• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort's plan to create the X Blade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I made this thread to see if I can get an explanation for Xehanort's plans in BBS and DDD mainly because I'm still a little hazy on some of the plot points in DDD. In BBS he created Vanitas to fight with Ventus so as to have a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness fight to create the X Blade. That plan didn't work since Ventus destroyed Vanitas and caused his own heart to fall asleep. Then in DDD he comes up with the whole 13 darknesses and 7 lights. My question is why didn't he try the BBS plan again and if the DDD plan is better why go for that one?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Here's the thing, and it might be a bit confusing but stay with me.

The X-Blade is born when strong, equal, but opposing forces of light and dark clash. The X-Blade was shattered into 20 pieces. Seven of light and thirteen of darkness. The best way of conjuring the X-Blade is to get 7 lights and 13 darknesses of equal power to clash in order to emulate the broken pieces of the X-Blade. The method Xehanort first attempted in Birth by Sleep was a quicker way because it dealt with a pure light and an undiluted darkness, Xehanort admits that it was a hasty attempt. We see that the X-Blade Ven and Vanitas conjured was unstable and not complete, Xehanort does not want a repeat performance of his failure. The DDD plan undoubtedly is the longer road, but it seems like the only method that won't fail. It's taken ten years to perfect, and then some. I'd be hesitant too if I were Xehanort.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The way using Ven-Van was the "improper" way according to MX. He even admits he done it in haste.
The proper way to do it is 7 lights vs 13 darkness mirroring the amount of shards the X-blade shattered into.

So in light of this he set about his plans to do it the "proper" way which is were Ansem & Xemnas come in. Xemnas was to gather 13 vessels and then use his false kingdom hearts to fill them with Xehanort's heart and mind.
Ansem was used to find 7 pure lights for MX while at the same time setting up the events of both KH1 and DDD. By being there on Destiny Islands on the day it fell he connected the world to both sleep and darkness as well as being what allowed Young Xehanort to follow Sora & Riku into the dream realm.
Ansem also gave YX the time travel power inherited from MX discarding his body and sent him on his trip to gather the other Xehanort's to take the place of the old Org.

Ansem & Xemnas pretty much just took his long term plan, divided it in half and then went about their ways of putting into action. Using his two halves MX essentially set up everything up till DDD when he revived as his old creepy self.
This is why MX says that "only the future lies beyond my sight".

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah okay thanks for the info guys. While the Ven and Vanitas plan could've worked it wasn't a 100% plan like the 13 darknesses and 7 lights. And Anagram thanks for pointing out how Xemnas and Ansem caused MX's plans to succeed. He really did think things far in advance. One other question, if Vanitas had defeated Ventus in that last fight in Ven's heart then would the X Blade have been completed and MX's plan have worked?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Ah okay thanks for the info guys. While the Ven and Vanitas plan could've worked it wasn't a 100% plan like the 13 darknesses and 7 lights. And Anagram thanks for pointing out how Xemnas and Ansem caused MX's plans to succeed. He really did think things far in advance. One other question, if Vanitas had defeated Ventus in that last fight in Ven's heart then would the X Blade have been completed and MX's plan have worked?
Probably not, it was an unstable attempt, and destroying one side would have affected it poorly regardless.

NeoshadowXC

Honestly the reason for all of this is because Nomura is making it up as he goes along. But in the world of the story, he didn't try the BBS plan again because it took him forever and it failed miserably, leaving him without his powers and full amnesia. So now that's going again, he's going for broke and doing it with 7 vs. 13.

Anthony12KH

Well, this all started with Master Xehanort stating he was getting old. When one thinks about getting old, time is suddenly a factor. The Ven-Vanitas plan is the quicker method, but now that the events after BBS happened, he has all, but 2 pieces left to complete his 7vs13 plan, which will take no time at all now.

davidXIIIaxel

Well, this all started with Master Xehanort stating he was getting old. When one thinks about getting old, time is suddenly a factor. The Ven-Vanitas plan is the quicker method, but now that the events after BBS happened, he has all, but 2 pieces left to complete his 7vs13 plan, which will take no time at all now.
yeah thats true, because he was explaining about how he still has things to do and that he had a plan to finish. so it goes into play pretty nicely.

Anthony12KH

yeah thats true, because he was explaining about how he still has things to do and that he had a plan to finish. so it goes into play pretty nicely.

Its funny though, since the BBS plan took 4 years, which I'm sure he didnt want. If he did the DDD plan himself instead, I can only imagine how much time that would take. lol

MegaCore5

Awards
I made this thread to see if I can get an explanation for Xehanort's plans in BBS and DDD mainly because I'm still a little hazy on some of the plot points in DDD. In BBS he created Vanitas to fight with Ventus so as to have a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness fight to create the X Blade. That plan didn't work since Ventus destroyed Vanitas and caused his own heart to fall asleep. Then in DDD he comes up with the whole 13 darknesses and 7 lights. My question is why didn't he try the BBS plan again and if the DDD plan is better why go for that one?
. Xehanorts ultimate mission as a seeker of darkness is to re-create think he really wore to overlap in your hearts and discover what truly lies within it. He try the X blade at first but things didn't work out and then Vanitas was destroyed so he had to go back to the drawing board and try something else and that is why he went with the seven pieces of white and 13 of darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back