• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort's many forms... (for those that are confused about what's going on)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mansex'sLover

I just want to make sure I have this time travel crap straight. Because the brown robed figure lacked a body, he was able to travel back in time to YMX and convince him to give up his body as well so that he could gather the other Xehanorts. Why did YMX need to give up his body if the robed figure already accomplished this?

Here's my concern with that. Since time travel works only one way, once Ansem SoD went back to inform YMX, he couldn't have gone forward in time again. So did he just freaking wait around for 50 something years until YMX came along to take him forward in time?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Here's my concern with that. Since time travel works only one way, once Ansem SoD went back to inform YMX, he couldn't have gone forward in time again. So did he just freaking wait around for 50 something years until YMX came along to take him forward in time?

That's a good point but couldn't YMX have just taken him forward from the point that they met?

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Yes, Lap, the old Xehanort forms cannot be destroyed in the post-DDD present. Time is immovable, as Young Xehanort tells Sora. Only I doubt that YMX, Ansem, and Xemnas disappear into their correct times when they are defeated, I believe that they cannot be defeated. If they were defeated in the present, then they would not have made it back to the past and would have (to the heroes) seemingly disappeared some time during BbS/KH1/2, leading inevitably to a very awkward level where all the members of the Organization and Sora search high and low for the missing final boss of KH2. In short, we know they must survive KH3, because they already have. We've seen the end of their lives, and it's not in KH3.

So no matter what happens in KH3, Ansem and Xemnas will not be destroyed. Something will interfere to save them. They can be wounded or smacked around a little, but they cannot be destroyed, because that would create a paradox. This could definitely lead to some interesting situations. If YMX, Ansem, or Xemnas sees the inevitable downfall of MX, then they will return to their times subconsciously knowing that they are destined for failure. Which is kinda cool. And depressing.

That being said, I'm curious to see how MX plans to reunite Team Xehanort. While YMX could theoretically pick everyone up again, he forgot his excursion to the future as soon as he returned to the past, so he has no conscious knowledge about time travel. I guess somebody will go back and tell him again? Would the Xehanort that goes back have to give up their body again? Or are they still covered by the "Give up one body, get time travel for life" clause?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Ok.. I read a part of this thread but I still don't get it.

Why wasn't Terranort restored when Ansem/Xemnas were destroyed and we got Master Xehanort instead? And why is MX from the present era? There is no "present era" for MX cause he doesn't exist.

The theory on the first post doesn't sound correct to me. The restored Terranort should have the following hearts inside of him

1) Master Xehanort
2) Terra (+ Master Eraqus)
3) Xemnas

It's not another heart MX needed, it's another body. If he had an empty vessel, he could move his heart there (1) and Xemnas' heart could control

BTW does it even matter that Xemnas has a heart? Isn't it gonna be merged/replaced with MX's heart in the end?

wolfshadow

On a side not about time-travel, do you think the door that appeared to Pete and Maleficent, and the one that Merlin conjured was sort of a foreshadowing to the thought that time-travel exists?

In that case, why doesn't MX conjure one up and bring all his forms back in Kh3?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
- NeoTerranort: Yeah, Terra has obviously come back but why is he still under Xehanort's control if Xehanort left his body? Remember how Xemnas grew a heart? That heart he grew was a pretty strong 'nortified heart. When Terranort's Heartless and Nobody were defeated, all of the components of both fused back together... At this point we have a "NeoTerranort" the difference being the addition of Xemnas's heart... With Xemnas's heart in place, Xehanort could leave Terra's body while still controlling him. (Oh, and I forgot to mention... This "NeoTerranort" is from the exact same point in time as Master Xehanort)

Wait... are you saying that Xemnas is Terra? Because, while their hairstyles do look quite similar, I don't think that's correct.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Wait... are you saying that Xemnas is Terra? Because, while their hairstyles do look quite similar, I don't think that's correct.

I think he's saying that now that Xehanort (the old one) is returned to normal again so should Terra since Ansem and Xemnas was born from his heart and MX's fused heart leaving terra's body.
And if Xemnas formed a nort heart of his own that Geezernort could freely leave terra's body while leaving xemnas' nortified heart to keep terra under his control.

Basically MX can become his creepy old self again while leaving terra under his control as terranort 2.0.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I think he's saying that now that Xehanort (the old one) is returned to normal again so should Terra since Ansem and Xemnas was born from his heart and MX's fused heart leaving terra's body.
And if Xemnas formed a nort heart of his own that Geezernort could freely leave terra's body while leaving xemnas' nortified heart to keep terra under his control.

Basically MX can become his creepy old self again while leaving terra under his control as terranort 2.0.

That evil bastard.. He is so mine when KH3 comes out!! D:<

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
You bump a month-old thread seeking answers and then everyone posts their own thing... *sigh*

Any help?

Ok.. I read a part of this thread but I still don't get it.

Why wasn't Terranort restored when Ansem/Xemnas were destroyed and we got Master Xehanort instead? And why is MX from the present era? There is no "present era" for MX cause he doesn't exist.

The theory on the first post doesn't sound correct to me. The restored Terranort should have the following hearts inside of him

1) Master Xehanort
2) Terra (+ Master Eraqus)
3) Xemnas

It's not another heart MX needed, it's another body. If he had an empty vessel, he could move his heart there (1) and Xemnas' heart could control

BTW does it even matter that Xemnas has a heart? Isn't it gonna be merged/replaced with MX's heart in the end?

When did Xemnas grow a heart?

We don't know the exact time period, but it was stated in DDD

Xammag

You bump a month-old thread seeking answers and then everyone posts their own thing... *sigh*

Any help?

We don't know the exact time period, but it was stated in DDD

I don't claim to know all the answers, but MX definitely still exists. Terranort is made up of Terra's body, MX's heart, and Terra's heart that's stated to have Eraqus around somewhere in there. Xemnas is Terranort's nobody, Ansem SoD is Terranort's heartless.

Remember that MX accidentally got sealed with Terra inside Terranort even though the intention was to seal him inside so MX would have complete control. I would assume that after all the Nobody/Heartless craziness that MX's heart would go back to his body and Terra's would go back to his, so Terranort wouldn't exist anymore because their hearts are in their respective bodies once again. I do wonder whatever part of Terra is in Lingering Will is going to do, though.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't claim to know all the answers, but MX definitely still exists. Terranort is made up of Terra's body, MX's heart, and Terra's heart that's stated to have Eraqus around somewhere in there. Xemnas is Terranort's nobody, Ansem SoD is Terranort's heartless.

Remember that MX accidentally got sealed with Terra inside Terranort even though the intention was to seal him inside so MX would have complete control. I would assume that after all the Nobody/Heartless craziness that MX's heart would go back to his body and Terra's would go back to his, so Terranort wouldn't exist anymore because their hearts are in their respective bodies once again. I do wonder whatever part of Terra is in Lingering Will is going to do, though.

But the whole plot of Birth by Sleep revolves around MX casting his body aside cause he was dying (?) and he needed a new vessel: Terra. There isn't a body in which he can return to.

Terra's Will will (ehm..) return to its body, since practically it's his mind fighting one last time to regain control of its body, failing, and ever since waiting in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Gram

Banned
Awards
But the whole plot of Birth by Sleep revolves around MX casting his body aside cause he was dying (?) and he needed a new vessel: Terra. There isn't a body in which he can return to.

Terra's Will will (ehm..) return to its body, since practically it's his mind fighting one last time to regain control of its body, failing, and ever since waiting in the Keyblade Graveyard.
That's obviously not true since we see MX in DDD. As Young Xehanort stated the MX that appeared was his "most future self" and as MX himself stated he's "a complete person again"
So even though he cast that body aside in bbs he's seemed to have reunited with it as some point in the future.
And I highly doubt it's a new vessel either, he wouldn't go through the trouble of finding a replacement vessel that was as old as his original so going by that we can assume that is his original body in DDD.

Well his main reason for wanting terra's body in bbs wasn't just to avoid death, it was so he could live long enough to see the keyblade war he was attempting to restart.

Besides that may have been his plan at that time but his current plan requires 13 darknesses each a version of himself and to do that it's not to hard to see that he'd ditch terra (though still under his control) to return to his old body if it meant getting him his 13 vessels needed.

I dont know if I'd go as far as to call the Lingering Will Terra's literal mind, maybe more of his lingering feelings and thoughts left behind in the armor but not the actual mind itself.

When did Xemnas grow a heart?
To be honest we don't know. Nomura has stated that Ansem and Xemnas formed minds of their own but has never outright stated on Xemnas having a heart, though he's hinted towards it.

And going by Xemnas' speech on nobodies and hearts in DDD about most of the org members were "showing signs of a burgeoning replacement" one could assume he developed his own little 'nort heart.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Where does "Apprentice Xehanort" fit into all this? Will he ever came back?
And I'm not talking about "Terranort" as they are 2 different forms. The scientist Xehanort.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ That probably depends on if the Apprentice truly had amnesia or was faking it.
What set the Apprentice apart from the rest was that he was terranort with anmesia but in DDD's opening we see the Apprentice summon MX's keyblade and attacking the other apprentices so it's come into speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back