat to him. Since he sees them as nothing more than pests at that time, they all engage in a battle, along with an unknown Keyblade wielder joining in on Xehanort's side, whom we might be able to assume is his apprentice. They begin to fight, though it's clear they cannot defeat him. Aqua is hurt, Ven is frozen, and Terra is suffering from fatigue. Xehanort somehow summons a great, almighty power, most likely being Kingdom Hearts itself, and proceeds towards it. As he does, Terra realizes he cannot beat him in his current state. At that point, he accepts darkness into his heart to attempt to defeat him, though possibly not intentionally. A comparison would be how Riku had to allow darkness into his heart to defeat Roxas, as he realized that he needed darkness to be able to fight in the dark realm, or nothing realm, whatever you'd classify The World that Never Was as. So we can only assume that he fought Master Xehanort with this power, though the outcome is unknown. He could have defeated and vanquished Master Xehanort, but I believe the more likely scenario is that he was able to fight on par with him now, and Master Xehanort attempted to use the power of Kingdom Hearts, but was overcome by it and therefore defeated.

My idea of what happens next is a little shady, but bare with me. I believe that Kingdom Hearts somehow emitted it's power and began to overtake either the area of the battle and everything there, or just the Keyblade warriors themselves, which may be more likely since we saw Mickey at the battlefield after this whole battle took place, though we don't know when he arrived there. Could have been before, after, during the Kingdom Hearts games we played, we just don't know. Anyway, with their hearts or that area of battle taken over, what happened to Terra next is similar to what happened to Sora. He somehow arrived at Radiant Garden, and I'm sure it was through the use of the dark corridors, though unintentionally if so. Using this power, his heart was overtook enough so that he could no longer remember anything and his appearance was altered. Or, if he did not use the corridors of darkness to escape, while he somehow traveled to Radiant Garden, the darkness that he allowed into his heart to battle Master Xehanort partially overtook him, and that altered his appearance. Basically the same thing either way. This is why when he was found, he was in bad condition. He was hurt from the battle and his memories were gone, though he remembered the name "Xehanort," which is because he had such hatred for Master Xehanort, which is proven by fighting the extra secret boss in Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+.

Since that's all he remembered, he went by that name. Due to not remembering anything, he had no knowledge of the fact that he could use the Keyblade, and therefore couldn't summon it, though still had a strong enough heart to wield one. So, Ansem the Wise then began experimentation with hearts and darkness and such, which Xehanort had a great passion for, possibly because he had to deal with such things in the past, though he was unaware of that at the time. Ansem realized that that was dangerous and stopped the experiments, but Xehanort continued and went under Ansem's name. At this point, Xehanort realized that there could be a heart of a world, and explored Radiant Garden for such a thing. He eventually found a door that led to the heart of the world, though not just anyone can open it. Riku opened the one on Destiny Islands, but only because he had a heart strong enough to wield the Keyblade, and was originally meant to until he dipped himself too steeply in darkness and lost himself. With such power, he opened the door, which originally exposed himself to the darkness. Xehanort, or should I say Terra at this point, has a heart powerful enough to wield a Keyblade and might have still be able too since he may not have been too deeply sunk in darkness at the time, though couldn't call it forth because he had no idea of how to do so, which I've said. He opened the door, entered it, and furthered himself in darkness. He even exposed his fellow students in it.

At this point, he realized he was not able to venture forth any further, or more accurately, his body was not. Therefore, he shunned it off, but did so by losing his heart to darkness, making himself a Heartless. Though he was extremely unique. His Heartless was able to retain consciousness and goals and it's memories somehow. His Heartless then continued to search for the ultimate heart, Kingdom Hearts, which he believed could only exist in great darkness. Now if you remember, he did not originally retain a human form when he became a Heartless. I believe that he only had that human form by "borrowing" Riku's body. He blended his heart with Riku's and then possibly shunned Riku's part of the heart off, still keeping a solid body somehow at the time. It's a very confusing situation, such as the creation of Namine as she should truly not exist because Roxas had Sora's left over body, while she did not. Or maybe she kept a portion of Sora's body, though that's not likely because Roxas contained the other half of what Sora was, so what Namine was comprised of at all baffles me. But I digress.

Xehanort's Heartless was eventually defeated by Sora when he was filled with the light from Kingdom Hearts, though some of his darkness remained in Riku's heart due to his heart having blended with Riku's. Just a side note, when Riku first fused with Xehanort's Heartless, he might have been able to form his own Keyblade and such due to Xehanort's Heartless somehow possibly remembering his time as Terra, therefore knowing he could wield a Keyblade, or maybe Riku's heart was used for the purpose of wielding a Keyblade as he did not wield one after having shunned Riku's heart off and taken on his humanoid Heartless form. Though that Keyblade was comprised of Six of the Princesses of Hearts' hearts, so that's debatable.

Now the story shifts to Xemnas. I believe he must have completely remembered his time as Terra, hence why he was talking to the armor of Aqua and calling it "friend." It makes perfect sense if you think about it. Now he was searching for Kingdom Hearts to either gain ultimate power, or to try to find his heart, as that was said to be a goal of all Nobodies, which would make Sora/Roxas the only one to ever be able to do it as far as we know, although I suppose the Kairi/Namine thing is another example. Anyway, Xemnas's plan failed as he was defeated by Sora, even after fusing with the power of the fragmented Kingdom Hearts. And with that, Terra's Heartless and Nobody was defeated, safe for the darkness of Xehanort's Heartless left in Riku's heart, though since he could no longer use darkness at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, that might be gone as well.

Whew, that was alot of typing. Anyway, I believe that is Terra's ENTIRE story and how Kingdom Hearts and all even came to be through his legacy leading to the creation of the two main antagonists. I tried to give as many details as possible so you can understand where I'm coming from, so hopefully if you have all the patience to read through all that (I think you'd qualify as a saint if you did) then I hope you don't get any headaches. >.< So, once again, gomen (sorry) if this exact theory was already thought up, but I just felt the need to FINALLY get it all outta my system.

Oh, a little side-theory to go with this, I believe that the 14th member of Organization XIII could be the Nobody of Aqua, but that's another tale for another day. :D Please comment and tell me what you think. :D

Once again, sorry about the loooooooong theory. >.< Oh, and a little side information I forgot to throw in, I believe that every Nobody that kept human form either had a strong enough heart to wield the Keyblade, or actually did, though the only reason Roxas still could was because Sora was still around, but I don't have a solid way of explaining that connection...But I hope you get what I'm trying to go with with that.

*~*~*~UPDATES~*~*~*

*When Master Xehanort attempted to approach that huge mass of energy in the shape of a heart, for whatever reason, it backfired much like Ansem the Wise's machine did and caused an explosion, destroying him and altering Terra's appearance, wiping his memories away, and sending him off to Radiant Garden. - Credit goes to OmniChaos

*When Xemnas says "old friend" to the pile of armor, most likely being Aqua's, he could mean this in a sense of saying it without himself believing it. To better explain it, he could be meaning that Aqua thought of him as a friend, but he no longer believes he was to her because maybe he was unable to save her life during that battle with Master Xehanort. - Credit goes to OmniChaos and myself

Last edited:
T

tazztig

That was too much to read. But as far as I know VAT master sent them to find MX.

Mikazuki

No offense, but you replied a second after I typed it, did you really read it that fast?! @.@ You have like Superman-errr, Supergirl eyes. @.@ And sorry but I don't know what VAT or MX stands fo-OHH! Ven, Aqua, Terra, and Master Xehanort, right? :D I'm a n00b, gotta love me. :D

And yeah, did I not put that? I guess I over looked that detail, but it's already basic knowledge that it was their master that sent them out.

Also, I don't think they all had the same master. Maybe Terra and Ven did, but Aqua...Ehh, I just don't think so. I don't think they all started off together, so that'd lead me to believe she has a different master.

Also, Noo Monkey, with all do respect, ain't posting to say that someone's opinion don't matter...While not giving any input on the actual thing that the thread is about...Just as bad? On the other forum I go to, that'd be spam, but I don't really know the rules here all that well so...Egg on my face if I'm wrong. :p (Can't believe I just said "egg on my face," someone shoot me. >.<)

T

tazztig

No offense, but you replied a second after I typed it, did you really read it that fast?! @.@ You have like Superman-errr, Supergirl eyes. @.@ And sorry but I don't know what VAT or MX stands fo-OHH! Ven, Aqua, Terra, and Master Xehanort, right? :D I'm a n00b, gotta love me. :D

And yeah, did I not put that? I guess I over looked that detail, but it's already basic knowledge that it was their master that sent them out.

Also, I don't think they all had the same master. Maybe Terra and Ven did, but Aqua...Ehh, I just don't think so. I don't think they all started off together, so that'd lead me to believe she has a different master.

Also, Noo Monkey, with all do respect, ain't posting to say that someone's opinion don't matter...While not giving any input on the actual thing that the thread is about...Just as bad? On the other forum I go to, that'd be spam, but I don't really know the rules here all that well so...Egg on my face if I'm wrong. :p (Can't believe I just said "egg on my face," someone shoot me. >.<)

Actually I skim through it because this has been posted a thousand times. Mostly Yannis made all the theory's about MX, so I knew what it was about from the title.>>LOL. Xd

FINALDISNEY

Kagemane no Jutsu

uuuuhhhh..... i believe its been confirmed they have the same master

Mikazuki

Oh, well I figured. :p I figured I might as well post anywho.

I haven't seen any confirmation like that FINALDISNEY. Could you find me some verification please?

Sora-keyblade

I live in the dark the dark lives in the shadows a
Well I've been checking KHinsider.com for a while now on news and events, though not the forums, so I don't know if anyone has a theory that's like this one as well, but I'll state it anyway.

Ok, basically, everything starts out with Master Xehanort disappearing, as is the introduction for Birth by Sleep. Three young Keyblade apprentices were then sent out to venture forth and locate him. Along the way, they go to many worlds, encountering several Disney characters, such as Terra meeting Maleficent. Terra and Ven (Which is not his real name) obviously become friends during the journey, if they weren't friends before it even started that is. I can't really speak about their relationship with Aqua as we don't see much interaction with her, the only image we even possibly see of her is a shadow which looks like her figure while the actual person talks to Ven. Basically, these three all gather together during the journey and find Master Xehanort. It's my belief that Master Xehanort had left them to venture forth to find Kingdom Hearts, or something similar to it as he might not have known about Kingdom Hearts itself at the time, although it is possible that he did. Having now abandoned his people so that he may gain ultimate power and wisdom, Terra and the others can not agree with this, therefore they pose a threat to him. Since he sees them as nothing more than pests at that time, they all engage in a battle, along with an unknown Keyblade wielder joining in on Xehanort's side, whom we might be able to assume is his apprentice. They begin to fight, though it's clear they cannot defeat him. Aqua is hurt, Ven is frozen, and Terra is suffering from fatigue. Xehanort somehow summons a great, almighty power, most likely being Kingdom Hearts itself, and proceeds towards it. As he does, Terra realizes he cannot beat him in his current state. At that point, he accepts darkness into his heart to attempt to defeat him, though possibly not intentionally. A comparison would be how Riku had to allow darkness into his heart to defeat Roxas, as he realized that he needed darkness to be able to fight in the dark realm, or nothing realm, whatever you'd classify The World that Never Was as. So we can only assume that he fought Master Xehanort with this power, though the outcome is unknown. He could have defeated and vanquished Master Xehanort, but I believe the more likely scenario is that he was able to fight on par with him now, and Master Xehanort attempted to use the power of Kingdom Hearts, but was overcome by it and therefore defeated.

My idea of what happens next is a little shady, but bare with me. I believe that Kingdom Hearts somehow emitted it's power and began to overtake either the area of the battle and everything there, or just the Keyblade warriors themselves, which may be more likely since we saw Mickey at the battlefield after this whole battle took place, though we don't know when he arrived there. Could have been before, after, during the Kingdom Hearts games we played, we just don't know. Anyway, with their hearts or that area of battle taken over, what happened to Terra next is similar to what happened to Sora. He somehow arrived at Radiant Garden, and I'm sure it was through the use of the dark corridors, though unintentionally if so. Using this power, his heart was overtook enough so that he could no longer remember anything and his appearance was altered. Or, if he did not use the corridors of darkness to escape, while he somehow traveled to Radiant Garden, the darkness that he allowed into his heart to battle Master Xehanort partially overtook him, and that altered his appearance. Basically the same thing either way. This is why when he was found, he was in bad condition. He was hurt from the battle and his memories were gone, though he remembered the name "Xehanort," which is because he had such hatred for Master Xehanort, which is proven by fighting the extra secret boss in Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+.

Since that's all he remembered, he went by that name. Due to not remembering anything, he had no knowledge of the fact that he could use the Keyblade, and therefore couldn't summon it, though still had a strong enough heart to wield one. So, Ansem the Wise then began experimenation with hearts and darkness and such, which Xehanort had a great passion for, possibly because he had to deal with such things in the past, though he was unaware of that at the time. Ansem realized that that was dangerous and stopped the experiments, but Xehanort continued and went under Ansem's name. At this point, Xehanort realized that there could be a heart of a world, and explored Radiant Garden for such a thing. He eventually found a door that led to the heart of the world, though not just anyone can open it. Riku opened the one on Destiny Islands, but only because he had a heart strong enough to wield the Keyblade, and was originally meant to until he dipped himself too steeply in darkness and lost himself. With such power, he opened the door, which originally exposed himself to the darkness. Xehanort, or should I say Terra at this point, has a heart powerful enough to wield a Keyblade and might have still be able too since he may not have been too deeply sunk in darkness at the time, though couldn't call it forth because he had no idea of how to do so, which I've said. He opened the door, entered it, and furthered himself in darkness. He even exposed his fellow students in it.

At this point, he realized he was not able to venture forth any further, or more accurately, his body was not. Therefore, he shunned it off, but did so by losing his heart to darkness, making himself a Heartless. Though he was extremely unique. His Heartless was able to retain consciousness and goals and it's memories somehow. His Heartless then continued to search for the ultimate heart, Kingdom Hearts, which he believed could only exist in great darkness. Now if you remember, he did not originally retain a human form when he became a Heartless. I believe that he only had that human form by "borrowing" Riku's body. He blended his heart with Riku's and then possibly shunned Riku's part of the heart off, still keeping a solid body somehow at the time. It's a very confusing situation, such as the creation of Namine as she should truly not exist because Roxas had Sora's left over body, while she did not. Or maybe she kept a portion of Sora's body, though that's not likely because Roxas contained the other half of what Sora was, so what Namine was comprised of at all baffles me. But I digress.

Xehanort's Heartless was eventually defeated by Sora when he was filled with the light from Kingdom Hearts, though some of his darkness remained in Riku's heart due to his heart having blended with Riku's. Just a side note, when Riku first fused with Xehanort's Heartless, he might have been able to form his own Keyblade and such due to Xehanort's Heartless somehow possibly remembering his time as Terra, therefore knowing he could wield a Keyblade, or maybe Riku's heart was used for the purpose of wielding a Keyblade as he did not wield one after having shunned Riku's heart off and taken on his humanoid Heartless form. Though that Keyblade was comprised of Six of the Princesses of Hearts' hearts, so that's debatable.

Now the story shifts to Xemnas. I believe he must have completely remembered his time as Terra, hence why he was talking to the armor of Aqua and calling it "friend." It makes perfect sense if you think about it. Now he was searching for Kingdom Hearts to either gain ultimate power, or to try to find his heart, as that was said to be a goal of all Nobodies, which would make Sora/Roxas the only one to ever be able to do it as far as we know, although I suppose the Kairi/Namine thing is another example. Anyway, Xemnas's plan failed as he was defeated by Sora, even after fusing with the power of the fragmented Kingdom Hearts. And with that, Terra's Heartless and Nobody was defeated, safe for the darkness of Xehanort's Heartless left in Riku's heart, though since he could no longer use darkness at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, that might be gone as well.

Whew, that was alot of typing. Anyway, I believe that is Terra's ENTIRE story and how Kingdom Hearts and all even came to be through his legacy leading to the creation of the two main antagonists. I tried to give as many details as possible so you can understand where I'm coming from, so hopefully if you have all the patience to read through all that (I think you'd qualify as a saint if you did) then I hope you don't get any headaches. >.< So, once again, gomen (sorry) if this exact theory was already thought up, but I just felt the need to FINALLY get it all outta my system.

Oh, a little side-theory to go with this, I believe that the 14th member of Organization XIII could be the Nobody of Aqua, but that's another tale for another day. :D Please comment and tell me what you think. :D

Once again, sorry about the loooooooong theory. >.< Oh, and a little side information I forgot to throw in, I believe that every Nobody that kept human form either had a strong enough heart to wield the Keyblade, or actually did, though the only reason Roxas still could was because Sora was still around, but I don't have a solid way of explaining that connection...But I hope you get what I'm trying to go with with that.

wow thanks for giving me something interesting to read and there is a 50% this is correct :nahnah: good job lol

Awards
wow thanks for giving me something interesting to read and there is a 50% this is correct :nahnah: good job lol

If someone makes a theory that goes against something Nomura has confirmed, there's actually more likely to be a 0% chance of it being correct.

Mikazuki

Yays!! I got creditted on a good job!! Woot woot!! ^.^

~Runs around screaming.~

I can die ha-ppy now!! :D

Anything you disagree with at all? And 50%!??! If that was on my report card my mom would yell at me, I gotta have a better grade than that! >.<

Noo Monkey, what in that theory is against something Nomura has said? Mind pointing it out and clarifying for me?

Awards
Nomura confirmed that VAT's master is one person alone.
And no, I can't provide any proof, apart from the fact if you ask anyone with decent knowledge of BBS they'll say that it's been confirmed.

Mikazuki

Ok, well I can respect opinions and go with a vast majority just as well as anyone else, but you act as if my entire theory's point was "THEY ALL HAVE DIFFERENT MASTERS!!!" That was a small detail that I could have apparently gotten wrong. Please don't dub my entire theory as incorrect and having a "0% chance of it being correct" when the point that was invalid was not the main point being made. I'd definitely appreciate that. ^.^

Mikazuki

Awww, well that's alright then Sora-keyblade. It's your honest opinion, I couldn't ask for anything more. ^.^ Just know that parts of my theory are interchangable just so long as the main point remains intact.

And Noo Monkey, not to sound disrespectful, but if you don't read the theory and don't make a comment based on your own knowledge of the purpose of the thread and and believe that your opinion doesn't even matter, and you say this because you didn't read it, then why are you posting? That defeats the purpose OF posting, so it'd probably be better if you didn't waste your time.

Awards
I like my post count to go up. Still gotta make Platinum some day.
Besides, it's your choice if you take my opinion into consideration anyway.

Mikazuki

You're not posting on my theory itself as you've said, only on the comments the others are making, so I can't take them into consideration because they don't pertain to the actual point. Also, I know I'm new, but isn't posting just to raise your post count spam and considered...Ahhh, wrong. I wouldn't even want my post count high if I got it high just from posting to get it higher. Those posts wouldn't have a meaning, and wouldn't even qualify as a post in my opinion.

Also, I take it as disrespect that you're just posting to raise your post count in my thread about my own theory. You're not respecting it at all by doing that, and everyone deserves to be shown respect, at least if they don't give you reason to not like them, and I just came to this forum, so I've done nothing worthy of you disrespecting me, so I gotta ask you to please stop, I'd appreciate it.

Sora-keyblade, can I ask what part changed your mind to make you think that my theory has a 0% chance of being correct?

^ ^ And thank you KingdomSealer. ^_^

Awards
Alright, I read some of it to stop you from being offended by me posting.

That part in the first paragraph has been confirmed to be closer to the end, and not the start.
The second paragraph is incorrect, because the fight with the L.S. has been confirmed as non-canon.
Third paragraph - It has been confirmed there are no heartless in BBS. That means all of your theory about the time setting in KH2 is wrong.
The rest of the theory is wrong, because BBS is set 10 years in the past, not during KH2.

Happy now?

Also, it's not really spam if it's on topic.
It was. Spam is more like soming onto your thread and saying "OMG n00b lulz...<<<>>"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back