• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort's Name

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallflower3582

It just occurred to me... What if Xehanort's real name isn't Xehanort or even anything related to it? I know it's an anagram of "No Heart" or maybe even "Another, " plus the letter X, but both of the originals aren't really names, even by KH standards. Maybe he has another name but chose to go by Xehanort instead when he became involved with darkness. This has probably already been suggested at some point, but with all the rumors going around with the "he's not got yellow eyes in the opening cutscene trailer which means that he might really just be under another villain's control" theory, (still not a fan of that idea...) I've been wondering how much we really know about him at all.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Xehanort is an anagram of "another" and "no heart"? Wow I never noticed before.

I think Xehanort is his actual birth name. Plus they already did the real name reveal with Ansem. It would be really underwhelming if it happened again

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
That would be pretty awesome and that's what I've been considering too since there's the NO HEART armor and the password for entering the chamber of repose was ANOTHER. I honestly don't mind if he's being controlled, because that's been a pretty heavy theme for the series.

Wallflower3582

Maybe its a name that's passed down with the Keyblade called No Name. No Name and No Heart. Cos we never really heard the Master of Master's name, and while I've always been fond of the theory that it's connected to Vanitas (since all the other Foretellers names are based on the Latin names for the 7 deadly sins with the exception of Pride/Vanity…), it's fully possible the reason his name was never revealed was because it's related to No Heart/Xehanort or something... Plus, in the 2015 trailer with the chess game between Eraqus and YX they never addressed each other by name, so who knows if he was called something else at that point. But this is all pure speculation so who knows…

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
A Throne
A Hornet
No Hater

I really don't want it that he's been using an alias this whole time and it turns out his real one is Bob or something, but...I can almost see it happening? Like taking the No Name in turn means you forego your original name. However I just don't see the point in it.

Wallflower3582

What if the MoM is a Xehanort or something and he sends his heart forward in time (which makes him disappear in his own time) to take over YX, thereby passing on the name and becoming the real villain, playing out all the events exactly like a chess game using the foresight he gets from No Name? Then, technically, "Xehanort" would still have been the bad guy of the series but it goes with the theory that the Xehanort we know has been manipulated this whole time? (I think I should stop now lol I'm pretty much theorizing with myself and I'm now realizing how outlandish this is sounding)

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
What if the MoM is a Xehanort or something and he sends his heart forward in time (which makes him disappear in his own time) to take over YX, thereby passing on the name and becoming the real villain, playing out all the events exactly like a chess game using the foresight he gets from No Name? Then, technically, "Xehanort" would still have been the bad guy of the series but it goes with the theory that the Xehanort we know has been manipulated this whole time? (I think I should stop now lol I'm pretty much theorizing with myself and I'm now realizing how outlandish this is sounding)

Could be true, we don't know what's in the box? It could be MoM.

lusca_bueno

What I believe is the case is that "YX" as we know him might not be "Xehanort" at all. Considering his password in KHII being "Another" it makes sense that Xehanort is just a huge line of possessions through the generations, and that "another" implies another vessel. Proof of this would be Terra being called Xehanort after his posession. What is unusual about Terra is that he retained his heart though, and old man Xehanort didn't expect that, which could imply normaly the new vessels should have "No Heart" left after the process.

Both terms agree very well in this sense, another meaning the new vessel, and no heart meaning its state. So just like Terra, I expect "Young Xehanort" will also have an original name before his possession.

I also believe the other playable character in KHIII is Xehanort, I'm sure Nomura will try to humanize his actions somehow, and playing the possession card is the perfect opportunity to show where he comes from in Destiny Islands and how he ended up in this whole mess. Also his motivations, which might hold the key to the dark/light balance discussion.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
What I believe is the case is that "YX" as we know him might not be "Xehanort" at all. Considering his password in KHII being "Another" it makes sense that Xehanort is just a huge line of possessions through the generations, and that "another" implies another vessel. Proof of this would be Terra being called Xehanort after his posession. What is unusual about Terra is that he retained his heart though, and old man Xehanort didn't expect that, which could imply normaly the new vessels should have "No Heart" left after the process.

Both terms agree very well in this sense, another meaning the new vessel, and no heart meaning its state. So just like Terra, I expect "Young Xehanort" will also have an original name before his possession.

I also believe the other playable character in KHIII is Xehanort, I'm sure Nomura will try to humanize his actions somehow, and playing the possession card is the perfect opportunity to show where he comes from in Destiny Islands and how he ended up in this whole mess. Also his motivations, which might hold the key to the dark/light balance discussion.

That would be cool! I don't see why people think that would be a bad thing, since they clearly intend to continue the series after 3 anyway even if it's mostly with UX for a while. We could play up to the events of "Xehanort's" possession. That giant purple cloud in the sky could be what drove him to an obsession with darkness and his master (probably Luxu and maybe we'll see his face) will pass the No Name keyblade onto him, explain something about it, and "Xehanort" will open the box and that's when he loses himself. Then the part can end with the chess game we saw at first where Eraqus and "Xehanort" discuss the keyblade war (a newly possessed X would definitely have interest in the story) as Eraqus (may not be obsessed with light as much now, having not lost his friend to darkness [we loopin back now]) desperately hopes to be able to save his friend after all this time. This would also parallel the story to Sora trying to save Riku, and Aqua trying to save Terra, in a circle of history repeating itself (until Sora breaks it all because he's become the one to save the day)

Crandall3

TheEmoBoyToy. It means no earth. Terra means earth, Xehanort isn't really Terra anymore, no earth, plus no heart from terra and it's also in a way another version of him. Another, no heart ,no earth.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Please do not bump threads over a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back